Universal Felix The Reaper - Puzzle To Make Mortals Die

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by esbenravn, Jan 9, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. esbenravn

esbenravn Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2013
    Game Producer
    Aarhus, Denmark.
    #1 esbenravn, Jan 9, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2020

[​IMG]

Felix The Reaper
    Releases on iPad and iPhone in an improved version within a few month.

We add three additional game mechanics and many entirely re-designed levels in comparison to the game, that has been out on PC, Mac and consoles since October.

Will follow up to this post in this thread with

• Beta test signup
    • Behind the scene stuff
    • And gifs of the new mechanics, we are adding
    ___

[​IMG]

Felix The Reaper is a strict shadow puzzle game in which you traverse a grid based map in an almost turn based manner.

Your target is to build up death scenarios and eventually execute that specific lifetime account.

ONLY USE TILES COVERED IN SHADOW:
    [​IMG]

Manipulate and create new shadows:
    [​IMG]

Build up and solve adventure plots, that makes mortals die:

[​IMG]
    ___

[​IMG]

• Challenging liniar single-player puzzle game.
    • Take on the job as a Reaper and make sure Mortals die.
    • Enjoy a framing narrative of dangerous love and peculiar characters.
    • Try the sun dial, the remote wagons, teleports, blocking doors, shadow lamps and more.
    • Dance along with Felix to an original soundtrack from 10+ indie music artists.
    • Experience Felix idle and transport animations developed by real dancers.
    • Hunt achievements if you are into that.
    • Unlock time trials and hardcore levels with collectables for even more extra challenges.
    STAY TUNED FOR MORE IN THIS THREAD IN THE COMING WEAKS, INCLUDING BETA TEST SIGNUP

ste86uk likes this.
  2. macplash

macplash Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    I love what I see! Just bought it on Steam while on sale (just purely based on this thread) even though I prefer playing on mobile in general. I’m looking forward to your promised behind the scene stuff and new mechanics. And definitely count me in for upcoming beta, whenever that is.;)

esbenravn likes this.
  3. esbenravn

Oct 15, 2013
    Game Producer
    Aarhus, Denmark.
    That is just very kind, thank you!!!

If you get around to play your Steam copy, the iOS version will start to differentiate itself from chapter 2 and onwards, just in case, you are curious.

Makara Nou likes this.
  4. MetaGonzo

MetaGonzo Well-Known Member

May 7, 2009
    Ooh lovely! Great game; really looking forward to seeing the iOS changes.

Exciting stuff!

esbenravn likes this.
  5. esbenravn

Oct 15, 2013
    Game Producer
    Aarhus, Denmark.
    Thank you so much, we are having a blast adding the new mechanics and doing new level designs, looking so much forward to showing more of it here as soon as it looks a little better visually.

MetaGonzo likes this.
  6. That looks interesting

esbenravn likes this.
  7. macplash

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    I might give the Steam version a try even though I bought it mostly for supporting the development of iOS version, not to actually playing it on PC per se. I generally prefer touch controls and more casual approach to games. I collected hundreds of titles on my Steam account over the years but barely played any, especially for the last decade. Being in my mid 40s my priorities changed, so I might easily wait for this game to be released on iOS and just fully enjoy it then. Although it’d be interesting to be able to compare the experiences on both platforms... Well, I’ll think about it.;)

Makara Nou and esbenravn like this.
  8. esbenravn

Oct 15, 2013
    Game Producer
    Aarhus, Denmark.
    Cool, approach, this one! Really appreciate, that you supported us in this way. Thank you, and tbh. it does play really well on touch.

9. dreadnok

dreadnok Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2011
    I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum I'm ou
    The mechanics of the game looks really cool I’m excited to see how it plays on iOS

esbenravn likes this.
  10. esbenravn

Oct 15, 2013
    Game Producer
    Aarhus, Denmark.
    Thank you! Actually we initially developed it for iOS, then we got some funding that moved it to PC and consoles first, so getting it ready for iOS feels a bit like bringing it home. And it does feel good!

11. zorilla

zorilla Active Member

Dec 8, 2017
    Liked it from (almost) the very beginning. I hope you will success a lot!

esbenravn likes this.
  12. broopa

broopa Well-Known Member

Jul 2, 2009
    Bought this on steam and I can't wait to play it again on iOS. Especially knowing that there's some difference in the games.

esbenravn likes this.
  13. esbenravn

Oct 15, 2013
    Game Producer
    Aarhus, Denmark.
    The Existing Mechanics of Felix The Reaper
    A small post about the existing mechanics in the main campaign of Felix The Reaper

Will get back to you on the upcoming iOS additions to these mechanics in future posts.

NB! Don't forget we'll be doing beta sign ups in here, very soon...

THE BASICS

Turn The Sun:
    [​IMG]

Move stuff to create new shadows:

[​IMG]

THE 3 VARIATIONS

The Wagon:
    [​IMG]

The Teleporter:
    [​IMG]

The Flag:
    [​IMG]

THE SHADOW PREVIEWER
    [​IMG]

If you watched this far, please, let us know what you think of what you've seen of the package thus far.

J05H and macplash like this.
  14. esbenravn

Oct 15, 2013
    Game Producer
    Aarhus, Denmark.
    1st sneak peak of new mechanic for the iOS release of Felix The Reaper.

This is the pillar:
    [​IMG]

It moves up an down between the different sun positions, and you can stack stuff on it, that will go up with it.

What do you think of that addition?

J05H likes this.
  15. macplash

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    Love it! Love it! Love it!:)

esbenravn likes this.
  16. J05H

J05H Well-Known Member

Jun 29, 2017
    Looks good!

esbenravn likes this.
  17. esbenravn

Oct 15, 2013
    Game Producer
    Aarhus, Denmark.
    Want to test the new Felix The Reaper?

During the upcoming week, we'll test the new mechanics, initially on Mac and PC (Sorry, I know), but thought some of you might like to try anyway and tell us, what you think.

IF YOU WANT TO, THEN WRITE ME A PERSONAL MESSAGE HERE, PLEASE.

It's more or less a complete revamp of everything from Chapter two and onwards.

These are the untextured models for the three new mechanics we are adding:

The Shadow Light:
    [​IMG]

The Door:
    [​IMG]

The Up/Down Pillar:
    [​IMG]

18. esbenravn

Oct 15, 2013
    Game Producer
    Aarhus, Denmark.
    iOS test version ready, please dm me to get a link now.

Plato and broopa like this.
  19. macplash

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    This is (gonna be) a fantastic game! The humor is one of a kind, right up my alley. The presentation is top-notch. Visually it’s just stunning and I’m in awe of how beautiful everything looks and feels. Animations are great. Not just Felix dancing around, but every single thing. The wagon etc. Cutscenes are hilarious. Aside from being very professionally made, they’re great addition to already polished game mechanics. The UI is perfect as well.

Gameplay-wise, this is not an easy puzzler! Not at all. With my need to 3 star a level before moving to another, I need to really think what I’m doing. And the first run of each level is always just a test run to get familiar with it, to experiment. Than comes the main action, to meet the requirements for 3 starring the level. I really appreciate the goals are different. The variety is changing. Sometimes it’s a time limit, sometimes it’s a specific amount of moves etc. And on top of that, there’s a hard mode with no hints, no indications what to do etc. There’s just a ton of content to keep anyone interested for quite a while.

Since this is a TestFlight version, I already reported a bug via the form. On top of that I have a nitpick and a suggestion. As for the nitpick, I really like the introduction animations of logos and game title before getting to main screen with level selection and whatnot. But I’d like for the animation to stay a little bit longer on game’s title (the red one), because it disappears too quickly in comparison to previous screens. I can’t even read the full title - it’s gone that fast. For those inpatient ones there’s still an option to skip it and go right to selection screen anyway.

As for the suggestion, the camera movement is quite fast at the moment. Almost too fast borderline with disturbing. I’d like to have an option to set my own sensitivity. Right now I’m battling with very sensitive controls to adjust the angle exactly how I want. Lowering the sensitivity would be a great addition. Dunno how difficult it would be to implement this, so it’s just an idea.

I want to say I’m really glad I waited for iOS version and didn’t try the Steam one which is just sitting in my library. This game’s meant to be played on touch screen devices. It suits it well. It looks fantastic on Retina display. It’s responsive, smooth and just feels very natural. I can’t stress enough what a masterpiece we’re dealing with here. Bravo!

———————
    EDIT: oh, and I totally get it why Felix is in love. I mean, look at her. Who wouldn’t be?:)

Attached Files:

yankeeblue000 and esbenravn like this.
  20. esbenravn

Oct 15, 2013
    Game Producer
    Aarhus, Denmark.
    Wow, thank you, can't handle all that praise!!! Wow, wow, wow, (we'll be looking at the cam and logo animation.)