Universal Fate/Grand Order (English) (by Aniplex Inc.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by L.Lawliet, Jun 25, 2017.

1. squashy

squashy Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2013
    *burp*
    The Garden of Sinners
    How's it going everyone! The Moon Dumplings event has started, and with it a new 5* archer, Orion! This is a short event with a very light-hearted story that pokes fun at the meta of the game like stats and class affinity, so don't skip the story :D the event shop sells a lot of Class Pieces and Monuments, and you should definitely grab em to ascend your servants.

[​IMG]

As for the new servant, no, this is not another case of genderbending, Orion is still a guy. But that's a girl... It's complicated... Just play the event! :p oh and this servant is not limited btw, she will be added to the normal summoning pool when the third chapter is released, so plan your gacha rolls accordingly. Have fun!

2. Misguided

Misguided Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2009
    Ridiculous event is ridiculous.

3. chronosz

chronosz Well-Known Member

May 24, 2016
    I pulled Saber Alter yesterday than when I was going for the Jeanne rate up, got another Salter. This games rng is crazy sometimes!

4. Misguided

Jan 27, 2009
    I pulled Altria and a second Emiya during the fuyuki event. I know people say that Emiya isn't super until much later (post-strengthening quests) but the beauty of Emiya, imo, is that with 3 arts cards, on the right team, you can afford to use a buster card or something like heaven's feel (which I don't have, unfortunately). His NP hits like a truck.

5. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Japan is doing a 10 million download campaign. Lucky for us, it's one free SR from any non-limited. This includes all the story locked servants (like Saber Alter). This campaign isn't in the NA version so you'll have to wait - but I'm having so much trouble deciding who to pick..

6. Misguided

Jan 27, 2009
    Think I'd be tempted to pick Artoria Lancer, but I'm not familiar with all the servants they have added.

7. Misguided

Jan 27, 2009
    Lawliet, who did you end up choosing?

Doing the final quest for Halloween earlier. Wave 5. It's down to 230k hp Tamamo no Mae vs my level 70 Heracles. Two turns later, only Heracles left standing. Crazy. Looking forward to the Honnouji event next month so I can get some chaos claws and get his last ascension done.

8. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    Hey! I ended up getting Lancer Alter just because I wanted to further complete the collection. One of the toughest decisions I've ever had to make :eek: Here's the worst part: they added a gacha for "Merlin, Saber Alter, and Lancer Alter" at the same time as this promo and I thought it was a blessing. Roll one, pick the other one for free. Then 300 quartz later, I got one Jack (which to be fair is a super super top tier unit), bringing her to NP3 and no Merlins or Alters. RIP all my quartz. :mad: I got baited hard. Screw you DW!

How are you enjoying the Halloween event? I'm glad some people here are still playing. I hardly understand the Japanese version yet it's still a lot of fun for me.

Was Heracles your free SR you chose? Well either way, now you see how OP he is! You put in the right care and he'll finish off enemies for you. Just make sure to bond him to max as soon as you can to get his super OP bond CE.

Were you interested in any new servants? Tamamo, Scathach, or Okita? I love all of them, Okita being my favorite. I was ready to whale for her in JPN..

9. Misguided

Jan 27, 2009
    Yes and no. I chose Heracles initially, but ended up starting a different account right after release and stuck with that one. But I burned my Quartz as noted above on an Altria summon pool that also had Emiya and Cu featured. I got Altria, a 2nd Cu, a 2nd Emiya (which was the other big reason I dumped all my Quartz), and two Heracles. My 4th slot is Hans Christian Anderson. My 6th slot is Mash. I used to have Cu in the 5th spot, but I've now switched to Heracles. 99% of the time I use Vlad as a support.

The Halloween event was good, but I played a ton early because I wasn't sure I'd be able to get everything I wanted to buy. I was pretty crispy by the end and had pretty much cleaned out the store.

There's not anybody I desperately want to add to my team at this point. Eventually, it would be nice to upgrade Hans. Zhuge Liang is an option, but I figure I might as well wait until Merlin becomes available. In the meantime, I can drop Hans' NP as soon as he enters the field, which is nice.

The funny thing is, as much as I've played, I'm still learning little subtleties. For instance, I don't have a quick-heavy team, but I've been getting better at generating stars and with a little luck can generate NP gauge incredibly quick (especially for Emiya). It seems like a simple game, and it is, but there's a lot of little things you can do with overkill/critical/etc that add surprising subtlety to the strategy.

10. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    Wow your new account is pretty stacked then.

Well I guess you'll be a quartz hoarder. If I see a cool or cute looking character I instantly want to roll for them :\ Not a good habit with those abysmal rates.

Yeah the game gets even more fun as they release new servants. Right now on Reddit we're complaining about quick cards needing a buff since the meta is basically a buster damage team with Merlin or an arts spam team. Quick is just not as good as the others. Tamamo is actually really good if you want an arts spam team so you should've tried rolling for her. If you only want Merlin, you'll be waiting a long time. Hopefully you find another servant that catches your eye.

11. Sequence

Sequence Well-Known Member

Jul 15, 2012
    I spent all my saved quartz (I'm not planning on spending $$$ on this right now) on unsuccessfully pulling for Tamamo no Mae. Shouldn't have... already have Vlad, Zhuge Liang, Drake, Heracles, and Jeanne. Regret not saving for Okita since I don't have a decent Saber.

12. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    Sorry to hear that.. well at least you have an extremely stacked account. If you ever give up on the game I'm pretty sure any NA player would want that :p

I heard that failure happen to many others. On reddit it was a wildfire of raging and salt from not getting Tamamo. To be fair, I feel like I got rejected from Tamamo when I paid for the guarateed 5 star class gacha - did Caster class (three SSR possibilities). I was hoping for Waver or Tamamo, instead got my SECOND Sanzo. I was so pissed off - especially since I paid for it.

Okita is really really good. I still use her right now (though people say in JPN her skills are not as good with all the new servants). She's actually the first servant I gave all my grails to lvl 100. She's really cool, strong, and adorable. Her VA is really famous if you watch anime as well - Yuuki Aoi.

In other news, I put in $100 desperate for Musashi. She's so cool - strong and awesome design. I used 400 quartz trying to get her last year (?) in her first appearance and completely failed. I got desperate this time.... She's exclusive as well.

Here's Musashi if you want to have a look at her, also voiced by a really popular VA Ayane Sakura:
    http://fategrandorder.wikia.com/wiki/Miyamoto_Musashi

===================

Aside from getting a lot of famous VAs to do voices, FGO has lots of famous pixiv artists (Japanese deviantart except 100x better) to servants which is one of my favorite things, as who doesn't love beautiful art? Even some artists I've been following for a while have suddenly got to draw FGO servants which makes me really happy.

13. Sequence

Jul 15, 2012
    Nice, forgot I didn't cash in my Mana Prisms for the summon tickets yet, so I guess I'll save them and pray to the RNG gods for Okita when her banner is released.

14. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    Some people get SSRs on one ticket then brag about them. That could be you..

15. Misguided

Jan 27, 2009
    I'm using Okita as support some because of the event, and wow she generates crit stars like mad. I don't care about Oda so I am not buying skulls in the event. I've bought the three CEs, though, and can now focus on the ascension mats.

One thing I wanted to mention. I know a lot of people look at this game and think it is simple, but I've been playing for months and still figuring out little tricks. Yeah, it's simple, but the way various things interact lends itself to more creativity than one might think.

16. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    Okita is actually pretty OP in early FGO. It takes a while before some new servants get close to her level.

And I agree. The game isn't mindless at all. Later on it'll get trickier and you'll need to think about compositions a lot more. There's also challenge quests that are really hard even for me.

17. RedDeluxe

RedDeluxe Active Member

Nov 9, 2017
    Westcoast
    I really tried to get into this... But man I just bounce hard out of it. I want it to be my thing, but it's so grindy and simple and the story isn't very good. I'm really not sure why it's so appealing, but I acknowledge that (obviously) a ton of players love it.

18. Misguided

Jan 27, 2009
    The story is definitely not a strength so far. I've heard it gets better *shrug*. The events are getting ridiculously wacky. But it's really about the characters. I wouldn't recommend this as a game to someone that wasn't into Fate already.

Yeah, it's grindy, but I like that it doesn't dictate when I play like many games do, meaning I don't have to play within specific 1-hour windows for events or anything like that. Also, the vast majority of the fights are quite short. Also, using Emiya's UBW never gets old...unless it is used against you. And while many of the fights are trivial, some of the big ones can be pretty fun to navigate.

19. Sequence

Jul 15, 2012
    I'm kind of the opposite of one of the previous posters. I have too many social rpgs on my plate and I'm trying to trim them down, but I can't seem to drop FGO.

FGO doesn't demand your time, you don't have to run it on AFK auto for hours. (You can't even autoplay). There's events where you can grind, but they usually last 1-2 weeks and really don't have to get EVERYTHING from the event, just what you need. Events usually give out rare enhancement materials for your characters that outside of events are pretty rare so it's good to actually participate.

The upgrade system is pretty straightforward. You don't have to always have SSR characters, in fact the powercreep is kept to a minimum. You can do fine with 3*-4* characters to get through all of the content. There are OP characters, but you can just friend someone who has them and use them in your party anyway.

But if you DO want to spend money, hoo-boy. This game will destroy you if you actually want a specific SSR. The reddit is a salt mine for people who blow their life savings looking to roll for specific characters. The drop rate is pulled from the depths of hell. Good luck. Just know that the 3*-4* characters are perfectly viable which is why I spend very little on this game.

20. Misguided

Jan 27, 2009
    Very true. The cost to buy currency is so outlandish I would never do it. But there's also no need to.