Universal Fearless Fantasy (By tinyBuild LLC)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, May 14, 2015.

1. Zenity

Zenity Member

May 14, 2015
    Do you by any chance remember what screen you were on or when exactly you closed the app? I have tried a few things now which I suspected but so far I haven't been able to reproduce the issue. I could put some safety checks in and hope for the best, but of course it would be best to be able to verify that the issue is fixed before the next update.

2. curtisrshideler

curtisrshideler Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    I wish I could remember exactly. After trying to remember for a couple minutes, I think I was testing the app to find out if it would save mid-battle. So, I may have entered a battle (could have been chapter 4 maybe), and then quite the app, fully closed it, and reopened it to see if I would begin mid-battle where I left off. However, I wasn't, and might have started another battle to test it one or two more times. Then I think I tested to see if it would allow me to return to battles after opening other apps and returning to it while it was running in the background, which it did brilliantly. Hope that's a little more insightful.

3. Zenity

Zenity Member

May 14, 2015
    Hm, interesting. The game does actually save in-between battles, at least it brings you back to the wave you were on. So perhaps something went wrong with that feature.

I'll keep looking. If you ever have an idea how to reproduce it, you could try it out on an empty save slot. If you find it, that would be super helpful. :)

4. curtisrshideler

Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    Actually, I tried to start a new game in one of the other two save files, and after the graphics "Preparing Battle" it goes black with only the options and exit buttons available, and only the option button working. So, just in case it's my specific download of the app or my specific phone, I think I'm going to delete and reinstall to see if I can recreate it for you. Don't want you guys to be burdened over just me or my device, you know. I'll report back!

5. curtisrshideler

Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    Alright, I'm unable to get past the black screen. After it says "Preparing Battle" the screen goes black like I described before, and instead of the game screen fading up, it just stays black. It also freezes on me when I select options now. I've deleted, reinstalled, shut off my phone and turned it back on, and I've tried to start a new game altogether. I'm at a loss. No idea what I did to make it stop working, but if I'm the isolated case, don't worry too much. If I can figure out anything more, I'll let you guys know! Thanks ;)

6. redribbon

redribbon Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2010
    entepreanur,programmer
  7. Tulki

Tulki Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2014
    Does this have any kind of save syncing? iCloud support?

8. Just occurred to me that this was a PC game first and I can't wrap my head around that. It must be a completely different game?

9. tinyBuild

tinyBuild Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2011
    We first released on PC and it controls with the mouse. Obviously the better control method is a touch screen :)

10. Qwertz555

Qwertz555 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2010
    Great TA review for a great game!

Though, honestly, i'm pretty much speechless after reporting back several times about not having a screen orientation...still!

11. curtisrshideler

Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    Well, backed up my save, deleted the app, reset my phone a few times, reinstalled it a couple times, put my save file back in there, and I can now see the chapters again! I'm about to dive back in. It's been fun trouble shooting today, but it's going to be more fun playing again! However, my save has me at 4 stars instead of the 5 I had previously. Weird, but looking forward to tackling chapter 2 again on normal to see if I can recreate my earlier problem. I'll let you know!

Thanks again for being so active and reaching out to all of us today. It's been nice. I'm hoping Apple highlights this one!

12. curtisrshideler

Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    Very weird, but in my photo of the chapters not there it says my total time is over 6 hours. But I had only played over an hour, as seen in my other photo. Now that I've got it running again, it displays my actual time, which is now over 2 hours. Wonder if my phone kept counting time even when it was minimized and that led to the error? Just throwing things out there.

Anyway, finally beat the first boss and had a blast. Loved the way he died. ;)

13. Zenity

Zenity Member

May 14, 2015
    That timer actually says 6 minutes. :) It only counts the passive clock time during battles, the purpose is to give you a realistic measurement of your performance for speed runs etc. It can be a bit confusing, but I do think it's more useful than just the time you've been playing. :)

I'm glad it's working for you now! Although this means that the bug has now been upgraded to an X-File...

14. tinyBuild

tinyBuild Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2011
    yeah, unfortunately you do, this is the only way we could set it up with at least some verification in place

15. Lavender

Lavender Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2013
    United States
    #55 Lavender, May 15, 2015
    Last edited: May 15, 2015
    i beta tested this one and I loved it!

The graphics are very nice. There are fun cut scenes with a lot of humor. The main hero is a little full of himself! LOL
    Throughout the game you earn skill points and upgrades.
    There is very creative game play here. It is turn based. You end up fighting with more then one hero. But, it is not like those RPG's where you have to decide each time which hero to use for which adventure, spell or skill. (Personally, having to switch characters I've invested in, all the time, sometimes confuses me or forces me to make decisions I don't feel like making when I am trying to relax. LOL)
    To play, the game determines which character you use next. You select the monster and the weapon you want to use. Then, there is a shape or two that appears that you have to match or run your finger across in time. Depending on how perfect you are, or not, you hit or miss the enemy. When it is the enemies time to hit you, the arrows or circles, etc.... show up again and it is up to you to do it right, or they get you! (smile) For example. There is a solid circle with a larger outline of a circle around it that gets smaller and closes in on the solid circle. You need to tap the circles as soon as the outline matches or touches them. These little skill based puzzles can get faster and faster, which means you won't always win.
    I really like that the stats are available when you tap a monster.
    Overall, Fearless Fantasy is a fun and creative turn based gamed that needs a little bit of your skill and provides a bit of humor.

16. slamraman

slamraman Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

Aug 27, 2011
    no probs - not big into facebook but some of your steam games look okay. Might get my boy to do it instead of me. Bought this on the strength of the PG review as I bought H&C2 and really didn't like it at all (and thought I'd best not mention it as everyone seemed to be gushing) but when the PG review was almost as if I'd written it and this got a Gold then BOOM!! Weekend spare time sorted.

17. curtisrshideler

Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    Got the visual annomoly again, after not playing it over night. Just hard reset the phone again and this time that alone worked.

Just curious, would it be possible to have the screen auto rotate when we flip the phone? Not necessary, but helpful when plugged in or using headphones.

18. Anotherkellydown

Anotherkellydown Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Bronze

#58 Anotherkellydown, May 15, 2015
    Last edited: May 15, 2015
    Picked this up last night but haven't had a chance to play it yet. I chose this over H&C2 because it seemed more laid back and I like the timed swiping and tapping during combat.

Thanks for the videos, guys. Looking forward to booting this up tonight and playing through the weekend.

That offer for free steam games is tempting, but I've never used steam as I'm not a PC gamer. I might look into starting though. Does it require a paid subscription?

19. curtisrshideler

Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    No, Steam is like a virtual console or platform to play many games through. You do need to download the platform, create an account, etc. I think I've linked mine to PayPal, and it only uses money when you literally buy games. And it works on both PC/Mac, so if you buy a game that has either/or, you can literally play it on any computer running Windows or Apple's OS.

20. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    Wow you are missing out on H&C 2!