Universal Fate/Grand Order (English) (by Aniplex Inc.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by L.Lawliet, Jun 25, 2017.

1. Misguided

Misguided Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2009
    Well, I've discovered there's one distinct advantage to having a 5*. People seem much more likely to accept friend requests.

2. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    He's pretty good. Honestly all the 5 stars are good. There are only a few out in JPN that are kind of terrible but in general they are all useful. Beserkers are basically glass cannons for the most part.

I can see the draw of those games but personally I like games that have more involvement. This game has no "auto" function. Later on the missions get pretty difficult and you have to strategize correctly or make a team that has good synergy. The biggest difficulty spike for me is Camelot. Also the hardest battles are usually in the special events they release for bonus prizes.

3. Milotorou

Milotorou Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2015
    No auto is a very good thing to me !

Tired of games that play themselves #

4. Pagan Fox

Pagan Fox Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2012
    Well I've upgraded my score for this game to 5 stars as the longer I play the more engrossed I am becoming.
    There is a wealth of underlying mechanics to tinker with, even equipping different craft essences can make a huge difference.
    The storyline does improve after the opening prologue, it's very surreal to be honest, which just adds to the enjoyment for me.
    I've settled on 4*Heracles and 5*Jeanne d'arc as my mains for levelling up with Mash as free support.

Heracles hits like a bus but the downside is he is squishy (Glass Cannon) however with a perfectly timed NP from Jeanne he becomes immortal for one turn and can regenerate lost HP which is why I equipped her with The Imaginary Element essence so she starts each battle with her NP gauge at 60%.

Anyway, probably boring everyone so I'll leave it at that.

Just wanted to say, if, like me, you were initially a bit hesitant about this game, give it a go and stick with it a while.
    I'm glad I did.

5. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    I'm glad you're enjoying it! I actually like reading these then I can see peoples' impressions of the game on the NA side.

Jeanne is wonderful and she'll be pretty useful throughout the entire game. One broken servant comes out that overshadows her but Jeanne still remains an amazing tank. Maybe 2 years down the road, when you get a bunch of OP servants, putting Jeanne in your backline is a great way to give yourself insurance for a victory (hopefully). I used her a lot with the difficulty spike in Camelot. And she's gorgeous! Make sure you watch Fate Apocrypha airing on Netflix soon to see more of her.

Heracles gets even better once he reaches bond 10. You can a special servant bond CE and his is considered the best of all bond CEs. "If equipped to Heracles,Revive with 500HP when defeated (3 times)." :rolleyes:

And imo, the game only gets better from here. The beginning of the game is probably the most bland of the entire game. And then I hate raids but those are only a few a year I think?

6. squashy

squashy Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2013
    *burp*
    The Garden of Sinners
    Grrrrr I'm not getting enough fp to NP5 Hans Andersen. I need his handy NP...

7. pheriannath

pheriannath Well-Known Member

Jun 9, 2012
    #207 pheriannath, Jul 8, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2017
    Speaking of hard battles, I recall having to fight against Heracles with 12 Labours. Now that was suffering.

I think the first time they were introduced was during the Onigashima event. And iirc the whales were so enthusiastic about it that the bosses just melted away within a day or two.

8. chronosz

chronosz Well-Known Member

May 24, 2016
    @Pagan. I couldnt agree more. I actually gave up my Jeanne account when I rolled Waver and Gilgamesh and havent looked back. I ascended Gil once and he is an absolute beast w/ Emiya as well. Loving this game and havent been able to put it down!!

9. Misguided

Jan 27, 2009
    So, I'm doing one of the xp missions yesterday, level 40. L43 Emiya, dead. L50 Altera, dead. L50 Martha, dead. But no problemo, bec L34 Cu can finish wave 2 and beat wave 3 (archer, berserker, caster) ALL BY HISSELF.

Just wanted to thank all the folks who have been dropping knowledge on the noobs. There are some servants whose usefulness I probably would have overlooked (e.g. Hans and Cu) without you guys.

10. Milotorou

Milotorou Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2015
    As a huge Fate fan I simply expected a fun little diversion with a bit of fanservice...

I must admit i am very impressed, lots of content, interestig story (thats a rare thing in free games) and actually fair f2p element (this seriously doesnt feel p2w at all).

I think ill be playing this for a very long time !

11. Zeillusion

Zeillusion Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2013
    So which servant should I use my ticket on? The free 4* event. I've been thinking Hercules or the archer.

12. pheriannath

Jun 9, 2012
    #212 pheriannath, Jul 9, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2017
    Great that you've witnessed firsthand how survivable Cu is! Most people would've prioritised higher star servants without a second thought.
    (My advice: start considering the usefulness of each servant's NP instead of just grabbing the servants with the highest health/attack stats. I used Mata Hari quite extensively in my early game.)

Though to be honest Emiya & Altera wouldn't have been a good match against that third wave anyway, so Cu found himself in a good place.

Sometimes it's worth it to give up on winning a hard match and just take note of the order on which enemies appear, then reorder your party for maximum effectiveness for the second attempt.

I assume you're not interested in collecting for vanity/weeb.
    Take a look at your current servant roster. Is your roster lacking in archers? Or are you prepared to take a really hard hitting glass cannon who may not survive the entire match? (That being said, Heracles lasts rather longer than his berserker peers due to his skills)

13. squashy

Jan 21, 2013
    *burp*
    The Garden of Sinners
    I don't think even whales enjoyed Rashomon.

14. Sequence

Sequence Well-Known Member

Jul 15, 2012
    #214 Sequence, Jul 9, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2017
    Awesome. Used up a summon ticket and pulled a 5* Jeanne. Now I've got a nice team of 5* Vlad, and my 4*s are Herakles, Emiya, Medea and Martha.

Time to grind to actually upgrade them. Can't believe my luck. Probably won't get another decent pull after this haha.

15. squashy

Jan 21, 2013
    *burp*
    The Garden of Sinners
    Grats, Jeanne has decent synergy with Vlad as she provides defense for the zerk and lets him make more Arts chains!

16. Misguided

Jan 27, 2009
    This is the time to do it with the event going on.

17. pheriannath

Jun 9, 2012
    Rolling a 5* servant from a YOLO ticket is really rare, and it's Jeanne to boot. Congrats!

18. Zeillusion

Zeillusion Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2013
    I got her in a random 5* pull as well! I was super excited. Did another pull for the event but no luck.

19. balefries

balefries Member

Jun 30, 2017
    Used a 10 summon and a ticket but no Gil. Curse my E-rank luck.

20. pheriannath

Jun 9, 2012
    #220 pheriannath, Jul 12, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2017
    The in-game stated probability of getting a 5* servant is 1%. Getting a single 5* servant from ten 10 summons would be normal luck.

That's why FGO in particular has a lot of emphasis on making lower tier servants effective by strategic use of skills and craft essences (as opposed to simply powerhousing your way through with high-star, high-stat characters).

I recommend to try finding friends to cover for lack of gacha luck...especially now, before the luckier players completely fill up their friends list.