Fieldrunners 1.3 submitted!!!

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by herr_sebbe, Dec 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mlkaufman

mlkaufman Well-Known Member

Apr 24, 2009
    Chicago
    That's terrible. Heaven forbid anyone should try to make money in the App store.

You did. You bought the game that was available when you bought it. Would you be happier if they came out with FieldRunners 2 and just made you purchase an entire new app?

There are so many cheapskates on TA. Its embarrassing.

Michael

2. GothamCity

GothamCity Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2009
    Italy
    #23 GothamCity, Dec 21, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2009
    but i read somewhere that the new update will be totally free for previous users(so not DLC).It isn't correct?

3. don_k

don_k Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2008
    Do you guys really think paying a few bucks means a lifetime of free updates? If it's just bug fixes then no problem. But constant content updates? Be realistic.

4. Sambo110

Sambo110 Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2008
    Australia
    They did update this game, added new towers and maps. I paid for the game, and got those things free as a nice surprise. This update is free to people who own the game, like all updates. I think it's fair for them to charge for maps, as we obviously thought it was worth the price as we all bought it, and now if you want to support them and get more maps, you can. God, it's only a couple of dollars.

5. wootbean

wootbean Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2009
    the next whiskey bar
    I actually think this is reasonable..2 maps and towers were added as free updates already

6. S.I.D. CrAzY

S.I.D. CrAzY Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009

Uh no, they've updated it several times before.

7. MaxPower

MaxPower Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2009
    So with the openfeint achievements... if some of the achievements are things I have already done, are those immediately unlocked, or do I have to do it again to get the achievement?

Just wondering how it works when openfeint is added to later versions of games.

8. Aurora

Aurora Well-Known Member

This is the biggest waste of $2.99 I've ever spent. After a year without an update, and the slowest pace of any TD I've ever seen, now they're introducing DLC? WTF? o_O

9. da shiz wiz 19

da shiz wiz 19 Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    Its not slow?

10. tonyunreal

tonyunreal Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2009
    #31 tonyunreal, Dec 21, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2009
    Depends on how the developer implements it I think. Basically your achivements should be empty when the updated game launches, but some aspects of the game can be so easily tracked that they can be converted to achivements right away.

Let's say they have a set of achivements called "Unlock 1 Map", "Unlock 3 Maps", "Unlock All Maps", they can be easily tracked from the saved data of an older version, and you will notice the game automatically updates these achivements for you. Another example would be the level of your character in an role-playing game, even though the game didn't know they should record such data as an achivement before the developer integrate some kind of online system into it, the maximum reached level of a player character could still be told by checking all the previous saved files.

Unfortunately more complex achievements like "Kill 1000 infantries with a single rocket launcher" or "Blow up a ship the last second before it could leave the map" won't be possible to datamine from a saved file, since the game has no idea that status data like this should be recorded until now. Keep in mind these examples are fake and made up by me, I haven't played the updated game, so we really don't know how well they made the achivements until the update comes out.

11. Benegesserit

Benegesserit Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2009
    Anticipated, my ass. People have always been excited about the leaderboards, as everyone always wants with the most popular games. IAP has always been a doomsday for the consumer, ever since the day Apple announced it we knew the day would come when a developer would just nickel-and-dime consumers to death.

All these games in the past came with real free updates with lots of new content and maps (INCLUDING this game!!), and thanks to Apple that's all gone.

12. onewithchaos

onewithchaos Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2009
    California
    i got this game at 4.99 and after trying it out for days and days to get my money's worth, i deleted it. Its extremely boring, once i got geoDefenseand the creeps! i realized what a waste of money this was. I wouldve given it another shot with new updates, but since they're charging for it I'm gonna have to pass and go play with my geoDefense swarm

13. wootbean

wootbean Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2009
    the next whiskey bar
    I loved this game when I first got it but that was way before geoDefense and the creeps and all those games were released. one of my first TD games, still like it

14. fallqvist

fallqvist Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2009
    So, are the new towers free?

And also, if I buy DLC on my iphone, can my brother download the same DLC for free? Like with the apps.

15. craighauser

craighauser Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2009
    North Bend, WA
    I am still a fan of field runners. I probably won't buy the extra maps but I will give the update a try. Interested to see how the multiplayer works.

16. Random_Guy

Random_Guy Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2009
    Australia, mate!
    In-app purchases for the extra maps? No chance!

17. onewithchaos

onewithchaos Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2009
    California
    dang, thats a good question

18. loves2spoon

loves2spoon Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2009
    Sales
    California
    Bought this game one the day of it's release, played the sh*t out of it for a couple weeks and deleted it from the iPhone.

I guess paying $2 wouldn't be so bad, ehhhhh [​IMG]

19. Will090

Will090 Well-Known Member

Can't say I'm happy with the DLC decision, but I love this game too much to not get the new maps