Favorite Superhero / Supervillain

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Myqpalzm, Jul 13, 2015.

1. Myqpalzm

Myqpalzm Well-Known Member

Jun 17, 2014
    Pamulang, Indonesia
    #1 Myqpalzm, Jul 13, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2015
    Post your favorite powered character! Choose either hero or villain (both allowed). It can be from a TV series, comic book, novel, etc. If possible, tell us their looks, power, personality and history/achievements, and why you chose the hero/villain as your favorite. Image attachment is optional.

My favorite character is called Prodigal (from the Heroes Rise trilogy, a CYOA interactive novel, available on iOS, Android and browser). She is a lunatic supervillain (and also a world class gymnast and fighter) that has a power capable of generating any wartime technology out of thin air, from oversized plasma guns and chicken-shaped EMP bombs, to anti-surveillance gadgets and teleportation devices. She has a long brown hair and wears a kevlar bodysuit with a red stripe from her suit across her face.

Prodigal's backstory is suprisingly tragic. Her mother is also a lunatic supervillain called Miss Artillery, with the same power as Prodigal. Young Prodigal was raised in an isolated bunker with her mother. One day, a famous and legendary hero couple, The Sound and The Fury, confronted their archenemy Miss Artillery on an assassin school. The Sound and The Fury planned to arrest her, but accidently killed Miss Artillery. The hero couple then went on a trial and was arrested and must live in the most dangerous prison for powered criminals, without any chance to say goodbye to their one and only child. Without knowing her mother's death, young Prodigal continued her life in the isolated bunker alone, slowly leading her to insanity. After years of loneliness, the now-adult Prodigal ventured into the real world and live a harsh life as a criminal and weapon dealer. At one point during this time, Prodigal found the information regarding her mother's death and her killers. At this point also, Prodigal finally have a purpose for her life, and that is to have revenge for her mother's death. After this, Prodigal spent years stalking The Sound and The Fury's child and planning for her biggest plot of all.

2. Based Xatu

Based Xatu Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2013
    #2 Based Xatu, Jul 13, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2015
    Hero: Deathstroke

[​IMG]

Reason: he's an amazing strategist, fighter, and he's not entirely a villain. He has a code of morals and a great backstory. Plus, he looks awesome.

Villain: Yoshikage Kira

[​IMG]

Reason: He's not really a maniacal villain, he just wants a peaceful life. Has a fetish for hands and collecting nail clippings. Essentially functions as Light Yagami but uses a stand and doesn't want to be a god. Has a love for exploding women and then dating their hands. If you're into rock music, his stand is named killer QUEEN and all of his attacks are references to the band's music.

3. Teknikal

Teknikal Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2010
    Male
    Belfast N Ireland
    Not really into comic books or anything but I did like the character Sylar from Heroes (At least the first season) which I'm actually thinking about re watching now the sequel Heroes Reborn is on the Horizon.

4. Anonomation

Anonomation 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Hero: SPIDER-MAN

VILLAIN: THE JOKER

5. freakernet

freakernet Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2015
    MODOK - How can you not love a villain whose name is an acronym for Mental Organism Designed Only for Killing? One of the more bizarre looking characters in the Marvel Universe (and that's saying something), AIM technician George Tarleton found himself transformed into a living computer by the group he worked for--with a giant, mutated head, and the need to be fitted into a hover-chair in order to stay mobile.

Cyclops - Cyclops was the first of Xavier's X-Men, and their field leader from the beginning. Cyclops hasn't always been able to boast a fanbase to rival the likes of Wolverine -- mostly because of his grim, humorless personality.

6. addictor

addictor Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2015
    Hero: BAT-MAN

Batman is the besr comic EVER

7. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Daredevil - my favorite superhero since i was in high school. Some of the best stories i have read involves this guy.

Magneto - i really love anti-hero characters, and Magneto's of the special kind. Sure he hates humanity, but he will do everything for his kind, even if ruling them is a part of it. :D

8. september

september Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2012
    Not really typical heroes and villains but two of Alan Moore's earlier UK works fit my current mood

Villian(s) - D.R. & Quinch - Social delinquency at its best, we now know how the dinosaurs became extinct
    Hero - Halo Jones - Simply because she wanted out, a pity the series never resolved before he was offered the bigger money in the US

9. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
    My father is my hero.

10. Coldar

Coldar Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2008
    Upstate NY/USA
    #10 Coldar, Jul 17, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2015
    Hero: Popeye :D
    Not to say he was a superhero but he did get extra super strong after eating a can of spinach.;)
    Villain: Brutus
    Constantly after Popeye's girlfriend Olive Oil who's always yelling in a squeaky voice: "Popeye!! Heeelp!! Heeelp!! Popeye!!"

11. Based Xatu

Based Xatu Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2013
    I love popeye ❤️

12. braindamaged23

braindamaged23 Active Member

Jul 8, 2015
    Hero: SPIDER-MAN

13. Anonomation

Anonomation 👮 Spam Police 🚓

:)