Universal Feral Fury (by Skandivania Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by JoakimFF, Oct 5, 2016.

1. jpgold

jpgold Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2012
    Online Ad Sales - Pandora
    New York, NY
    #61 jpgold, Oct 7, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2016
    What does the blue card do?

I already have the blue card and the first two loadout upgrades. Would have to choose from: speed up, ammo up, critical up, luck up, or key.

And thanks!

2. jsrco

jsrco Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Oct 15, 2009
    Coordinator
    Seattle
    Loadouts don't really do much for me. Syringe is the only one I get usually. Maybe the shotgun when it pops.

Blue cards unlock shop doors and chest. Chest are the blue rooms with what looks like a coffin in the middle. They sometimes appear in end of level rooms with the Red Panda once you unlock it.

Also another little tip, with the room with the hole in the floor, if you walk into the floor you drop coins down the hole. Get a random blessing or curse.

3. jpgold

jpgold Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2012
    Online Ad Sales - Pandora
    New York, NY
    Thanks for all that. The upgrades I'm talking about are the permanent ones. When you tap "upgrades" below "new game". I have about $1,100 to play with and didn't know which of the ones I mentioned above is the most worthwhile to get.

4. jn2002dk

jn2002dk Well-Known Member

May 22, 2009
    Denmark
    I went for the luck syringe first and then for the blue keycard but really i don't think you can go wrong with any of them

Sometimes on stage 1-1 there is a room with a chest in the middle. In later levels, there are shops that has to be unlocked. You use the blue keycard for those. It only works once each game though

5. jsrco

jsrco Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Oct 15, 2009
    Coordinator
    Seattle
    They drop pretty frequently later on.

6. pathogen541

pathogen541 Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2016
    Gotta say this is scratching the BoI itch quite nicely. Seems to be a cross between EtG and BoI, best of both worlds. So far I've only made it to 2-2 and found a Dusty Old Book and I have no idea what it does....and I love that. Discovering what items did what in BoI was half the fun. I also like a lot of the cosmetic touches too, like the panda closing one eye while he aims his pistol, or the bloody foot prints, and the flys that gather in rooms where viscera lay strewn about like my clothes at the office Christmas party. It's awesome. I really think you guys have done a great job with this one. I've been playing LoF as of late and this has made me put that down. Any plans to add more items/blessings/curses/weapons?
    More is never bad..... Lol

7. JoakimFF

JoakimFF Well-Known Member

Apr 7, 2016
    Lead programmer at Skandivania Games
    Norway
    Glad you enjoy playing the game! Yes an update is in the works that will add to all of the things you mentioned, as well as other things we are not yet ready to reveal. :)

8. socalledsin

socalledsin Well-Known Member

Any chance of furthering the brightness option more? Also external audio would be a plus, though I've found using control center to resume audio works as well, just no sound effects.

9. jn2002dk

jn2002dk Well-Known Member

May 22, 2009
    Denmark
    Yup:)

I was only referring to the starter one so no one got it and expected it to open all chests and doors

10. pathogen541

Jun 19, 2016
    WOOOOOOOOOOOO

Yes this pleases me greatly. Can't wait to see what you guys have in store.

11. esty8nine

esty8nine Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2013
    ^ wow I can't get more excited thank you !! This needs to be in the App Store front page wtf!

Ok time to do daily

12. esty8nine

Dec 21, 2013
    slow shooting most annoying curse ever lol,

Went into a secret room with the big hammer dude and two warlock dudes....RIP

13. pathogen541

Jun 19, 2016
    So if I'm allowed to ask, ball park estimate, how many items/weapons/curses/blessings/helmets are in the game currently? I am loving it btw..... Still can't make it past 2-2..... I suck.

14. JimmyFF

JimmyFF Active Member

Apr 6, 2016
    100 in total. Working on doubling that in first update. Feel free to make any suggestions.

15. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    I want a panda rage power up where you turn into a giant panda and crush everything in the room lol.

Billy

Call it Panda Hulk

16. esty8nine

Dec 21, 2013
    Sniper rifle ? High power/high reload time ?

17. pathogen541

Jun 19, 2016
    Suggestions...hmmmmm.....

Weapons:
    If there isn't one, an auto shotgun
    Some form of beam weapon
    I think a weapon that would drastically change the way you play i.e high risk reward weapon

I don't feel I've played enough to suggest anything further lol. I just made it to 3-2 this morning.... Mini Gun, plus 2 injection rooms, moon drone, and 3 speed+ syringes makes for a blast. I'm liking the progression through out the run, adding items and powers gradually, has that BoI hook, however, I'm finding myself enjoying the faster paced more bullet-hell style that Feral Fury has....BoI was always kinda slow for me at times.... I felt like it took forever before I really started feeling like a BA becuse the basic shot sucks.... At least the pistol is still able to hold its own.

Something I've noticed tho. In the trap rooms with the sliding spike blocks, occasionally when I enter a room it will spawn me right on top of the spike block.... Just a little something I noticed.

18. Repulsa

Repulsa Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Is this similar to leap of fate? The difficulty level is kinda scaring me off for the moment.

19. pathogen541

Jun 19, 2016
    In my opinion, this is much more difficult than LoF. I've beaten LoF with most characters, after only a couple of runs with each. This is much more similar in difficulty to Binding of Isaac/Enter the Gungeon. It's very good, but it definitely makes you up your twin stick game a little bit. It encorporates the same room design as BoI but the bullet-dodging dodge roll of EtG. It's dope. Don't give up. Lol

20. childermass

childermass Member

Oct 8, 2016
    This game is great. I love when I can say the controls have "weight" to them. This game has made me consider finally getting a mfi controller.