Universal Fearless Fantasy (By tinyBuild LLC)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, May 14, 2015.

1. kopicha

kopicha Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2015
    IT
    Trying to help but no idea how can I. I tried launching the game open the option no lock up. Quit back to the main title screen start game pick a save file game load without any issue. Did you try closing all applications and doing a hard reboot using the power and home button?

2. Gamer1st

Gamer1st Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2013
    None. But I dream about being able to work again.
    USA
    That stuff is all common practice for game glitches and I did them.
    This info is up for the game devs.
    I've worked with others one on one if need be to snuff glitches with fixed versions and don't have a problem doing it again.
    They'll fix it and make Bloodangel and I, (and others I'm sure) happy gamers or I'll go the refund route. I've done that before as well.

3. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    Hmm, on second pass actually. If I start the game and then press the options wheel, I get no response on the screen. Music is still playing but that's about it. So can confirm that's a thing..

4. Robulous

Robulous Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2012
    #104 Robulous, Jul 6, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 6, 2015
    Having the same issue, as well. But, this worked fine last week. I haven't updated iOS or anything...

UPDATE:

I deleted it, reinstalled, immediately rebooted, opened the app, and chose the third save slot to start a new game and it's working fine. Not sure if the save slot option made a difference, but there ya go

5. Gamer1st

Gamer1st Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2013
    None. But I dream about being able to work again.
    USA
    Didn't make any difference for me.

6. Airpegy

Airpegy Member

Jul 11, 2015
    Fearless

Jimmyni biscuit i love that game

We need more level :)

7. number111

number111 Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2015
    Hey guys, the game sounds and look really cool
    Is it a good buy ? should i pay for this one ?

8. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Yup it's a fantastic game.

9. smiley_u

smiley_u Well-Known Member

Oct 4, 2013
    Achievement issues

Ok - this is in one word a spectacular game. First and foremost, it is fun to play. It has surprisingly basic but strategically deep RPG character development, even though in the end you pretty much get to have all the skills you want. It's also one of those games that would play best on touchscreen mobile.

If you are on the fence about buying it - and consider yourself even a remote fan of the RPG genre, just buy it. I basically played it non-stop until I finished the main campaign on hardest difficulty.

One major issue I have with the game are the achievements - they are cleverly named and designed, and present a true challenge for those who want to take the difficulty a bit further. But after putting in so much hard work some of them (the most difficult ones, too) do not register. For example "Rock Star" which asks you to collect all stars did not register when I completed the game (with all stars obviously). Or the "Iron Man" achievement which asks you to finish the game without dying or repeating a level also did not register when I completed the game for the second time doing so.

Looking at developer history they don't look like the type to update their games (none of their games had another update beyond first release) so I don't expect to get this addressed but I thought I bring it up anyway.

10. Dentorin

Dentorin Active Member

Nov 2, 2012
    For anyone thinking of picking it up while price reduced, this really is a fantastic game. It didn't grab me at first but the rhythm combat kept me interested long enough for the characters to become endearing. However, I ran into a problem very near the end where I could no longer load my save game. It would let me start a new game but whenever I tried to load my save, it would just hang with music playing. Haven't managed to find a way to fix it so I'll probably never get to see the end of this game.

11. noteatino

noteatino Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2014
    Now it's free, hoping that doesnt go free to play.

12. drmad

drmad Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2013
    Indonesia
    Maybe free because appstore weekly thing

13. Sash-O

Sash-O Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2015
    Germany
    I hope so, would be a shame.
    It's a great game, I love the art style!

14. Rocksaint

Rocksaint Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2013
    Got the game during the free promotion since wasn't sure about it at the time of release. Loving the game and now I regret not paying it and getting it earlier.

I have one problem though. The game keeps crashing after certain intervals of gameplay time which forces me to re-do certain things I had already completed. (like boss fights) This makes the game a bit frustrating but still I wanna keep going with it. It's that good.

Any idea if there's a workaround or a fix for this? - Device: iPhone 6 (FW 8.4)

15. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    So, I've beaten the game now, which I'm proud to say as I have a habit (like many) of 10 percent completion on many games, even good ones. So this one I had read was short so figured I had a better chance of completion.
    Anyway, I did all fights on easy only, as I was finding I just wanted to see the story through, and the fights as they were going were challenging enough anyway.
    Here's my thoughts:

The narration and art style is awesome. Really smart, simple, well done and nothing like anything I've seen before. Really thought it was great. Cliche story of course as they so often are and basically have to be.

The fight concepts of using touch sequences to achieve success in attacks and defense is not a bad Idea. But....for me, I didn't really take to it. On the one hand it kept me somewhat focused, but on the other it was so much so sometimes it was too repetitive and required too more concentration. I'm more about the stats and buffs and how to go about using them, then tapping fruit ninja sequences to land hits. However, some gamers will like this, so put that comment on the side table.

The stats were handled in a typical way. Allocated points after every battle or so, and you assign them to the fields for each character. However, what was super weird is that the level up stat allocation for the character special move abilities don't tell you what you actually Gainey levelling them up...what the?? Does it go 5% better, 500% better...or what? Weird. Suffice to sayi didn't really get very attached to the stats side. You can reset at any time, so not too much stress in making every point count.

The fights were sometimes somewhat strategic. But most of the time I just save my special move points for each character until the boss battle of the round...that seemed to work, since bosses are the deadliest so you want them gone quicker. The fights not being all that strategic got a little repetitive. Also each fight takes 20 to 45 minutes for the final ones, so it's quite a commitment. I can see players getting to the final ones, then getting like 43 minutes in and having a party wipeout and so off flies the iPad at the wall.

On that point I played on iPhone. Think it worked well because dexterity is involved in this one. So I'm thinking ipad would be more awkward.

The art for all characters and creatures was pretty cool and very imaginative.

It took me 8.5 hours to get through and that was basically trying to speed through, so there's still a fair bit to this. But for me...it got repetitive and I'm just glad to have gotten through it.

It wasn't a bad game, plenty going for it in the unique department. But I'm glad I'm finished, no desire to max anything. "One starring" all fights is fine by me and I've already deleted the game. That's more a reflection that I wanted to finish the game, it was ok while I was working through it, but I want space on my phone over keeping this installed.

A decent game, and good to have on iOS as I can see many digging this much more than I did.

16. demod1

demod1 Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2012
    #116 demod1, Dec 11, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2015
    I beat it on the first try dude. Try again. "Gamer Fail". LOL

17. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    You quoted a post he made back in May. :D

But yeah... He 1-starred a game he sucked at which is pretty silly. :)

18. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Moocow in general can be described as "pretty silly". >_>