iPad Fast and Furious vs Ferrari GT

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by wildmatt, Jan 10, 2009.

1. wildmatt

wildmatt Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2009
    Hi I was just wondering which is the best racing game, they are now both $5.99, which made my decision way harder. :p

2. yourofl10

yourofl10 Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2008
    maybe wait for need for speed?

3. Fubit86

Fubit86 Well-Known Member

Sep 27, 2008
    STUDENT
    Seattle, WA
    FASTLANE!!!!! if you don't like tilting it to steer though then get Ferrari; that has different control options

4. salsamd

salsamd Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 1, 2008
    San Francisco, CA
  5. wildmatt

Jan 10, 2009
    I have Fastlane, I was wondering between these 2 titles.

6. Lombardo

Lombardo Well-Known Member

Id say Ferrari but then again ive never played fast and furious

7. spiffyone

spiffyone Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2008
    The thing is that not a lot of people here have actually played Fast and the Furious. I have. And it really is a hidden gem in the app store. Fastlane and Ferrari GT get a lot of mentions, but Fast and the Furious doesn't for that reason mainly.

If I had to choose either, I'd go with Ferrari GT, as you don't know how long the sale will actually last (if it isn't the new price). It's the deeper of the two. Pink Slip (F&F) only uses the accelerometer, which, IMHO is the best control for racers on the device, but it doesn't have options for touch steering like GT does. Also, it's auto acceleration, so it's mainly a pure arcade racer.

That said, Pink Slip has very different types of races (drag, street racing, rally, cop chase), whereas GT is a strict lap racer.

Yeah...go with GT for now, then in a few weeks if you want another racer, grab Pink Slip. That is, of course, if you don't already have Fastlane, which is better than both.

8. spiffyone

spiffyone Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2008
    Also, you should note that some here have issues, legit issues, with the controls in Ferrari GT. The steering is a bit stiff. It's way better than Asphalt though, so that's a blessing.

Pink Slip has smooth as friggin' butta steering. Then again, it better, as it is a pure arcade racer.

9. pante

pante Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2009
    somewhere
    what a day... it's just another thread which "car game" is the best.
    you can choose one by finding what was already said here about them + some videos on youtube.

10. wildmatt

Jan 10, 2009
    What? Another argh this sorta topic post? Again seriously?

Anyways yeah I got Ferrari GT, the tilt controls are bad... :p, but with the touch it's an alright game, kinda weak though.