Universal Feral Fury (by Skandivania Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by JoakimFF, Oct 5, 2016.

1. Emeritus-III

Emeritus-III Active Member

Oct 22, 2016
    Wow, just made it to 4-1 right now and what a blast man.. #

2. Emeritus-III

Oct 22, 2016
    Okay guys, I think that the unlocked keys are really bugged, because I'm still having locked doors although having both keys unlocked. Unless you can find them in crates but if that's the case they're pretty damn rare :)

3. esty8nine

esty8nine Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2013
    Ok question how do you know if your in new game plus ?

I was on a 3 game win streak, and after I beat the boss I finally noticed the door in the back that lead me to 5-1, wow it was tough in there ! Is that just a bonus area or is that something new ? I would love a mode where the whole game is kinda like the 5-1 difficulty, as of now it's pretty easy until like the last floor... Also interested in other people's thoughts on it

4. JoakimFF

JoakimFF Well-Known Member

Apr 7, 2016
    Lead programmer at Skandivania Games
    Norway
    Hi first of the book, im not gonna tell you were to use it as I don't want to spoil the fun ;) its pretty obvious once you find were to use it.

There is indeed more doors then keys you can buy, the rest is secret keys you will have to find in the world. Maybe the book can help you in some way what do I know *whistles*

As soon as you beat the game the first time your automatically on new game plus on all further runs, its indicated by the panda in the main menu having blue eyes.

5-1 leads you to the true ending, and yes the difficulty takes a turn here :)
    We are also looking at different possible modes, but its not something that is right around the corner...

5. Emeritus-III

Oct 22, 2016
    Well then, that answers it :)

Thanks again for a super awesome game, having a real hard time putting it down :)

6. JoakimFF

Apr 7, 2016
    Norway
    #166 JoakimFF, Nov 10, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2016
    Small announcement, update 1.0.3 has just been sent to Apple review. This is mostly a patch update but we recommend that all of you update when it goes live in a day or two, in order to get he best experience.

Fixes include but not limited to:

- Fixed orientation glitch, now allows to change landscape mode in real time.
    - Dual pistols now remain after continue.
    - Fixed several locations were the player could get stuck.
    - Added more rooms to 3 - 2
    - Fixed error when entering secret teleport.
    - Fixed error when shooting on Vending machine with shotgun.

7. Emeritus-III

Oct 22, 2016
    Sounds good #

I've been experiencing that entering a room and holding down the running, he starts the new room running at a completely different way, lets say he starts running to the right even though I entered the room running to the left. Known issue or just my play style that's weird? :)

On another note, when key items are being dropped, are they supposed to disappear when exiting the room? I got the old book again but just as he died I exited the room and the book was gone. Wondered if it was intentional or not since everything else except orbs and coins are still there when exiting rooms.

On a third note, I found my first rusty old key in a run and met the hawk merchant for the first time also :)

Sorry if I sound like a broken record with my questions and thoughts, I just love this gem :)

8. JoakimFF

Apr 7, 2016
    Norway

We have had a few reports from people experiencing the same thing with the controls but we are yet to track down the issue, I suspect its device specific and we are investigating what causes it and what devices are affected.

The book should definitely be persistent between rooms, this is a new one though so we will have to take a look at whats going on.

And by all means please keep the feedback / questions coming it helps us improve upon the game immensely :)

9. esty8nine

Dec 21, 2013
    The movement thing has been like that from the get go for me to, (iPhone 6+)

I just got used to moving into a room and letting go of the movement to redo it. If you just hold the control stick INTO a new room that will by default be a different direction in the next room.

And the little patch looks good to me ! Thanks for all the feedback, still waiting for people to get better at the game before I start really diving into dailys again =p

10. JoakimFF

Apr 7, 2016
    Norway

I was gonna say that we in the team could start playing the dailys in order to give you some competition, but then I managed to die on 1 - 3 and ended up with only 40 k... there is always tomorrow I guess :)

11. esty8nine

Dec 21, 2013
    Lmao, please do! ^

12. Repulsa

Repulsa Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2015
    The coins and items that enemies drop disappear way faster then I can grab them. Also, how long does a curse last? They don't follow you into subsequent runs do they? I was cursed with more enemies and ever since it seems there have been more enemies in every run after I was cursed.

13. Emeritus-III

Oct 22, 2016
    Cool #

And I finally beat the game, never thought I could do it. I had 6 health in like stage 1-3 but around 3-2 I had only 3 left cause some curses. But I had some kickass drones and scrolls and the lovely minigun with full ammo carried me since the beginning almost #. Loved the lvl sun the latter part of the game and the finale was great! Loved it!! Got like 4200 orbs in that round :D

I have a question though,
    after the credits there is a scene with a mutated pig, is that a fightable boss? I fought the king and it ended with the panda army taking over and executions of the pigs :)

Oh, another thing - I've unlocked the upgraded both perks you can spend orbs to start with by the beginning but there are still the same three that shows for me. Is something wrong with that?

14. Emeritus-III

Oct 22, 2016
    Ignore this #

15. JoakimFF

Apr 7, 2016
    Norway

sorry to hear your struggling a bit, only coins and orbs disappear though. There are several items you can find that will make them stay longer so be on the look out. Still we are always open to change so I leave it to the community to debate if this is an issue or not.

As for curses; in normal runs a curse disappears between every stage so if you get a curse on 1 - 1 it will be gone once you reach 1 - 2. you can always see what curse is active if you open up the inventory in the pause menu.

The curse you get at the start of the daily run on the other hand remains for the duration of the entire run.

Congratz! this is were the real fun begin all your next runs will be in new game + and be even more challenging :)
    The mutated pig AKA Jehogtsuo is indeed a fightable boss that you can only get to on new game +

16. sinagog

sinagog Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2014
    Please keep the coins as is! It gives collecting them a real risk-reward element. A good hearty roll towards them usually clears the gap fairly quickly.

17. Emeritus-III

Oct 22, 2016
    #177 Emeritus-III, Nov 10, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2016
    Ah that's sweet! :)

I've played NG+ for the last hour and it has been kicking my ass, damn. I'm currently at 4-1 though, lets see how it goes.. #

EDIT: Damn, I died in 4-3, desperately looking for the exit room after have gotten a no map curse, lol.

I found the usage of the book though ##

18. decript

decript Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2010
    BC, Canada
    #178 decript, Nov 11, 2016
    Loving the game. Made it to 4-1 only once. Have yet to beat the game. Bought all upgrades. Had a couple questions and concerns.

1-Any plans to release more unlockable upgrades? Or even the option to buy more types of items (scrolls, drones etc) at the start of the run?

2-Any plans for new modes or stages?

3-Would it be possible to have a compendium for all the items in the game? Perhaps as they are collected for the first time, it becomes revealed there. I like to know what a scroll/helmet/drone does before buying it.

4-I too have that glitch when moving into a new room I have to let go of the joystick for it to reset or else I'll just run back into the room I just came from.

5-Any tips to spotting hidden rooms or which types of rooms never have them? It takes many clips of ammo to destroy the wall

6-I agree about the risk-reward with going after orbs. However, it can be frustrating watching them swirl around me in circles then they disappear before touching my character. Also, does only one boss release orbs (the spider)?

7-Finally, is it intended to permanently loose a health bar in a run for each new major stage? Eg. 6 for stage 1, 5 for stage 2, 4 for stage 3 etc. I have no curses

19. jsrco

jsrco Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Oct 15, 2009
    Coordinator
    Seattle
    Wait till world 5.....

20. JoakimFF

Apr 7, 2016
    Norway
    #180 JoakimFF, Nov 11, 2016
    Update 1.0.3 is live folks, also only two days left before Feral Fury goes back up to 3.99 $ so if your thinking of grabbing a copy now might be a good time.

Change log:

- Fixed orientation glitch, now allows to change landscape mode in real time.
    - Dual pistols now remain after continue.
    - Fixed several locations were the player could get stuck.
    - Added more rooms to 3 - 2
    - Fixed error when entering secret teleport.
    - Fixed error when shooting on Vending machine with shotgun.