iPhone Fastar! (by Cat in a Box Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Jul 29, 2010.

1. LKR

LKR Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2009
    Earth
    Jesus Christ, man, it's $ 0.99.

2. The Bat Outta Hell

The Bat Outta Hell Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Mar 10, 2009
    Hat Salesman
    Washington
    lolololololo-

3. Sambo110

Sambo110 Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2008
    Australia
    zomg, racist!!! Ban it!

4. hbernritter

hbernritter Well-Known Member

Jul 15, 2010
    Inventory/Marketing Manager
    Toledo, OH
    Just saw this was out and bought, but i'm at work till 5 so i have a LONG day ahead of me :(

5. Eng

Eng Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2008
    #125 Eng, Jul 30, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2010
    Soooo...erm...is an iPad resolution version/update on the cards?
    I just got it and it's great, but it would be nice to have it in all it's HD glory on the ol' pad.

OK, i just fullforced it, the menus all work fine and adjust themselves to the right size and everything.
    In game, the on screen controls adjust to be at the bottom of the screen at the correct size. However, the action is displayed in the top half of the screen, with the bottom half blacked out other than controls, also enemies pop in where the iphones screen would start, rather than appearing at the edge of wider view that fullforce gives the game.

6. ThatRevChap

ThatRevChap Well-Known Member

Jul 15, 2009
    I'm also having problems getting my Arena mode scores to post.

7. hbernritter

Jul 15, 2010
    Toledo, OH
    AHAHAHA, but seriously, he's right. When I first joined up with TA the draw was def. promo codes but I will ALWAYS buy the game if Its good and NEVER ask for a code if they are not offered or the list of them is gone.

8. LKR

LKR Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2009
    Earth
    Nope, he's wrong. He's so wrong it hurts. Look, there's absolutely nothing wrong with using promo codes if the dev offers them, but asking for a code on a $ 0.99 game because you've just spent $ 60 on somebody else's game is just insulting. If you don't have $ 0.99, either get a job, go pester your parents or just plain shut the hell up and go play RDR. Geez.

On another note, this game here is amazingly addictive. I can hardly put it down.

9. Chumbake

Chumbake Well-Known Member

I'm loving this game. It's great! Well worth the $.99!

10. hbernritter

Jul 15, 2010
    Toledo, OH
    I'm sorry LKR, you misunderstood. I was saying you are right, as was the basis of the rest of my comment, sorry didn't explain myself properly

11. LKR

LKR Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2009
    Earth

Oopsies, sorry about that. Seems I was a bit distracted by a certain game... :)
    Nice to see we agree. ;)

12. Hitch

Hitch Well-Known Member

Jun 29, 2009
    The Lonely Island
    Ok, only thing this game needs is for you to earn money that you keep after the round, then a store where you can buy new clothes, hair, and swords. Only for show though, no added boosts.
    I just wanna dress him up to look even cooler!

13. LKR

LKR Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2009
    Earth

That would be extremely excellent.

14. Kaos999

Kaos999 Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2010
    Australia
    A square just set itself on fire and proceeded to stomp on me, doing extra damage. This game is AWESOME.

15. Drucifer

Drucifer Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2010
    Canada
    Purchased this when it hit the app store but didn't bother to come and post telling others to get it because there is already tons of praise in this thread.

I'm do want to say though that the game is well worth the price, don't let the screen shots fool you. :D

16. jakooistra

jakooistra Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2009
    Video Game Designer
    Canada
    You jerk! you managed to beat me in Yellow Hell by one lousy game tick, 33 milliseconds. How do you beat someone by 33 milliseconds in a game that takes almost 5 minutes?? (300,000 milliseconds)

You're still #1 there, but I feel like it should be called a tie... rrrrrr... I'm going to have to try harder, I guess. :p

yeah, I don't know what he means when he says it has "no style", in my opinion (unbiased opinion, I'm only the developer, after all) - Fastar had tons of style, pastel-hand-drawn color scheme, cartoony in its own way, rough-edges (which are hard to do! the font alone has three separate hand-drawn characters for each letter, and three more for each capital, just to make it look hand-drawn and not the same all the time), and it just radiates "style" to me...

But maybe that's because I appreciate Henry's art style, after years of seeing him doodle, and finally putting it into a complete product just thrills me. :)

17. jakooistra

jakooistra Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2009
    Video Game Designer
    Canada
    I like it when squares set me on fire, and I just run into them (setting them on fire), because then I can do more damage to them! :)

And yeah, the first time a square set itself on fire and charged at me, I was almost on the floor laughing, it caught me by surprise!

18. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    It's also against the forum rules. ;)

19. LKR

LKR Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2009
    Earth
    Don't even bother thinking about it — the game looks great.
    :D

20. Crazy_Possum

Crazy_Possum Well-Known Member

This. Is. Awesome. Not that that hasn't been said a couple times already.:rolleyes:
    I really like the random option and the little quips that pop up at the bottom of the screen.
    Jakooistra, do you have any experience with coding online games? I see this as huge if it got on Newgrounds.