Universal Feral Fury (by Skandivania Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by JoakimFF, Oct 5, 2016.

1. Emeritus-III

Emeritus-III Active Member

Oct 22, 2016
    Is this the fatal error that crashes the game?

2. JoakimFF

JoakimFF Well-Known Member

Apr 7, 2016
    Lead programmer at Skandivania Games
    Norway
    indeed :)

3. Emeritus-III

Oct 22, 2016
    Works like a charm now #

Haha, Love the new skin update on the farmer helmet ##

4. Repulsa

Repulsa Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2015
    This is my first fast paced roguelike game although I am a huge fan of the old school turn based roguelike. I am really starting to get the hang of it, it's great fun and very addictive :)

5. dan_thompson

dan_thompson Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2016
    Honestly this is a perfect game. I'm not particularly good at it so I'm especially impressed that it still feels so fresh and enjoyable after revisiting the same first section repeatedly. There is plenty of content here and everything (gameplay, sound, art) works so well together.

My only minor gripe would be that sometimes my character will run off in a weird direction as the movement control seems to reset when changing rooms, but it's manageable.

My only feature request would be an alternate control option where I tap the guns to change weapon and an right-upper-mid button to roll. The controls in this game are really good for it's type on a touch device but being clumsy as I am I often do things I don't intend to and I feel like these buttons would help me out.

Thanks for a great game!

6. sinagog

sinagog Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2014
    I agree. I like the swipe controls in theory, but it almost always takes a couple of tries to switch weapons, which is especially trying in a game like this that requires quick reactions. Killer game, nevertheless.

7. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    I always thought Wayward Souls was one of the best games on iOS. Then a couple totally different games i almost skipped that share some elements from Wayward Souls happened, and im glad i did, coz those games became favorites for 2016 too... Time will tell if they belong in my all-time list, but right now, it's looking pretty good.

Of those two, Feral Fury is one of them. :)

8. Emeritus-III

Oct 22, 2016
    Got a respectable 2nd place in the daily with 88k. Too bad I got a "lose blue orbs on hit" curse #

9. €¥€

€¥€ Member

Mar 3, 2015
    Oh farts, I guess I just missed the sale?

10. dan_thompson

Nov 3, 2016
    #190 dan_thompson, Nov 13, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2016
    I don't know if this is the same error but the game still crashes when I try enter the second (300) teleport in the first stage key room. It crashed half a dozen times but worked fine later on when I came back to the game

11. skylined87

skylined87 Well-Known Member

Nov 9, 2014
    Tried to start a run with a weapon and helmet bought and equipped, ended up getting the fatal error in action number 1 error that crashes the game every time.

12. Mr. Charley

Mr. Charley Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2008
    How come the description indicates cloud saves but nothing seems to be syncing?
    What does it actually save then?

13. €¥€

€¥€ Member

Mar 3, 2015
    Me too.

But overall I really like this game so far.

14. JoakimFF

Apr 7, 2016
    Norway
    #194 JoakimFF, Nov 14, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2016
    This is not the same error, but we are aware of its existence and have patched it in the internal build, an update should go live in 2 - 3 days depending on Apples review time.

This is also something that will be fixed in the next update, We are really sorry for the inconvenience and are doing all we can to get the update out ASAP.

Feral Fury do not use iCloud, But instead saves are stored on our own servers that run on the Google server farm.

Things that are saved include upgrades and progression like unlocked secret doors and modes.

15. JoakimFF

Apr 7, 2016
    Norway

1. Yes but what and when is yet to be determined

2. Yes We hope to include a new endless mode in the next update

3. Compendium is on the to do list, when it will be released is still TBA.

4. This is something that has been haunting us for some time now, fortunately it seems we finally have a solution and it will be remedied in the next update.

5. All hidden rooms have a small crack in them, you can also find different items that will make them easier to spot.

6. You don't actually need to touch the orb. as soon as its locked on and circling you get the orbs.

7. We have had no reports of this happening up until now so its something we will have to investigate, its nothing that should happen out of the blue.

I hope this answers at least some of your questions even if I was a bit vague. :)

16. JoakimFF

Apr 7, 2016
    Norway
    Update 1.0.4

[​IMG]

Update 1.0.4 is live

- Improved touch controls on all Supported iPhone's no more wonky movement when switching rooms.
    - New Endless Mode
    - Endless Mode daily/monthly/all time leaderboard
    - Misc bug fixes including the loadout armor helmet crash and teleport crash.

On a side note we would be super grateful if you guys would consider rating the game on the app store if you haven't done so already :)

17. dan_thompson

Nov 3, 2016
    Rated and reviewed for your 5 star pleasure!

On a side note of my own, during the previous update I could use the teleport room to get to boss #2 quickly although I'm pretty sure I never legitimately got past 2-3 before I could do that. Might be worth checking out if this is a bug and not just a glitch of my rogue-like memory?

When I died in 3-3 I couldn't teleport to boss #3 though so I don't know.

18. esty8nine

esty8nine Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2013
    Endless mode already ?!?! You guys rock !! Can't wait to tear this up

19. decript

decript Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2010
    BC, Canada
    #199 decript, Nov 16, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2016
    Hey Joakim, thanks for the reply!

Awesome update. And I love the professor farnsworth image.

Your tip about the little crack in wall has helped greatly. I now always spot it! Also I noticed that there's no bullet decal effect when shooting a cracked wall so that helps too.

I would love some way to tell what some items are, even if their name is displayed for a clue. I've been screenshotting every new item I encounter along with it's name and function so I can refer to it whether something is worth buying or trading.

Forget my last point. It dawned on me what it was. I always use the injection room and never realised the cost of the upgraded stats was loosing a health bar. Assuming that's how it works, then no bug here. Sorry for the flase alarm.

Keep up the good work!

20. esty8nine

esty8nine Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2013
    Got 14k in endless got to floor 10. Went through it all with only a pistol.... Was I REALLY unlucky or is there only pistols in endless ?