Universal Fate/Grand Order (English) (by Aniplex Inc.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by L.Lawliet, Jun 25, 2017.

1. chronosz

chronosz Well-Known Member

May 24, 2016
    Squashy, check your inbox

2. squashy

squashy Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2013
    *burp*
    The Garden of Sinners
    The story does get better. The writer team admitted that at start they weren't sure if mobile gamers would want to play a brand new RNG title that is text-heavy, so they played it safe and as a result it's not very engaging. The writers were also inexperienced in writing story that is segmented to allow for playing in short bursts, so you see a lot of "we're doing plot exposition when suddenly enemies!" kind of patterns in Orleans and Septem. Expect better story in chapters to come :)

The translation is not bad. It has several sloppy mishaps like spelling or punctuation errors, but the meaning is there. Thanks to the localization, Marie has ascended from JP "kira kira" meme to NA "wassup my homies" meme =)

3. chronosz

May 24, 2016
    Best roll yet, Jeanne, Altria pendragon aka Artoria and Elizabeth! I'm done re rolling, time to play hehe

4. ramzarules

ramzarules Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2014
    Greece
    the anime Fate/Apocrypha started airing yesterday. Having watched /StayNight and /Unlimited Blade Works i hope it's gonna be equally epic.

I keep the game as a supplement to see what characters they will introduce, but right now the too limited roster and the turn based slow combat didn't make a good enough impression. If only we had Dragon Blaze with Fate characters..sigh. Anyway, if you even remotely like the artwork of the game, give the series a watch, you will not be disappointed!

5. ivreal

ivreal Member

Dec 1, 2013
    Free Summon

Since I got my 7 day streak they gave me a free summon pass X1. Jpn app players should I save it for special promotion (based on the first post i guess there is special pulls) or just use it?

6. Zeillusion

Zeillusion Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2013
    Just rolled a 5* arc! Woohoo, woke up today with a bunch of quartz in my mail. Decided to use a 10 roll.

7. squashy

Jan 21, 2013
    *burp*
    The Garden of Sinners
    If there is nothing that interests you, just save it.

8. balefries

balefries Member

Jun 30, 2017
    Ooh boy, if the US devs stay true to the game, then wait for Camelot, Babylon, and the final chapter.

EDIT: Also just realized you could spoil yourself by watching F/GO cms when they release a new event or chapter in YouTube.

9. balefries

balefries Member

Jun 30, 2017
    Wait for special events or new story gachas.

10. Zeillusion

Sep 30, 2013
    Isn't the 5* arc one of the better top characters? I'm really enjoying her as a gacha. Her super attack is very pleasing haha.

11. squashy

Jan 21, 2013
    *burp*
    The Garden of Sinners
    Who is this "arc" you got? Jeanne?

12. Zeillusion

Sep 30, 2013
    Yeah! Sorry I didn't clarify.

13. chronosz

May 24, 2016
    Jeanne is awesome, very tanky character!

14. squashy

Jan 21, 2013
    *burp*
    The Garden of Sinners
    Yes, Jeanne can carry your team through the first 3-4 singularities. You're gonna need damage dealers to go with her though.

15. ivreal

ivreal Member

Dec 1, 2013
    This was referring to a post that someone asked should they level to 40 and the quote is responded by above. so I'm assuming once I have those items I can level my guys to 40? Is there any disadvantage of leveling them max right away?

16. pheriannath

pheriannath Well-Known Member

Jun 9, 2012
    #176 pheriannath, Jul 5, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2017
    There's no disadvantage to levelling a servant to max right away; in fact, you're not allowed to raise the level cap of a servant until you have achieved the current cap, even if you have the materials for it already. It's just a matter of prioritising which servants to focus your resources on first.

Every servant gets a new portrait artwork upon their 4th ascension.

17. balefries

balefries Member

Jun 30, 2017
    Unless you have the altered form. ;)

18. Misguided

Misguided Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2009
    So...Gilgamesh joining the summon pool tomorrow. Which is great, except I'm already using Emiya.

19. Hambo12

Hambo12 Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2012
    on the internet
    Saw the movie of this and it definitely makes the game more enjoyable and easier to understand

20. pheriannath

pheriannath Well-Known Member

Jun 9, 2012
    Just so you know:

1. It never hurts to have multiple Archers. You won't be able to rely on just one when the game comes out of Easy Mode in the later singularities.

2. Gil's NP has a unique trait which makes him a great candidate for servant battles.