Universal Feral Fury (by Skandivania Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by JoakimFF, Oct 5, 2016.

1. Legion180

Legion180 Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2015
    Thank you for explaining. Didn’t think it was set in such a manner.

I do hope that this strange problem will be solved as soon as possible.
    I actually like the idea of releasing the new version of the game as a new app, your game is the only one (as far as I know) that can stand aside with TBOI. Surely Isaac has a lot more content (it has a huge story on pc, as well as a huge amount of content). Except for the fact that your game is cheaper and is more fit for mobile controls.
    I really hope that this update will soon be passed and you will further ad more content to the game! But if you decide to rerelease it - count me in the number of those who will buy it!

Good luck!

2. sugimulm

sugimulm Well-Known Member

#362 sugimulm, Jul 11, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2018
    Looks Iike an update hit! Hope it’s the one that was in limbo

sebgo and Legion180 like this.
  3. Legion180

Jul 23, 2015
    Congrats, Devs! Congrats, everyone! The update is out! I’ll give some impressions later.

sebgo likes this.
  4. jpgold

jpgold Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2012
    Online Ad Sales - Pandora
    New York, NY
    Congrats! Was so excited to see that the update finally hit.

Is there a way to move the “action” button? It’s in a tight spot and really hard to activate.

5. JoakimFF

JoakimFF Well-Known Member

Apr 7, 2016
    Lead programmer at Skandivania Games
    Norway
    Apple did indeed push through the update over night, we are yet to receive any information as to what was the cause of the hold up. We are currently testing to make sure everything is working as intended and will hotfix any possible issues that might surface.

If you discover a bug please report it here or hit us up directly at [email protected]

There is currently no way of moving the action button, but we have a setting for this in an internal build and it shouldn't be long before it is live.

Rebolicas, Legion180 and nyanpass like this.
  6. nyanpass

nyanpass Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2017
    Long wait, finally! :)

7. jpgold

jpgold Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2012
    New York, NY

That’s awesome! Absolutely loving getting back into this game. There’s so much new content.

Congrats again as I cant imagine how frustrating it must have been.

8. decript

decript Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2010
    BC, Canada
    I couldn’t believe it when I saw the post here that the update hit. Glad it finally went through. You guys must be thrilled (and annoyed with apple).

I downloaded the game again and moved my old save back. So far I haven’t noticed any issues apart from the fact that the switch weapons and reload buttons show up and work, but I also perform a roll at the same time which is problematic.
    I redownloaded the game for a fresh start and noticed you got rid of the dedicated switch and reload buttons for this tiny button in the bottom right corner that I have to tap and drag very precisely to do these same actions.

Before I sink my teeth into the new content, do you plan to bring the buttons back? There aren’t any buttons to begin with so it can’t be because of button clutter.

Also, any known issues with using an old save? I’d like to keep my upgrades and money, but I would be willing to start a new game too because it’s so good and there’s new content :)

9. JoakimFF

Apr 7, 2016
    Norway

We plan to introduce the old swipe controls as soon as possible but can not promise any date as it need to be tested thoroughly and there is always the chance we get stuck in processing again...

Using an old save is not recommended as it might not be compatible. When that is said it shouldn't cause any major issues apart from upgrades not being transferred properly between versions.

The Gamecenter seems to be acting up and not showing scores, this is something we are looking at and intend to remedy as swiftly as possible.

10. jpgold

jpgold Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2012
    New York, NY
    Been playing a lot and not sure if these are bugs, but wanted to let you know (I’m on iPhone X 11.4.

- TNT and Reload not working
    - Bought the “cracks” upgrade and when I see Cracks and shoot the wall, nothing happens
    - Bought the “key” upgrade but doesn’t unlock the “key doors”
    - Action button doesn’t always respond
    - Bought “Talisman” upgrade....was that supposed to unlock a playable character?

11. JoakimFF

Apr 7, 2016
    Norway
    -TNT / Reload not working is definitely a bug though we are yet to replicate it on our end.
    - Cracks are now opened with TNT not by shooting
    - A golden key only opens one door with a key hole, that stays open permanently in all future runs.
    - Action button not responding is of course another bug we will have to look at.
    - You need to collect 4 talismans and place them at the correct location in order to unlock the playable character.

Thank you for letting us know about the issues!

Legion180 likes this.
  12. jpgold

jpgold Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2012
    New York, NY
    Awesome thanks...::and can’t wait!

13. Legion180

Jul 23, 2015
    Okay, so I’ve played this gem so far since the update. And I love it. Mostly. My biggest problem in the game is the fact that the hero enters a room waaaaaay to far from the door. That leads to situations when I stand almost on the spike trap or (like in my last played run) I enter a room and die from that pattern-moving blade because the hero came out of the door too far out. Also there are situations when you roll by a door and the hero still goes into the door. That can often be frustrating. Very frustrating.
    Another thing I would like to see is a mini-description of items during the run. Perhaps in such a way that there would be a small text above it.
    And one more thing. Please add an option to manage the controls. I would really like to have 3 fixed buttons and the shooting button instead of a buggy action button. I think that it would be great if players could decide where their control buttons will be and how many of them there would be.
    Besides that I don’t see anything else, the update is great. And something tells me that this update is a base for something bigger (hope I’m right). The devs did a great job.

14. JoakimFF

Apr 7, 2016
    Norway
    Glad to hear you like the new content and we will see if we can improve how door transitions are handled. A patch has just been sent for review, and if everything goes as planned should be live in a day or two. the patch fixes a bunch of minor issues as well as improving how action controls are working. Separate buttons will be added but will have to wait a little longer until we have it working properly on all devices.

Legion180 likes this.
  15. Legion180

Jul 23, 2015
    Glad to see such fast response. And it just amazing (hello, Tim Cook) that you try to patch up the game as soon as you can. Can’t imagine how much work it takes.
    Looking forward to future updates. Meanwhile, I have waaaay tooooo much to unlock in the game) I’m off)

16. JoakimFF

Apr 7, 2016
    Norway
    Patch 1.0.9 passed review without issues and is now live.

-Improved action swipe controls, (buttons are yet to come)
    -Improved wall collisions, no more unintentional rolling in random directions when colliding.
    -Adjusted room transitions, no more entering a room on top a spike trap or mine.
    -Several minor bug fixes and issues have been resolved.

Not the most exiting update but should improve the overall experience.

17. Rebolicas

Rebolicas New Member

Jun 18, 2016
    #377 Rebolicas, Jul 21, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2018
    Hi Joakim, i think there is a bug with movement control: panda always walks to right everytime u touch the movement control without moving your finger

18. JoakimFF

Apr 7, 2016
    Norway
    Hi we have not seen this behavior on our end, what device are you running on. also do you have any bluetooth device connected at the same time as playing? in such case could you try turning that of and see if it fixes the issue?

19. Rebolicas

Rebolicas New Member

Jun 18, 2016
    I have an Ipad Air 1. Turn off bluetooth doesnt works to me. Thank you guys for your fast response

20. nyanpass

nyanpass Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2017