Universal Felix The Reaper - Puzzle To Make Mortals Die

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by esbenravn, Jan 9, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. revok

revok Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2009
    UK
    This looks good any idea when this will be released?

2. davidevil

davidevil Active Member

Sep 4, 2013
    Would love to test your game. Looks amazing!
    TestFlight: [email protected]

3. esbenravn

esbenravn Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2013
    Game Producer
    Aarhus, Denmark.
    Thanks a lot, David, I'll just send you a dm with a link right here.

4. broopa

broopa Well-Known Member

Jul 2, 2009
    Loving the touch screen controls so far. Took me a couple levels to adjust but they just work perfectly.

5. esbenravn

Oct 15, 2013
    Game Producer
    Aarhus, Denmark.
    Thank you, we are still working a bit on them, so any input is valuable. What was the hardest to adjust to? And could it be remedied?

6. broopa

broopa Well-Known Member

Jul 2, 2009
    Panning tales me a second to get adjust to every time I play. If there was a way to invert controls that would be helpful. Also placing objects can be a little tricky sometimes on the smaller screen. Not much you can really do about that, unless you can implement like a swipe forward function instead of the click and drag.

esbenravn likes this.
  7. Bugaozinho

Bugaozinho New Member

Sep 2, 2017
    I I would like to test Felix. Thanks

8. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Only just seen this but it sounds interesting and looks good. Are you testing on iOS? The last one I seen said in pc you were testing.

9. macplash

macplash Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    Oh, they're testing on iOS alright and it's freaking amazing! If there are any spots left, you should definitely join. You're in for a treat my friend. This is one of a kind quality puzzler coming to iOS. Read my feedback on a previous page. I can't recommend this enough. Such a beauty!

esbenravn and ste86uk like this.
  10. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    Glad to hear how much your enjoying it, your opinion is always good to hear as you like some amazing games and don’t seem afraid to comment if something isn’t up to par.

Well if you still have space after that reply how could I not ask to be added it’s [email protected] if you do have a spot left.

esbenravn and macplash like this.
  11. esbenravn

Oct 15, 2013
    Game Producer
    Aarhus, Denmark.
    Sure, thank you. Dm coming up.

ste86uk likes this.
  12. esbenravn

Oct 15, 2013
    Game Producer
    Aarhus, Denmark.
    Wuhu!

macplash likes this.
  13. esbenravn

Oct 15, 2013
    Game Producer
    Aarhus, Denmark.
    Thank you! We are looking to ad additional cam controls by allowing you to also just drag a finger to rotate the cam. AND we are pushing out the ghost from under the finger some more, so that it is better visible, when you drag and drop. Hope that helps.

Will look at if we have the ressources to ad custom sensitivity on cam controls and reversed cam controls.

14. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    Thank you, downloading now and looking forward to checking it out.

15. macplash

macplash Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    I hope there’s gonna be a way to decrease the sensitivity even if there are just fixed options like slow, normal and fast. Fully functional slider would be great but unnecessary. It’s just, for me atm it’s crazy fast.

Dunno about reversed controls. I’m one of those weird ones who plays with inverted Y-axis for 25 years since the first FPS with keyboard and mouse was introduced (fyi: Terminator Future Shock, 1995) due to the fact joysticks were a standard back then and flying-simulator-like controls was considered as normal. Anyway, since there’s no looking up and down in Felix the Reaper, what inverted controls are you talking about? Cause for me the control scheme is perfect as it is now. Two fingers for pitch to zoom and moving around. One finger as a center of the circle while second finger moves to the sides. Intuitive, smooth and elegant. Adding an option to drag a finger to move the camera seems pointless. It’s already there while moving the sun by holding a button down anyway, isn’t it?

esbenravn likes this.
  16. esbenravn

Oct 15, 2013
    Game Producer
    Aarhus, Denmark.
    It seems we get a certain amount of requests for the optional drag to rotate cam feature, and if we can get it in there as an option, without disrupting what's there already the more the merrier, I guess. Regarding inverse cam controls, testers are also asking for it, and if we can give them the option, then the thinking is the same as above.

Regarding sensitivity, maybe we should lower it no matter what, even if we don't get around to a customizable feature.

Thanks for all this great feedback for sure!!!

17. revok

revok Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2009
    UK
    Controls took me a little bit to get used to but don’t have an issue now though. Loving the game and style. Glad there is a hint button or I would stil be stuck on first assignment as it took me a bit longer to get my head round the way the game works not a bad thing because makes the game more challenging. Love the humour in the game and the main character Felix and his dancing is hilarious. I think the game is pretty much solid as it is.

18. esbenravn

Oct 15, 2013
    Game Producer
    Aarhus, Denmark.
    Thank you so much, very happy, you feel this way. We are tweaking the controls now, and you will receive an update on the build you have, those of you who are testing with the upgrade within the coming days.

If you get around to trying it out, let me know, if it addressed the issue in a meaningful way to any degree.

19. esbenravn

Oct 15, 2013
    Game Producer
    Aarhus, Denmark.
    No, sorry, not yet, I hope as soon as possible, but I really hope it's not gonna be too long, but there's a lot of different interests that needs to be aligned, so it's still hard to foresee.