Universal Fate/Grand Order (English) (by Aniplex Inc.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by L.Lawliet, Jun 25, 2017.

1. squashy

squashy Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2013
    *burp*
    The Garden of Sinners
    You download FGO English from the US App Store? Then it should be the right game.

Yes, you're lucky to land on a strong berserker like Herc. If you're satisfied with your servants, you should save up your quartz, those are premium currency and you should only use them to roll when there is a rate-up of a 5* servant you want.

For example, you want Altria, more commonly known as Saber. Now, technically you can roll her from the current Story Summon pool. But there are other 5* in there and you may end up rolling them instead. But in the future, the dev will put up a rate-up for her, which means during that special campaign the chance to roll Altria from the gacha will be higher compared to other 5* - as a 5* she will still and always be rarer than 3*.

Basically, the rule of thumb when rolling for 5* is to always wait for their specific rate-up.

2. neoretix

neoretix New Member

Jun 26, 2017
    People seems to be able to play the game already? It still crashes for me after the 'this is a fiction...' Screen and opening up mail to send some error report...really been waiting to play this for a long time....

3. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    #43 L.Lawliet, Jun 26, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2017
    Oh I read up on it and supposedly the free 4 star will be given to you later. Most likely you will have to enter a code that specifies which 4 star you want. That's how they did it in Japan. So basically get what you want right now and a free 4 star promo will be given to you later (is what Aniplex USA says).

And what are the odds, you got exactly what you wanted! Lucky!

If you got the girl you like then you're good ;) or guy.

4. Misguided

Misguided Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2009
    #44 Misguided, Jun 26, 2017
    Oh, that's great, then, because I can use that on one of the others. For some reason, I thought that pick was obtained after the singularity was finished, but I was probably thinking of how you described characters being story locked earlier.

My son got Carmilla, also on that list, adding to my confusion.

Hmm...if it works as you said, I might have to pick Emiya...

5. Osterus

Osterus Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2011
    damn

seems to be only up in american itunes store.

too hard to create an account

6. squashy

Jan 21, 2013
    *burp*
    The Garden of Sinners
    Really, making a US itunes account is like the easiest thing ever. Just google it.

7. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    It should work that way since Aniplex said so. How are you liking the game so far? It does start off a bit slow but later stories get really fun. I think the beginning is just kind of easing you into the story.

It takes some work but not too much. And who knows, you might find use for it later. I have a bunch of different accounts in case I want to play soft launched games as well.

8. WjndWalk3r

WjndWalk3r Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2015
    It out on Canada appstore too. I can't change region my acc to US because it need an US VISA card to active, not work with my local VISA. but Canada store still have None payment option, so i go get it on Canada store :D

9. bastian.walker

Dec 19, 2016
    #49 bastian.walker, Jun 26, 2017
    I'm hoping that the "Select a 4* Servant" comes later. I got this as my roll:

http://i.imgur.com/BGu7i63.jpg

...which seems pretty good. I really like Tamano, but I wanted to be certain to select Emiya. If this is a good roll, then I'll keep it, and hope I can get Emiya for free later.

Also, are there any account security options on iOS? Such as linking to an email, or having an account password? How do I set that up?

Thanks for all the help, L! :)

10. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    Two 4 stars seems pretty good to me! You can stop here if you like or keep trying for a 5 star. Tamamo was MY free 4 star pick when they did it in Japan and I've never regretted it. She's adorable and fairly strong. Aniplex said you'd get a free 4 star later so I guess we'll take their word for it? I don't know anything further from that unfortunately.

There should be a bind code section in the "My Room" options. That should be the last button on your HUD menu. The code is one time use so every time you use the code it gets erased. You can definitely bind it and reroll again if you wish.

Glad to help! I'm always on Reddit FGO sub so it's nice to bring helpful info to TA.

11. Osterus

Osterus Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2011
    I've used hotels, random fedex addresses, random US generator addresses with the valid zip codes etc

Also, 000000000 phone numbers no longer work.

it seems itunes has made it 10x more difficult to register for a u.s. itunes account.

I even tried a canadian one. Right now, it's impossible.

12. Misguided

Misguided Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2009
    Lawliet,

Still coming to grips with all the systems, of which there are quite a few, but the story seems pretty good so far. Before I log off for the night, should the 4* XP ups be saved, or any harm in using them? Any items in particular we should hoard?

13. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    #53 L.Lawliet, Jun 26, 2017
    Well I'm glad you like it for now. I want this game to do well to support more Fate translated media in the future. Fire Emblem Heroes supposedly is doing really well financially and I think this game is leagues above that one (personal opinion).

Anyhow! Back to your question. 4* exp is the best type. It's not super rare but you have to farm for it and you'll need large amounts of it for SR and SSR units. Simple advice would be to use all your 4* exp on SR and SRR units only. You can use them on your favorite 3* units as well but they should be primarily used up on higher tiers since you need a lot. If you used them up though it's fine, you'll get more.

Things you should probably hoard are rare ascension / skill level up materials, using them only on your best servants since you need to grind for those. However starting the game you probably won't have too much of an issue.

Also if anyone rolls Lancer Cu (blue tights man) 3*, I recommend leveling him as high as you can. He's pretty much hands down the best 3* unit in the game. Best bro in anime and in the game ;)

If you have space in your backrow of your party, Mash fits perfectly there. She costs 0 and is a decent defensive unit who grows to become a tank as the story progresses.

Hmm hopefully someone can help you out later. Someone could lend you an account if they made a junk itunes account as well. I'd love if you could play it. I can't help out at the moment because I'm very busy, sorry about that.

14. slighmd

slighmd Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2009
    Surgeon
    Philippines
    #54 slighmd, Jun 26, 2017
    Wow Mash is in the game too?! Nice! And I just watched the Fate/Grand Order: First Order movie 2 days ago.

15. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    Oh dang this thread got merged with the old one that was made incorrectly :( Hopefully someone can fix the app info since now it's gone. I did ask the mods to merge them at first but I didn't realize it would revert everything.

I wanted the first post spot so it would be easy for newcomers to find information there (like I did with MHFU), hopefully where it is now is still visible. I may add more info to it in the future which is why I preferred the 1st post spot. I guess there's not much we can do about it now.

Oh yeah she is because the game was made first and the movie is adapted from the game :p

16. ItouchBrett

ItouchBrett Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2008
    Lawliet upload your servant guide from page 1. Can't find it

17. squashy

Jan 21, 2013
    *burp*
    The Garden of Sinners
    I can see it just fine?

18. Pagan Fox

Pagan Fox Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2012
    #58 Pagan Fox, Jun 26, 2017
    Hi mate, I've rolled a couple of times, last attempt pulled Saber Lily and also Marie Antoinette (both 4*)
    Any good?
    Also, I believe there is a synergy between certain classes, is that the case?
    And, don't you feel tempted to play on the NA server?

19. ItouchBrett

ItouchBrett Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2008
    Can I roll for artoria 5 star? Is she in the roll process?

20. shaneorourke

shaneorourke Member

Jan 15, 2013
    Is this going to release in the U.K.?