Universal Feral Fury (by Skandivania Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by JoakimFF, Oct 5, 2016.

1. childermass

childermass Member

Oct 8, 2016
    Welcome to the club.

2. esty8nine

esty8nine Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2013
    I'll try and post a bunch of tips later to maybe he'll people having a rough time

3. esty8nine

Dec 21, 2013
    #83 esty8nine, Oct 9, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2016
    I'll keep adding to this if I can because I deff don't remember things I wanted to say but I'll also list some obvious things for people that just don't realize the mechanics

I also don't claim to be a pro at all, yes I do get 1st in a lot of dailys and have beat the game (not new game plus) but I still have a lot of practice to go.

-you dodge roll to go through bullets and get out of tight spaces, generally if you can dodge roll behind cover, even better. I also try not to use dodge roll unless I have to (practice just simply walking out of the way)

- swipe left or right- reload

- swipe up or down- gun swap

- when two boxes diagonal from each other, you can shoot enemies through the meeting point of the two and the enemies can't hit you back

- you can find secret rooms (binding of Isaac style) by just shooting about 4-5 pistol shots at the wall, it should visually crack and make a crack noise, if it does you can keep shooting to blow it open. (Don't stand right near wall the blast from opening it can hurt you)

- If I see a syringe that gives a shield (red I believe) I try to save it and use all the Medkits laying around first, your health you can get back your shield you can't.

-when I see a extra pistol on the ground right before a boss floor I'll just save till the end of the floor to pick it up so I can take it to the boss, I also will leave it on the floor if I know I'm going to be searching for a secret room.

- just because you have a new gun i.e. Machine gun or shot gun doesn't mean you should throw away all your ammo. A lot of the times I will walk into a room with it equip and assess the situation, If there are a bunch of scary mobs, blast away. If maybe there a bunch of mobs but not to scary, maybe blast away one right awAy then switch back out to your pistol for the rest. I will say I'm comfortable enough, if it's just a couple bugs I will just use the pistol.

-if you can stand between a soldier and a wall most of the time you can get him to bounce a grenade back on himself or other mobs, this does tons of damage to them.

- position is everything, get behind those crates and create a "safe" zone, unless they are flying, enemies can't move through it and can't shoot you through boxes, pop out, fire your rounds, pop back in.

-when you first start the game I think your pistol starts half empty for some reason, reload before your first room =p

-you can drop coins into the well, a lot of the time around 6 to get a random syringe or curse.

-if I don't have AT LEAST 10 coins I won't even bother wasting a key to open a shop, save it for a chest instead.

-you can fight and kill the shop keeper to make everything in the shop free

4. esty8nine

Dec 21, 2013
    #84 esty8nine, Oct 9, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2016
    I hope at least one of these things helps someone having a hard time getting anywhere in this FUN game =]

To the dev more thoughts

I'd like to be able to see the previous day's daily leaderboards. I think it would just be fun to compare the different people on the previous day, seeing people either get better or whatever it may be

And maybe some kind of flawless boss kill bonus whether it's maybe coins or a guaranteed health pack, ammo ? Kind of the like gungeon rewards you for this.

Also thought of the idea of maybe getting a bonus item/and or score for clearing stages under a certain time.

A gun that doesn't do damage but maybe turns a enemy to stone for a while ? A crowd control gun ? Could be neat

- a item that takes away your dodge roll but gives you a parry if you hit it Right before a bullet hits you, could have like a 2 sec cool if it successfully blocks an attack ?

These are just thoughts but maybe they will get ya thinking of something. =]

5. esty8nine

Dec 21, 2013
    Ugh.... Got to the last floor on the daily and the game just shut.... =[ I think this game is against me taking 1st.... It happened RiGHT after killing third boss.

6. JimmyFF

JimmyFF Active Member

Apr 6, 2016
    Sounds like your device is running out of memory. This might happen if you`ve been playing for a while and have several other games running in the background. If this happens during a normal run, continue will always bring you back exactly where you were. But since daily don`t have continue, I suggest you close all other games and restart FF before doing it, just to be safe.

There is a chance that each boss drops a heart (permanent hp container) depending on how much damage you`ve taken during that entire chapter (3 stages+ boss).

You can actually get anything from the wells. It`s completely random. Also, during a regular run the effect of curses only lasts for one stage. So don`t be afraid to take a chance.

But remember that killing the shopkeeper will close all remaining shops during that run.

Thanks you all for awesome suggestions. Many of them are already being worked on for the first update. Apparently great minds think alike.:D

7. jpgold

jpgold Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2012
    Online Ad Sales - Pandora
    New York, NY
    Finally beat the first boss and made it to 2-2. So depressing rebooting and being back at 1-1 haha.

For those on the fence with this....stick with it and you will enjoy more and more. The permanent upgrades definitely help and as you start unlocking, the game will get (slightly) easier.

8. esty8nine

Dec 21, 2013
    Thanks for clarifying dev! Knowing that I will start picking up those "random" syringes now !

9. pathogen541

pathogen541 Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2016
    So I'm in the midst of a run right now (legit, it's suspended in the background lol) and I wanted to say that I don't feel the rewards from the injection room are much of a good trade off. I feel like they should be a bit more substantially powerful. I mean, I see my panda get injected with this green ooze and his eyes light up like the hulk and I'm like "OH SH** ITS ABOUT TO GET REAL" and it doesn't quite pan out that way lol.
    I thought weapon mods would be kinda cool. Like the injection changes the shot type depending on the weapon you are using.... For instance: maybe with the assault rifle, an injection would cause the shells to penetrate barriers? Or maybe the shotgun has a slight area effect all incorporating the green visual effects of the injection rooms... I dunno, just thought I'd share. Still, as is, easily my GotY on iPad... By far. This game has pulled me away from BoI.... The original, grandmaster, BoI has been usurped by a mini gun wielding panda bear. Amazing.

10. pathogen541

pathogen541 Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2016
    ONE OTHER THING- i think it would be cool if there was a compendium of items that filled up as you play, just so you can look back at the items you've found. I played a game called Risk of Rain that was really fun but one thing I liked most was trying to complete the item database. It didn't give item effects or anything beyond the tool tip which was usually quite vague as is the case with Feral Fury. Just something else to flesh it out.

11. jsrco

jsrco Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Oct 15, 2009
    Coordinator
    Seattle
    Ammo

And that's the red panda warp / store

12. esty8nine

Dec 21, 2013
    Crappy run but managed to snag first again =] do syringes ( good or bad) last all run in the dailys or just for that chapter or ?

13. JimmyFF

JimmyFF Active Member

Apr 6, 2016
    Curses are permanent in the daily. You can always see what items you`ve found and what curses/effects are active during a run in the pause meny.

14. esty8nine

Dec 21, 2013
    And sometimes I get lucky a nail a quick red card in like the first 2 rooms and can just go right to the next floor but I feel like there arent really any benefits to that. Are the bounes for getting to the next lvls quick and maybe being less "powered up" ever out way fully exploring each floor ? What are your thoughts ?

15. rezn

rezn Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Mar 8, 2014
    Male
    Coder/Keyer in medical ICD 10
    Reno, NV
    Great game. Was happy to have paid for it.

16. esty8nine

Dec 21, 2013
    Ok I just thought another reason to have it so you can look at the last dailys leaderboards is so you can see where ya ended up at the end of the day ! Mid day I was 1st but by the end I have no idea because I can't see it now ! =p

17. esty8nine

Dec 21, 2013
    Move or die, >_< at least the run wasn't stingy on top of that =p

18. socalledsin

socalledsin Well-Known Member

That daily was rough

19. jsrco

jsrco Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Oct 15, 2009
    Coordinator
    Seattle
    Ya... only thing that really got me was the damn chest opening. Took damage during that.

20. jsrco

jsrco Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Oct 15, 2009
    Coordinator
    Seattle
    Beat the game on NG+ and unlocked the blue chicken shop. But where is the 4th old key and how do you get to the boss unlocked in NG+?