Universal Fantasy War Tactics (by NEXON Company)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by TouchArcade Bot, Nov 5, 2015.

1. Elunix

Elunix Member

Jan 26, 2015
    1) The only way I think you can do this is to re-arrange your party beforehand, setting the character you want to move first in the #1 position and so-on. You can't change it up mid-map, and I think PvP also has its own timing (maybe based on character power level?).

2) You can move and attack, but not attack and move. Using a basic attack or skill will automatically end your turn.

3) It's just the blue bar on a map to my knowledge, which doesn't make much sense now that I think about it. You can see the total MP stats of your characters out of battle though.

This a really good SRPG for an F2P - haven't really seen a paywall, more important than anything though is to just manage the free crystals the game gives you wisely. I didn't do this and I'm kicking myself now cause I have these more or less obsolete 1* sets/uniques but yeah. Live and learn I guess. From what I hear, crystals should go into A) leveling expedition to Lv. 4 to launch more than one at once, and B) a costume for your hero (the Black Magician one is apparently the best). People also say adding friend slots is good for more hearts.

Just read over the post above me and it looks like they're making it a bit easier to get your characters too, which is fantastic.

IGN is Elunix, feel free to add me though admittedly I don't have many spots left at the moment. My highest is a 2* Kai at 36, though I have my Carrot as my Mercenary just cause I think she's a bit more useful in a backup situation.

2. maxbrickem

maxbrickem Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2009
    Thank you very much! I am still learning much but it's fun. I'll add you so I hope you have room. My IGN is Filipe

3. rangent

rangent Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2009
    The battle mode seems really tough.

4. Poo

Poo Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2013
    My IGN is Bussy

Add me I have lots of room

5. rangent

Jul 3, 2009
    #45 rangent, Nov 12, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2015
    Anyone figure out how to get Mas? I've completed both the normal and hard mode missions (apparently no sequences required) so I thought I would have unlocked him now?

6. CoreyFox

CoreyFox Well-Known Member

Jul 4, 2015
    Well then, all you have to do is complete the 'Scenario' directly after 3-4.. :)

7. rangent

Jul 3, 2009
    :eek: Yup... well, now he has 8 sequences to work with. :)

8. C.Hannum

C.Hannum Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2011
    New York State
    This game is hitting on all cylinders for me so far. Not doing anything particularly new, but doing it very well. I'm just over half done with the Company region so far. If anyone is need of another friend, send me an invite at "ChipH1970"

9. Laire

Laire Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2012
    Overworked Graphic Designer :)
    I'm a bit late to the dance getting started at this game, but I'm liking it because I'm not getting that usual "if you weren't part of the beta test and can't commit to at least an hour of daily play don't bother trying" feel.

10. yorrick

yorrick Well-Known Member

Oct 29, 2009
    Sydney, Australia
    Hi there - I can't find any of the listed call signs on the server.
    I am on the global server under the ID "Tevion"

11. rangent

Jul 3, 2009
    Do we have a TouchArcade guild setup yet?

12. rangent

Jul 3, 2009
    Didn't look like it. I created a "TouchArcade" guild for anyone that wants to join!

13. C.Hannum

C.Hannum Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2011
    New York State
    Heh, I almost created one earlier yesterday well before you but considered the rather deceased state of this thread and figured my 300K gold was best spent elsewhere. Judging by the whopping 2 members so far (you included), don't think I was wrong.

This board's populace is fickle as heck when it comes to free to play games. Last time I was involved with this situation was Battle Camp. I wound up inheriting the Touch Arcade troop after the founder abandoned it 2 weeks after launch. I turned it into a consistently top 500 troop, had a blast, and ran it for close to 2 years before burn out drove me away. Problem was that I was the *only* person with any connection to TA at any point in the troop's history after those first few weeks.

This is hands down my favorite mobile game of the past couple of years (and, yes, playing Crashlands ;)), but it has had zero traction on TA. This in spite of top notch game design, actual challenge, very fair free to play* system, and communicative and responsive developers. Meanwhile, Rise of Heroes, a very pedestrian game in the broader genre, has over 1500 replies in its thread based as far as I can tell on the warm fuzzies the masses have for the developer, who is active on the TA boards.

-----

Just to put into perspective how fair the system is:

I'm on day 90 of playing the game today.

The only IAP I've purchased is the monthly card 3X (will re-up in a few days when the 3rd card expires), so $12 since they offer it at 50% off the first time for new players.

With just that $12 in IAP plus what gems you earn in the game, I've:

- Maxed out the expedition system at L10 (2445 gems total)
    - Maxed out the purchasable Lord Mastery points (7000 gems total)
    - Expanded friends list to 75 (~300 gems)
    - Expanded equipment inventory to 100 slots (~200 gems)
    - Purchased the Black Magic Lord costume (800 gems on sale when I got it)
    - 10X L4 Black Coocoo equipment pulls (1050 gems)
    - 13X Energy refills during the triple Lost Island weekend event last weekend (390 gems)

And I'm currently sitting on 2,411 gems. So, by the whale standards of instant gratification, I've spent nearly $350 worth of IAP and am sitting on a gem reservoir worth another $67. Not bad for only costing me $12 :)

Really, the only true P2W aspect to this game is in the items sets, and the only thing that does is let you place in the top ranks of the Battle of Honor ladder. Yes, those players have spent hundreds to thousands of dollars on the game, but the only thing I'm missing out not blowing that kind of stupid money is slower progression/unlocking the whopping two Battle of Honor characters. As it is, I've been playing since week one on the Global server and I consistently place in (or just outside) the top 5%, and with that I've unlocked Nox. I am well on my way to maxing his skills with what I win each season (week) and the perfect genes from the Tower of Dawn dungeon.

Everything else, especially the main draw, the characters, is based on just playing the game.

14. FiloMJ

FiloMJ Well-Known Member

May 16, 2015
    Male
    This is not bad at all...

15. forsakenxe

forsakenxe Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2014
    Cool review on the f2p aspect! How difficult is the later part of the game? Early impressions were, that the game is too easy, what would you say? Thanks!

16. ScotDamn

ScotDamn Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jul 8, 2013
    Wireless Sales
    Happy Daddy
    #56 ScotDamn, Jun 19, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2016
    Thank you

Seriously thank you for your recommendation. And thank you to the contributors of the thread.

I passed this one up because it was too easy to do so. BUT... destiny said NO you will cross paths! I'm thrilled I did because this is t your typical f2p iOS SRPG. The writing is actually fun to read. The graphics and UI are wonderful. There's even tactics, guys! :)

True I've only played about an hour but here's to being optimistic. At least usually I'm no where near as impressed with 90% of the other iOS SRPG this far in so that's something I suppose.

17. RinoaHeartily

RinoaHeartily Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2010
    Can someone explain to me under the equipment panel what's are those I II III etc. What do they mean?