Favorite PS3 games?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by BATTLE BORN, Jun 9, 2009.

1. BATTLE BORN

BATTLE BORN Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2008
    Las Vegas, NV
    Hey guys,

just got a PS3 and was wondering what some of your favorite games are.
    so far I've got...

Little Big Planet
    Echochrome
    Resistance 1 (The chick at gamestop said if I beat it within a week I can return it for full value and buy resistance 2! so I blasted through it this weekend because I'm anxious to try resistance 2 lol)

any other sweet games I should check out? mgs4 looks cool. waiting for the "best seller" 30$ version.

I have a 360 so I've already played a few of the better multiplatform titles like Bioshock and the orange box.

2. Ravenblack

Ravenblack Well-Known Member

Feb 24, 2009
    Singapore
    I've enjoyed Valkyria Chronicles (strategy-rpg game). Cell shaded anime-type, alternate WWII themed strategy game. It's got innovative turn-based system.

If you enjoy really hard and challenging rpg games, consider waiting for your local release or import Demons Souls.

MGS 4 is a very good game, definitely keep that on your to-get list. :)

Other games I like: Saint's Row 2, Fallout 3, Elder Scrolls Oblivion and Sacred 2. These are multiplatform games, so you might have already played them on the 360.

3. DHrox

DHrox Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2009
    College Student
    Baltimore, MD
    Hmmmmmmm............Endwar is decent (RTS strategy game set in a postapocalyptic future) and Warhawk is great (multiplayer only flying and shooting game).

4. eggrolls11

eggrolls11 Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2009
    inFamous is probably one of the 3 best games of the year. Also get GTA4. Both are sandbox games with great things that you can do. Great replay value for both! :D

5. shaakes

shaakes Member

May 19, 2009
    games

I loved the first motorstorm and ratchet & clank. you should be able to get them both cheap

I also agree with Saint's Row 2 and Fallout 3

6. Sambo110

Sambo110 Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2008
    Australia
    Resistance 2 and Killzone 2 (best graphics ever!) are great shooters. GTA 4 is a great sandbox game, if your into those games. Warhawk is a decent multiplayer game, great if you want to play split screen online. Ratchet & Clank is pretty good as well.

7. Firestar

Firestar Well-Known Member

Apr 4, 2009
    Student/Programer
    Wellington, New Zealand
    Burnout Paradise is AWESOME! Apart from that, Motorstorm 2 and Gran Turismo 5 Prologue are quite good.

8. markx2

markx2 Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2008
    +1 to Burnout Paradise. Big Surf Island DLC is out today at around 4pm in the UK

9. nickels

nickels Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2008
    Male
    Product Designer/Mobile Game Developer
    PA, USA
    How am I the first person to recommend Drake's Fortune? That game is excellent!

10. BATTLE BORN

BATTLE BORN Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2008
    Las Vegas, NV
    thanks guys. I'm playing resistance 2 now and it's a great game!
    I ordered infamous the other day. ($53 on buy.com, not bad!). played it for a second at gamestop and it seems very well done.
    I've got fallout 3, elder scrolls, and GTA4 on xbox already, but I'll definitely check out your other suggestions.

I've got access to the uncharted 2 multiplayer beta right now. I'm not great at it, but it's pretty fun. I'll have to check out drakes fortune.

if only netflix and gamefly would join forces...

11. RayLancer

RayLancer Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    Sacramento, CA
    Hmm... I'll name some niche games.
    • Wipeout HD (I can't wait for Fury DLC)
    • Armored Core 4 Answer (Its the Gran Turismo of mecha games, just a lot more faster and more action than the older Armored Core games)
    • Disgaea 3
    • Valkyria Chronicles

12. robertf224

robertf224 Well-Known Member

Mar 28, 2009
    Yeah the beta is sweet. I'm one of the best players right now. In my best deathmatch I had 14 kills and 2 deaths with a 10 kill streak. In my best ctf game i had 23 kills 14 deaths and captured all 3 flags. I'm glad they changed the kill limit to 50 and the flag limit to 5, cuz games weren't lasting long enough. Uncharted 1 was great, but you might want to just wait for uncharted 2 to come out cuz uncharted 1 will make its way to the greatest hits list soon. Infamous is awesome also. Some of my favs are mgs 4, burnout paradise, motorstorm PR, Littlebigplanet, and warhawk. I haven't played oblivion or street fighter 4 all that much, but they're good. Oh yeah, did you see this guy named KING GRAY in uncharted 2 beta yet? He is insane. I played with him last week and we were on the same level we were both on like 15, but he was kicking my ass and everybody else's ass too. I hadn't played cuz I had a chemistry SAT on saturday and i was studying all week, and I played two days ago, and he was on level 50, and I've only seen like 2 people ever over 20. Ridiculous. He's easily gonna be the number 1 player when the game comes out. I'll probably land somewhere in the top 1000 when the actual game comes out. Oh yeah and Ratchet and Clank on PS3 was great too. That is one of my fav game series ever, especially Up your arsenal on ps2. My friend who lives on my street and I were insane at that game. At one point he was 7 overall on win/loss ratio leaderboard and I was 9, out of like 200,000+ players. I checked a couple months ago on the insomniac website and I was at like 38. I rambled wayyyy to long on this post

13. moopf

moopf Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2008
    I've been really into the PSN games, rather than buying many boxed games (although I'm tempted by inFamous). On the PSN side, Flower's excellent if you want a different "gaming" experience, Wipeout HD is fantastic, Gran Tourismo well worth it and Noby Noby Boy just mad as a box of frogs. Also got Flock, which was a bit disappointing and flow which is a pleasant experience "game" as well.

Haven't picked up LittleBigPlanet for a long time now, might have to again soon. Looking forward to Fat Princess, that should be fun.

14. yourofl10

yourofl10 Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2008
    I dont have a PS3 system, buy when I go to Target or Walmart I play a PS3 were they have all the games. My favorite is Motor Storm (I'm really good at it) and Batman Arkum Aslum (Not out yet).

15. wikoogle

wikoogle Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2009
    #15 wikoogle, Jun 12, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2009
    My favorite games are..

Metal Gear Solid 4 - Wow, this game is amazing, and sooo atmosphere. I never played the previous MGS games so I was blown away.

Burnout Paradise - It's a steal at the current $20.

Red Alert 3 - I love strategy games

Uncharted - Uncharted 2 is coming out soon though with even better gameplay and multiplayer.

I also really enjoy Killzone 2, LBP, Civilization Revolutions, Valkyria Chronicles, Motorstorm: Pacific Rift, Rachet & Clank and Infamous.

And I can't freaking wait until Heavy Rain comes out. That game looks amazing.

PSN has some great games as well. PixelJunk Monsters, Flower, Wipeout HD, Super Street Fighter 2 HD Remix and a few others are fantastic.

16. robertf224

robertf224 Well-Known Member

Mar 28, 2009
    Did anyone on this forum get into the fat princess beta? I missed it the day they gave out codes i was at school

17. weedeatinflyincougar

weedeatinflyincougar Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2009
    when it comes out, get MAG (massive action game). its an fps and one gametype has 256 players on a map at once!

18. Petrus

Petrus Well-Known Member

Call of duty 4, Burnout Paradis, Midnight Club LA

19. mofard

mofard Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2009
    LITTLE BIG PLANET
    Orange Box
    MGS4
    Ratchet and Clank Future

20. VeganTnT

VeganTnT Moderator