Universal Fate/Grand Order (English) (by Aniplex Inc.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by L.Lawliet, Jun 25, 2017.

1. squashy

squashy Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2013
    *burp*
    The Garden of Sinners
    Finally I managed to trade a reroll account for another with NP2 Vlad the third in it so I'm set to go now :)

This isn't meant to be a global release. FGO has been going strong over the original japanese server for 2 years now and I wouldn't call that "pre launch." I heard they're gonna launch another server for Canada though.

2. rod-

rod- Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2012
    so...

I'm trying to figure out what is going on with all the various mechanics and things, they're not at all explained, unless i just blinked my way through the explanation last night.

I've pretty much got the combat down, not much to it really but that's okay i suppose.

But what's with the 'support setup' page? What are craft essences? The ones i have right now are all just boring % boosts, do they get less boring?

I guess on a similar note, what's the draw of this game outside of the slow-drip of storyline? The combat is too much of a stat-check for me to really care right now...and i've been playing for 5+ hours already. Am i just spoiled for gaming?

3. Zeillusion

Zeillusion Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2013
    Got a 4* saber on my first roll! Amazing game so far. Should I continue with this setup? Is 4* max or should I reroll for the 5*? So happy this released.

4. Misguided

Misguided Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2009
    Would be beneficial to read the thread. The 4* you got is probably the free one everyone got. And star ratings are different in this game. The character is tied to the star rating. You can't get the same character at 4* and 5* (though there could be a variant). There is a 5* saber that is probably the one you mean, but you can't get her with the first 10x summon (the free one).

5. Pagan Fox

Pagan Fox Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2012
    Best piece of advice I had was to visit the Reddit sub forums for this game. There are many posts and links to best characters to roll for as well as much needed advice on the mechanics of the game.
    This thread has been super helpful especially LLawliet and Squashy so a big shout out to them (and others).

6. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011

The first post should have more info about each servant if you are curious.

7. squashy

squashy Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2013
    *burp*
    The Garden of Sinners
    There are many mechanics indeed, and you kind of learn as you play.
    The biggest mechanic you need to be aware of for battles is the class triangles, referred to in game as class affinity:

In the Knight triangle: sabers are strong against lancers, who are strong against archers, who are strong against sabers.
    In the Cavalry triangle: riders are strong against casters, who are strong against assassins, who are strong against riders.

(Strong here means to deal double damage to the enemy, and to receive half the damage.)

Berserkers are basically glass cannons, dealing 1.5x damage to all classes while receiving double damage from them. Rule of thumb: kill berserker enemies first.

Shielder is solely for Mash, and it's the only class that interacts neutrally to all classes including berserkers.

For example, today EXP farming quest has saber and rider enemies iirc, so the ideal team to bring would consist of archers and assassins. As long as you play by class triangles, you'll have an easier time.

Support Setup is where you put your best servants for other players to borrow, similar to how you have to use one Support servant every time you battle whether you want to or not. Using a Support who is not in your friend list will not allow you to use their NP, so try to send friend requests to players with strong Support (and hope they accept :D)

The drive of this game? Hmm I guess the biggest draw of any gacha game is the characters. There are whales who spend hundreds of dollars every time a new 5* character is released. They have their favorite characters, favorite illustrators, favorite voice actresses... and they are willing to gamble big money for a chance to get such characters.

8. Roleki

Roleki Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2012
    Anyone know if there are plans to release this in Europe? I'd like to take this for a spin.

9. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    I don't think there will be but you can just make an NA account. From my past experience it's not too hard and once you do it, you can play one of my favorite gacha games! And you can also see what's got Japan so crazy about this.

10. Sieye

Sieye Well-Known Member

May 7, 2015
    East Coast
    So having some trouble with the transfer system. Started the game on the iPhone, transferred it over using the transfer system with the code to my iPad, no problems. Now I want to transfer it back to the iPhone. Every time I try to do that though and error pops up and tells me the game was transferred to another device and I should start a new game. Am I not able to continue to transfer between the two devices?

11. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    The transfer code can't be reused for security reasons so you have to remake it every time it's used. So once you transfer to a new device, make a new code immediately.

12. eufeion

eufeion Well-Known Member

May 10, 2016
    May have to make a US account it is it also available in Canada?

13. Sieye

Sieye Well-Known Member

May 7, 2015
    East Coast
    #113 Sieye, Jun 27, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2017
    Thanks. I did do that though (remade it twice actually). Guess I can keep resetting the code and enter it to see if that works.

EDIT: I actually found the solution. On the "older" device, you need to click YES to restarting a new game. It will then update and reset. You then click data transfer and transfer it over.

That is abit annoying but I guess it works. Kinda wish it had cloud save.

14. Pagan Fox

Pagan Fox Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2012
    Yes, I'm in the UK but using my spare Canadian account to play.

15. chronosz

chronosz Well-Known Member

May 24, 2016
    is altera any good?

16. Sequence

Sequence Well-Known Member

Jul 15, 2012
    For veteran FGO players; is the current gacha banner decent to pull or is it better to save for a future banner? I have 2 4* Servants. (Herakles and Carmilla) plus 3* Cu Chulainn.

This is the smallest the "pool" is going to be which is a big deal with these types of games but I know that later on there'll be "Rate Ups" banners with a higher probability to pull featured characters.

17. Zeillusion

Zeillusion Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2013
    So I've got two 4*s (both sabers. The free event one and another variant) I also got that really good 3* lance. The one mentioned earlier about it being the best 3* (with blue tights). Should I continue to re roll? I've re rolled 4 times so far and haven't gotten anything good. Thinking of just playing the game on my main account.

18. Montanx

Montanx Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2012
    San Diego
    #118 Montanx, Jun 27, 2017
    All I get is error 32 then sent to a Japanese email report. Latest iOS, IPad mini 4, no JB

19. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    #119 L.Lawliet, Jun 27, 2017
    Altera is pretty good. She gets awesome animation updates later. It's kind of weird but a lot of the characters you are using now will get animation updates later down the line. You'll notice some of the 5 stars have generic "whack" "up down" animations and those get changed into cool unique animations, including Altera. I believe only Altria has her updated animations for some reason. But I've only heard this in passing since I don't have the English version of the game.

That's a hard question to answer. Basically it's up to you if you want characters from the current banner or not. There are some powerful characters that come out waaay down the line but again it depends if you want the characters out now or want to wait a while for new ones. Personally I get tempted to roll at nearly every new gacha :l

The game has been out in Japan about 2 years or so? So a lot of servants have been released since that time. You will probably get some new servants added to the English version soon but I don't know the release schedule. Sorry about that!

20. Montanx

Montanx Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2012
    San Diego
    Meh it's nothing special, just your basic gacha game.