Feedly solves all your problems!

Discussion in 'Site Feedback and News' started by Dema9o9ue, Aug 1, 2018.

1. Dema9o9ue

Dema9o9ue Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jan 16, 2015
    Tired of dealing with the “new and improved” TA website? Tired of seeing ads? Miss having an app that notifies you when there is new content? Want a dark mode?

Just download Feedly then use the TA RSS link to get all the content you crave with none of the garbage you don’t.

Try it out. You’ll never go back.

2. Dema9o9ue

Patreon Silver

Jan 16, 2015
    Comparison screenshots so you can decide for yourselves.

Gorgeous design in dark mode in Feedly.
    [​IMG]

Huge ad in TA site.
    [​IMG]

Perfect image embedding in Feedly.
    [​IMG]

Perfect video embedding in Feedly.
    [​IMG]

Giant clunky buttons and super zoomed in “what am I looking at” pics on TA website.
    [​IMG]

Hepatitis and Online Diploma ads on TA website. (You don’t ever see these in Feedly)

[​IMG]

3. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    I like Feedly (well, actually, I use Newsify , which takes its RSS content from Feedly) and I appreciate that ads are usually annoying. But keep in mind that ads also help to pay for the content that you enjoy — not to mention the fact that Feedly doesn’t give you access to the TA Forums.

If people want to use an RSS reader with TA, I would suggest that when you find a story that interest you, go ahead and open it in the reader browser. That way you can shift some money TA’s way and avoid ads on things you are not interested in.

Or better yet, give on Patreon :).

4. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Believe me you aren't going to find anyone who is more frustrated by this situation than me.

5. Dema9o9ue

Patreon Silver

Jan 16, 2015
    The ads don’t really bother me. I post that because it seems to be a big bother to others and this is a solution.

I just really prefer the format of Feedly. It just looks so much nicer and works so much better than the website. Granted TA isn’t the only one I view through it. It’s great for other websites as well.

6. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Thanks bud, awesome thing to be pushing today. Really appreciate it.