Favorite PS3 games?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by BATTLE BORN, Jun 9, 2009.

1. Shokz

Shokz Well-Known Member

May 8, 2009
    Physicist. No, not really, but maybe one day, i'm
    England. It's a sucky place.
    Hmmm... Far far too many to play at once, that's all i can say ;) I'll just list what i feel (so therefore only ones i've played) are good PS3 exclusives:

PS3 Blu-Ray games;

Metal Gear Solid 4, Gran Turismo 5 Prologue, Ratchet and Clank Tools of Destruction, Uncharted Drake's Fortune, Motorstorm, Motorstorm Pacific Rift, Resistance Fall of Man, Resistance 2, Little Big Planet, Warhawk, inFamous, Killzone 2, Ridge Racer 7 and sort of Heavenly Sword.

PSN games;

Flower, flOw, Pixeljunk Eden, Pixeljunk Monsters, WipEout HD, Super Stardust HD (pretty much only fun with friends), Echochrome and Everyday Shooter.

As yet unreleased games;

The Last Guardian, Heavy Rain, Uncharted 2, Ratchet and Clank A Crack in Time, WipEout HD Fury, Pixeljunk Shooter, Fat Princess, MAG, Gran Turismo 5, God of War 3, Agent, Eyedentify, Twisted Metal PS3, WipEout PS3 and Hard Gore PS3.

I may have missed a couple, it's veeery late :p

2. mactds

mactds Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2008
    LA
    I would have to give a solid recommendation for Killzone 2 and Drake's Fortune. I also liked Heavenly Sword, and Ratchet & Clank. Even though you've played Little Big Planet I still give it a recommendation because it's that great.

3. Yagami_Light

Yagami_Light Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2009
    MGS4 is the game to get for PS3 owners (personally, I don't think the console is worth it without this game. Basically the only reason I bought one). Perfect in every way. You will need to have played the other games in the series though, and be quite patient (the games are heavily story based

Fallout 3 is ****ing amazing. I thought Bethesda would ruin the series (lets be honest, the Elder Scrolls series has been getting worse with every game since Daggerfall), but it turned out better than Fallout 1, 2, and Tactics! Add in the fact that DLC is coming for the PS3 version (we actually get to see the end now!), and this is a great deal.

4. Ravenblack

Ravenblack Well-Known Member

Feb 24, 2009
    Singapore
    I didn't play MGS 1-3. I jumped into MGS4. I didn't care much for the story but the gameplay is just excellent. The game caters to all playing styles. The cutscenes are terribly long at times, but I enjoyed it even though I don't know all the why's and who's. It's a work of art.

5. BATTLE BORN

BATTLE BORN Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2008
    Las Vegas, NV
    thanks for all the solid suggestions! looks like I've got my work cut out for me. I tried the wipeout HD demo and it's a lot of fun! once I place 1st on the demo track I'll reward myself with the full game lol. I was getting 6-last place consistently, but I'm slowly making my way up haha

6. Yagami_Light

Yagami_Light Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2009
    Then you definitely wouldn't like MGS2. The game is practically one big cutscene.

My estimates for the series (games listed in chronological order, not release date):

Metal Gear Solid 3: 10-15 hours of gameplay, 5-6 of cutscenes
    Metal Gear Solid PO: 8-9 hours of gameplay, 1-2 of cutscenes
    Metal Gear Solid PW: Unreleased
    Metal Gear: 6-8 hours of gameplay, 0:15 of cutscenes
    Metal Gear 2: 6-8 hours of gameplay, 1:30 of cutscenes
    Metal Gear Solid: 10-15 hours of gameplay, 6-7 of cutscenes
    Metal Gear Solid 2: 4-5 hours of gameplay, 14-15 of cutscenes
    Metal Gear Solid 4: 10-15 hours of gameplay, 10 of cutscenes
    Metal Gear Solid Rising: Unreleased

You should definitely play Metal Gear Solid 3 and its sequel (a new sequel is coming out soon, and it looks awesome). The gameplay, story, and gameplay/cutscene balance are best in it. The game is a prequel, so you don't need to play the others.

7. WellSpentYouth

WellSpentYouth Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2009
    iPhone programmer
    App Tech Studios, USA
    I really enjoy Burnout Paradise. Skate 2 is good.

If you enjoy baseball like me, any one of the MLB The Show series is a must.

8. Booch138

Booch138 Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    #28 Booch138, Jun 16, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2009
    Like everyone else in here, I have to recommend Metal Gear Solid 4. It's just a PS3 must... It is beautiful, game play is amazing, and lots to do. And it is the only game I have played more than one time through for the PS3. Its that f*cking cool.

Killzone 2 is your shooter you will want to pick up. The online gameplay is unmatchable and so much fun. I love Call of Duty 4/Call of Duty: World at War on the 360, but Killzone 2 is just... just fantastic. (I realize those arn't the only shooters in their Genre). Another game that is similar in online gameplay (but not near as cool) is F.E.A.R. 2, which is another great game that you won't do wrong in picking it up. The story is great and the online is great, though if you plan on spending a lot more online, get it for the 360 if you have one.

Uncharted is fantastic as well. The 2nd one is coming up, but pick up the first one. Trophies are easy to get, the story is extremely fun (Adventure in El Dorado theme), the graphics on this game are some of the most impressive ones I've seen in many games on the system still. The gameplay is a freaking blast. Almost like a latter day Tomb Raider. But better imo.

inFamous is one that I have spent very little time with, but is a blast to play. The story seems spot on, replayability sounds massive, and its all around a fun sandbox game.

It's not an exclusive, but Sacred 2 is an awesome diablo-style hack and slash, and that game is fun as hell on the PS3. Another non-exclusive that looks good on PS3 is Midnight Club: LA.

I take it the PS3 is the only system you have right? If not I would suggest most of the non-exclusive games on the 360. More online community and what-not. I'm not a 360 "Fanboy" (hate that f*cking term) so don't start with that. I am only speaking truth, and experience. I love the PS3, but it sucks ass if you want to play games with your friends. By yourself though its a powerhouse, I just don't take the online portion of it seriously anymore. KZ2 is about all I play online for the PS3 atm, and playing with friends is retarded trying to get it to work. Anyways yeah. My .02

9. Ravenblack

Ravenblack Well-Known Member

Feb 24, 2009
    Singapore
    Thanks for the info. :)
    I'll probably check the box collection edition of MGS1-3. I think it's call the Essential Collection.

10. Bluellama1

Bluellama1 Well-Known Member

Jul 25, 2009
    Student
    Metro Detroit, Michigan
    #30 Bluellama1, Aug 1, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2009
    Skate 2, it is my favorite game. Worms is also pretty good. Fat Princess is an almost definate buy.