Universal Fearless Fantasy (By tinyBuild LLC)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, May 14, 2015.

1. Alex Wolf

Alex Wolf Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2010
    Bought! Love the looking of it and never tried this sort of game but from the vids i can tell inwill not regret buying this

2. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Oh yeah, this is just wonderful to play. It's so weird and so natural on a touchscreen. It also takes up absolutely no space (less than 350 MBs), contains no IAPs and is highly, highly recommended. Easily my Game of the Week.

3. RinoaHeartily

RinoaHeartily Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2010
    I am having difficulty playing this game.. First battle and it took 10 mins and I died on the last boss... Isn't this game similar to the square soft game tweeny or something

4. Happened to me, too. Some of the sequences were too fast, especially if I hadn't seen them before, so I had a few fails. But you do get some XP and gold despite dying. I leveled up and got a healing special ability, so I was able to beat them on the second try.

5. Roleki

Roleki Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2012
    How about the audio?

6. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany

That's a nice offer and quite appreciated, I assume.
    I was buying this game anyway. :)

7. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    Same here lol. I am coming back for more though dont worry about that!

8. curtisrshideler

curtisrshideler Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    Awesome! Thanks so much. Grabbing my MacBook as we speak. Hoping it's PC and Mac.

9. NOEN

NOEN Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2012
    U.S.
    Man! I am missing out on a lot of good games by not being a PC gamer. I've never heard of this one either, but buying it now.

I think I'm gonna go over to the DarkSide and start up a Steam account. I'm missing WAY too much!

10. curtisrshideler

Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    Haha. Yeah, since I've made the switch to full Mac (for work), I've missed out on a lot of games only for PC. I'd grab this on Steam, but it's not for Mac yet.

11. curtisrshideler

Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    Anyone else experience not being able to see your chapters on the map screen? After putting some good time into this yesterday, I'd hate to lose my save file.

Attached Files:

12. tinyBuild

tinyBuild Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2011
    Being an Apple fanboy myself I use a MacBook as my main machine, so the native Mac games we have are:

- Lovely Planet @ http://store.steampowered.com/app/298600/
    - Not the Robots @ http://store.steampowered.com/app/257120/
    - Spoiler Alert @ http://store.steampowered.com/app/283230/
    - No Time To Explain @ http://store.steampowered.com/app/227280/

Our most popular game right now is SpeedRunners, and it runs very well in a virtual machine. Details @ http://store.steampowered.com/app/207140/

13. tinyBuild

tinyBuild Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2011
    Nobody reported this during TestFlight, but after we went live I think this is the 3rd report. *starts to run around screaming*

Can you please specify your device & OS ?

14. Zenity

Zenity Member

May 14, 2015
    Hi, dev here. This should be a visual glitch only, does it persist if you go back to the main menu and re-load your save game? Failing that, could you show me a screenshot of your save slots? Also closing the game completely (from the task switcher) would be worth a try.

I fixed a similar issue shortly before release, but it looks like there is another condition under which this bug can appear. I just need to find out now when this happens before I can fix it. If you have any idea what you did before this happened, that would be really helpful! :)

15. ironsam80

ironsam80 Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2010
    Welcome to the devs!!!
    Just for your statistics the game runs fluently on iPad Air latest ios. 2 hours in game without any issues.
    On side note (not so side) BRILLIANT game!!! Suck me totally battle after battle with the fantastic..... everything!!!! Awesome work!!! Well done with PG Gold... totally worth it http://www.pocketgamer.co.uk/r/iPad/Fearless+Fantasy/review.asp?c=65366

16. curtisrshideler

Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    Sure thing!

iPhone 5s
    iOS 7.0.6

I'm excited to dive back in, but I'm not in any rush. Just hope this helps!

17. curtisrshideler

Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    Yeah, I exited the save file, exited the app many times, fully closed it, fully powered iphone down, rebooted, etc.

If I remember right, I beat the first three chapters on easy, then went back and beat the first two chapters on normal. That is how I got the 5 stars. Pretty sure I just closed the app and exited after beating chapter two on normal.

Hope that helps!

On another note, though, really fun battle system and game. Love the way it looks and plays! So, thank you for bringing it to us.

Attached Files:

18. slamraman

slamraman Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

Aug 27, 2011
    downloaded - for the offer of free game on Steam do I have to have a facebook account? Don't really want to set one up is all.

19. Zenity

Zenity Member

May 14, 2015
    So you only noticed this problem after you came back to the game and wanted to load your save game? It sounds like this is how it happened for all so far, so this should narrow it down quite a bit already, thanks!

Seeing your save slot, the fact that it says "Monster Hunters" means that the save slot still has the correct information about your unlocked levels. So I can ensure you that this is only a visual glitch and I will fix this ASAP. Still sucks of course, sorry about that!

20. curtisrshideler

Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    Awesome! Glad to hear it's not going to be a hard fix for you guys. Yeah, I was pulled into the game yesterday, but had to put it down to... work. So, last night after a long day in front of many screens, I tried to open Fearless Fantasy again, and that's when the chapters didn't show up. Maybe it just got mad that I ignored it for so long! ;) I'll try not to going forward.