Favorite Ranger or Archer RPG games

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Tutt22, Sep 8, 2012.

1. Tutt22

Tutt22 Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2010
    Hey everyone.

When I play RPGs on the PC, I always go with a ranger class, or at the very least, an archer. It's always my default class, as I get a real kick out of doing damage from distance.

It seems on the iOS, I don't always seem to have as much fun playing the ranger classes. I can't really pin down why, but I was thinking that maybe it was because I just hadn't played the right games. Or possibly, the class may seem underpowered in the early levels in some games and I didn't give them a chance to develop.

So my question is, which iOS rpg games did you have the most fun with using a ranger or archer class?

2. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Pocket RPG... tried it?

3. GeekyDad

GeekyDad Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2012
    Games Journalist
    QFT Great, little Diablo lite. And to me, the archer was the only truly playable class.

4. Tutt22

Tutt22 Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2010
    Thanks! I'll give that one a shot!

5. Tutt22

Tutt22 Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2010
    That's a pretty fun game. I enjoyed it, though it feels a lot like a twin stick shooter, which isn't necessarily a bad thing. I will put that in the rotation.

Any other suggestions?

6. abbad0n

abbad0n Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2008
    Could try Dungeon Hunter 2 (yeah it is old). Archer is a subclass of Rogue you can change to after you reach level 12(?). Don't try using a bow until after your class changes.

7. Greyskull

Greyskull Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Photographer/Social Sciences adjunct/sweet sweet l
    Fort Lauderdale
    #7 Greyskull, Sep 9, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2012
    There is an enjoyable(shocker!), multiplayer Freemium game by Namco in which you engage in archery duels on horseback. Better still, you can upload your save to iCloud, delete it, and come back to it whenever you feel like reinstalling.

8. Tutt22

Tutt22 Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2010
    I didn't realize you could play an archer in Dungeon Hunter 2. Thought the Rogue was just melee. I'll have to reinstall and give it a shot.

I'll give the Namco game a shot. Looks different but interesting!

Thanks!

9. Greyskull

Greyskull Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Photographer/Social Sciences adjunct/sweet sweet l
    Fort Lauderdale
    If you do, pm me when you install it so I can reinstall. Then I'll school ya :). There is an extremely forgiving energy system. You regain a point of energy about every minute; it's the only energy/waiting type game I've found to have acceptable clocks.

10. JamesT

JamesT Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2012
    I just started recently, but I'm having fun playing an archer in Order and Chaos.

11. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    But MMOs, as good as O&C may be, still dont become just fun and games... They become an obligation which i dont like. And the rate at which the iOS cranks out great releases, I dont need that obligation any time soon. :)

12. Tutt22

Tutt22 Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2010
    I do have an archer character on the go but I haven't played it recently. I got to level 25 or something but got frustrated as I couldnt find any quests for my level. Up to that point, I did enjoy it but got annoyed running around trying to find where to go.