Universal Farm Punks (by Sleeping Giant/Noodlecake)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Aug 21, 2019.

1. EmilianoDTH

EmilianoDTH Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2019
    Male
    Update didn’t fix the issue. I still have 2 different profiles in my iphone and my ipad.

It seens gamecenter is only used for achievements and leaderboarda. No sync progression across devices.

What a shame. Uninstalled it.

2. savedmanallos@gmail.com

Apr 25, 2014
    The same crashing issue experienced before rolling after the update.

3. RedThumb

RedThumb Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2016
    The update worked for me and I can play now.

However, after 30 minutes or so, I don't see where the fun is supposed to be?

Roll down fruit, upgrade tree or buy new one, roll some more, rinse and repeat. Is that all it is?
    I don't want to be a hater, it just seems to be more of the same?

Or am I missing something?
    "Collecting" fruit is not enough to keep me playing.

4. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    I see where you are coming from, but for me this type of game is perfect for short-burst play sessions. Perhaps your mistake is playing it for 30 mins straight ;).

I do have to say, though, that i’m actually enjoying the gameplay, not just the collection aspect. There is some skill involved in getting a long run — not just avoiding obstacles, but taking advantage of the environment to get a leg up. And the art is delightful. For me, sometimes that’s enough to keep me playing.

5. EmilianoDTH

EmilianoDTH Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2019
    Male
    I had full expectations on this game. But the release seems to be rushed. Despite being released like 2 months later.

- No gamecenter progression saving, which is essential. You change your phone, you switch to ipad, you lose all progress.
    - Really poorly optimized, it has several ‘hic ups’ that affects gameplay. In lower end devices such as ipad mini 4 its pretty noticiable.
    - Full of bugs and crashes

Its a shame, as the game mechanics are quite fun, but im really surprised Noodlecake Studios published a game with these major flaws from the beginning.