Universal Fate/Grand Order (English) (by Aniplex Inc.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by L.Lawliet, Jun 25, 2017.

1. ItouchBrett

ItouchBrett Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2008
    So I can roll for altera at this time? I may just keep rerolling for her....and/or artoria. Those are the only 2 I really want if anyone can confirm so I can stop wasting my time rerolling. Also should I only reroll with the initial 30 I get? Cause I can reroll twice before deleting and reinstalling

2. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Yes you can reroll for them both. The first tutorial roll (mandatory?) does NOT give you one of them. After you do that roll, you can roll for them using whatever quartz you gained.

3. ItouchBrett

Dec 28, 2008
    So wait the first 10 rolls you get after tutorial you cannot get either of them? Maybe that's why I haven't gotten any 5 stars. I can reroll another 10 times after that tho.

4. ItouchBrett

Dec 28, 2008
    Ok so after initial 10 roll did the roll after. Got alteria, cu chulainn AND Hercules. I think I'm good no?

5. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    Ah I knew you had it in you! Those are great. I'd stick with those and move on. I'm more of an Artoria/Altria fan but Altera is pretty cool as well (her new animations are incredible- not sure if they are updated yet in NA).

Go start playing!

6. ItouchBrett

Dec 28, 2008
    Yes finally! Artoria I see is popular. I gotta start watching this anime... who's the main character? What are difference between altera and artoria?

7. Misguided

Misguided Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2009
    So,mi started playing the prologue again with the reroll, and I just love having Cu and Emiya on the team together. It may not be the best team, but they make me happy.

8. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    #88 L.Lawliet, Jun 26, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2017
    Artoria is a completely different character from Altera. Their names were just "nicknamed" to look similar for whatever reason. Artoria/Altria is the main character or mascot of the series but as the series branched out, she remains a mascot but is not in every installment. She's the iconic character that most fans will recognize. If you want to start watching the anime you can watch Fate/Zero and Fate/Stay Night Unlimited Blade Works. Both are great!

Altera is actually not in the anime. She was created by a popular artist Huke (who did Steins Gate). She can be found in the new game Fate Extella where she gets her biggest appearance.

Her true identity is
    Attila the Hun
    - which is awesome. You'll see lots of historic genderbends in Fate which is one of the cool things in this game. Twisting around history. You'll find Tesla, Edison, Joan of Arc, Beowulf, Cleopatra, Spartacus, Caesar, Edmond Dantes and many more well known figures turned into servants. That's probably the coolest thing about Fate, seeing many historical figures battle it out in a Japanese reincarnation.

Emiya gets a lot better later on when they add strengthening quests (basically Japan made these quests when they realized some characters just needed to be buffed lol). Cu will save your butt on numerous occasions because he can revive himself, dodge, etc. His skills and stats are just very very good.

And I'm also glad to hear you're happy. That's the whole point. With the PvP non-existent (thank goodness), the game is about getting stuff you want. You don't have to focus on finding the strongest character or risk falling behind. Amass your collection of servants and just have fun with the story :)

Updated the first post with more guides everyone!

9. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    So I got a 4 star Saber Altria Pendragon, a 4 star Assassin Carmilla and a 4 star Beserker Tamamo Cat are those any good?

10. eufeion

eufeion Well-Known Member

May 10, 2016
    Is it not avaible in the UK Store?

11. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    Pretty much all the 4 stars are good minus Siegfried who is meh. Post #1 will have some more opinions about each character. The 4 star Saber Lily you got is a free bonus for the pre-release campaign. Aside from that, getting two 4 stars are very good. You can also bind your account if you wish to save it and roll again.

One interesting thing to note is that binding is actually way better than FB / Twitter / GameCenter backing up because you DO NOT need to make new accounts each time you back up. Binding is just saving a code and password. Very quick and easy. So if you do reroll, you can always save what you got.

12. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    Do I need to go for a 5 star or no?

13. LethalX08

LethalX08 Active Member

Apr 16, 2015
    United Kingdom
    A EU version was never confirmed. Only US. I asked the US FB/Twitter team if a EU version is coming (as have hundreds of others) but no response yet.

14. RinoaHeartily

RinoaHeartily Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2010
    So only launched in US? Shouldn't this game be labeled pre launch or something

15. RinoaHeartily

RinoaHeartily Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2010
    Similar to ff exvius.. Will u settle for less than 5 stars

16. Nekko

Nekko Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2014
    Tokyo-3
    Is Siegfried going to stay meh forever? I'm a big fan of his character design but it seems in both the Japanese and English versions of the game he isn't very good :(

17. Milotorou

Milotorou Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2015
    #97 Milotorou, Jun 27, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2017
    To those who have Error 32, I think its somewhat triggered by traces of jailbreak, I think I did have my iPad jailbroken a few years back, even though its not anymore traces are most likely still present.

Only way around it is a factory reset.

Gonna do that in a day or two, my iPad is solely used to play games so I dont have anything important to lose in a reset, I just need some free time...

18. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    #98 L.Lawliet, Jun 27, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2017
    He is the star of the next Fate anime (which is releasing on Netflix very soon), so it's possible but I wouldn't pin my hopes on it.

However he's not super super bad. He's just not as good as the other 4 star units. I agree he does look cool and people are upset that he was made so weak compared to the others. He's one of the main characters in Fate Apoc.

If you do have him and like him I would keep it. I mentioned before but the game isn't really "paywall blocked." Stuff is going to be better than others but it won't keep you from progressing in the game. And if you still have trouble, 98% of battles all let you use one person from your supports / friends and you can just grab any strong servant you don't own to help you :cool:

The game has hard battles but nothing that will make you think the game cheated you. However you will feel cheated if you roll the gacha and not get anything you want. This game has made all its gold from collectors who want all the servants, their favorite servants, or just maxing out servants (5 copies of one servant).

19. Nekko

Nekko Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2014
    Tokyo-3
    I see, thanks for the reassuring words :p It's always nice to have a game that does free to play right :)

20. theonetruejm

theonetruejm Active Member

Feb 27, 2014
    Just rolled a Tamamo Cat. Should I keep her or re roll?