Universal Feral Fury (by Skandivania Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by JoakimFF, Oct 5, 2016.

1. Dailon80

Dailon80 Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2014
    Program Director/Radio DJ
    Eos
    Thanks and I know exactly what you are talking about
    Cool that helps
    This game is 5/5 epic good

I'm over the darkness don't care makes it more eerie etc and while sometimes it is hard to see it adds to the overall game

2. shadowhawkx

shadowhawkx Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2012
    This looks really good! Unfortunately I only have credit to buy this or Leap of Fate.:confused: Can anyone recommend one or the other? Are they similar or completely different games?

3. Dailon80

Dailon80 Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2014
    Program Director/Radio DJ
    Eos
    I have both easily this one! I like leap of fate but this one to me is a lot more fun and addictive to play
    Like wayward souls addictive
    The dual stick controls on this one also seem a tad better and this one more Blood :)
    And I actually deleted leap of fate to make room for jade Empire I may bring it back one day but personally didn't really like it

I have a ton of hope for death road to Canada but with this game in my own opinion its a game of the year contender

4. esty8nine

esty8nine Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2013
    Ugh, I was going to take 1st place on daily again I was past 2nd boss ! I entered and exited a room a couple times and the game crashed! It didn't post a score and it won't let me do daily again.... =[ =[ =[ well.... You guys can have today I guess...

Ps: the struggle when you get 4 tacticle vests and 0 weapon finds...

5. Gluskap

Gluskap Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2015
    #45 Gluskap, Oct 6, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2016
    Looks like I expected so much from Feral Fury and wrote all this because I got disappointed. Feel free to skip my posts.

Alright so I'm one of the few people here who actually paid for this. I was not in the beta.

This game is ok at very best. Not even lite Enter The Gungeon or Binding of Isaac. Played for 2 hours and here are my impressions and why it's not worth $4 FOR ME:

-Bad controls: I don't know why but there is delay at shooting. Many times character reloads instead of shooting because, you swipe left to reload on right virtual stick. Don't say " omg switch to buttons you **** " because they are even worse, I tried. Because all of that there is "Aim Assist".

-Bad enemy design: almost all of them explodes and mostly they will hurt you only that way, they are not so different in later levels. Boss fights are actually easier than mini-boss fights.

-Bad level design: Rooms are too small and spikes, traps and enemies come together and no matter how well you dodge, something will hit you. Oh I forgot to add something. AMBUSH! You revisit the rooms that you were in to reach new ones and enemies can spawn in those AGAIN to shoot you in the face. Remember the room with all those spikes and traps, that's where you're gonna see AMBUSH!

-Tons of items? Hell no: I only saw different weapon for once (other than pistol) from miner (trader). Yes you can rent one at beginning of the game if you have enough currency but there is so little in chests or stores. Other items you are gonna find/buy will only have a very basic passive effect. Like shield, more critical chance, visible secret rooms, more movement speed and such. There is no item that will affect the gameplay or rest of the run like in TBOI. You can't even see many items because blue cards for opening locked chests and some doors are so rare.

If you have an iPad then I strongly recommend Leap of Fate. That game is far, far better than this.

6. esty8nine

Dec 21, 2013
    On the counter I would say YES this game DIFFICULT, but the dodging thing comes down to personal skill and positioning I have no problem with, yes the game is still hard by designs but I love that and get better and better each run. ^.^

7. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    #47 LordShad0wz, Oct 6, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2016
    Just because you were in the beta doesn't mean you don't pay for it. I PAID for this game upon release. Would you like to see the receipt? What makes you think most people here didn't pay for the game? Being in a beta doesn't make it free upon release. It is 2 separate things.

I disagree with every single one of your points.

Billy

8. jn2002dk

jn2002dk Well-Known Member

May 22, 2009
    Denmark
    You think people in betas don't pay for the full release? lol

Anyway, you're entitled to your opinion even if it is wrong

9. esty8nine

Dec 21, 2013
    ^^ you said it better then I could have boyz.

10. jsrco

jsrco Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Oct 15, 2009
    Coordinator
    Seattle
    Few things:

I paid for this just like you.

NG+ I see a larger variety of enemy types, but what you described is exactly the same as a majority of the enemies in EoG

Did you make it far enough in the game? There are several room variants that are bigger than the screen. One entire level even takes place on a train.

There are items that have some very significant effects:
    Drones - seek and destroy, item collectors, extra firepower etc.
    Holograms
    Scrolls that have some very significant game changing effects
    The injection room
    Helmets that effect everything from stats, damage invulrablities, to giving you an ability to res for money.
    7 different types of guns....

You know what... it doesn’t matter, you didn't like it. That’s cool, but the way you wrote this, is definitely negative towards others. If you can't see the similarities to BoI or EoG sorry, but others can.

11. socalledsin

socalledsin Well-Known Member

These points are pretty close to what I felt after a couple hours of playing last night, but it is still a good game. Easily worth the pennies it cost. Binding of Isaac or enter the gungeon it is not, but it's cool in its own way. So far I'd lean towards leap of fate as the better game in this style, but you can't go wrong with either one.

12. Gluskap

Gluskap Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2015
    #52 Gluskap, Oct 7, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2016
    First of all I didn't say "Hey look these fellas (especially Billy because he doesn't pay for anything (check bottom of this post)) didn't pay for the game! Catch'em!". I saw lots of testers and in this thread people praise without saying single bad thing about the game, that's it.

Roguelike (or roguelite) is my favorite genre so I don't have problem with difficulty. I have problem with insuperable gameplay/mechanics, unavoidable damage. You said you're not good at saying things but hope you are better at understanding. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Well we should (or have to) pay if we enjoyed while testing otherwise it'll be piracy IMO. But if you think all testers pay for the game at launch then you are naive.

Only jsrco did not take my post personally (or emotionally) and did write something we can discuss.

Their shape and animations look similar for sure but not their behavior in EoG.
    Yes, I saw "bigger" rooms but they have the same issue. Filled with unbreakable blocks, traps, spikes and enemies with too little space. Like rooms in BoI with lots of traps but no enemies.

Yes I saw drone, hologram (did no good in my run), scrolls (doubles drop rate of pistol, sick), injection room (that gives you same ability you already have via taking your health), helmets (gives 2 shields, shows secret rooms). You know what? You are wrong. It matters because this way we can talk about design of the game. Of any game. We can see what's bad or good. Otherwise forum would be like "downloading!!!!! xD" and "g8 game i r8 8/8".

As I said none of these items make difference to core gameplay or make rest of the run interesting. I kept playing after I wrote my first post and still didn't see any overpowered item or an item that's gonna ruin my run via changing the gameplay not the state (curses) or an item will make super combo with another one while they are weak on their own. See that's what I'm talking about?

Let's see what I've written.

I guess I have to explain every sentence I made. Of course they are similar; floors contain bunch of rooms, items that you can pick-up during the run and lose after you die, randomized rooms, items, enemies, layouts... What I'm saying is: in my opinion Feral Fury is not even bare bones of BoI. I don't feel like I'm playing a different run or setup each time. Maybe that's just me.

You are right. Gonna edit my post in a second.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry for wall of text. But I'm sure metalcasket loves me as well as my posts right bb? ;)

We all know how much you love iOS Gaming and trying to support developers as you can Billy.

13. JimmyFF

JimmyFF Active Member

Apr 6, 2016
    Haha;D I wont skip your post.
    I`m very sorry that we let you down.
    If you`re dissapointed you should definitely express that. Discussing games, the good and the bad, is half the fun of loving games.

Thank you for giving it a chance though.

14. esty8nine

Dec 21, 2013
    I just don't get what "unavoidable damage" means that's what keeps getting me.... Unless I am taking unavoidable literally and your exaggerating it ? I mean your allowed to have your own opinions and I'm not arguing that... But I am questioning your skill in the game if you mean that literally. =P

15. atalkinghamsandwich

atalkinghamsandwich Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2015
    I got the 'old rusty key' and now I can get into those specific locked rooms, but the one I went in was empty. What am I suppose to do in there?

16. jsrco

jsrco Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Oct 15, 2009
    Coordinator
    Seattle
    There are 3 rusty keys in the game.... one is the red panda (can appear at the end of the level / warp in ng+) will trade items, one is the elephant / sells scrolls for orbs., and the third I have no idea (have the key from the book and haven't found the door again).

Once you beat the game, the titles screen has an eye color change and you are stuck in ng+, which has a new boss at the end.

By the way, injections rooms can give you 3 different abilities. Teleport roll which I could get to stay teleported and do damage in beta, floating orb that absorbs damage, and damage orb. You can get all 3 but you have to have at least 4 health bars to do it.

If you open the shop, go to the arcade on the wall.

17. jn2002dk

jn2002dk Well-Known Member

May 22, 2009
    Denmark
    So here is what you actually said

I don't see how this can be interpreted in any other way than most of the people praising this game not having paid for it

As for your other points - well why would you expect a discussion?

You posted points that the vast majority disagrees with. That's not to say they aren't valid for you but what's the point in debating it if we're so far apart?

Most of us here seem to really enjoy this game. If you don't, just move on to another game. Horses for courses

By the way, my post about your opinion being wrong was meant as a tongue in cheek way of expressing my disagreement. If i failed to make that clear i apologise

Back to the topic of the thread

After playing this a lot more i still absolutely love it!

It's definitely up there among the best releases of the year in my opinion

Well done devs

18. jpgold

jpgold Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2012
    Online Ad Sales - Pandora
    New York, NY
    OK so this game sucked me in. Really didn't like it at first, but the more I played the more it grew on me.

What is the "best" $750 upgrade to get? I already bought the first two upgrades, but now there are a bunch for $750 and was curious.

I can make it to 1-4 regularly now, but can't get past that boss. This game is TOUGH but despite what others think, I feel that the controls are there. When I die it's definitely my fault haha.

Hope I can get better at this.

19. jsrco

jsrco Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Oct 15, 2009
    Coordinator
    Seattle
    I'd get the blue card upgrade then magnet. I have always had a chest on the first floor so blue card is awesome.

First boss, don't hide behind pillars. Unless he fires the flamethrower, get up close and dodge bullets. It is really easy.

20. esty8nine

Dec 21, 2013
    Yep ^ only thing you have to watch for is when he opens his mouth he is prob going to shoot out a super fast rocket.

You can find secret rooms kinda binding of Isaac style but in this game you can just shoot the wall to open them =]

If someone can spoiler bar this, I don't know how lol