Universal Fantasy War Tactics (by NEXON Company)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by TouchArcade Bot, Nov 5, 2015.

1. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    There's actually quite a bit if you look hard enough. The best one is definitely Final Fantasy Tactics. It's punishing and time consuming but it's very much worth the effort. Amazing story, graphics, and gameplay. I think it's the best SRPG ever made.

Unfortunately the spiritual successor on Kickstarter I backed looks like a flop..

2. Bloodangel

Bloodangel Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2011
    Retail
    England
    Fallout coming to mobile?

3. ScotDamn

ScotDamn Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jul 8, 2013
    Wireless Sales
    Happy Daddy
    #23 ScotDamn, Nov 7, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2015
    Templar Battleforce is excellent, you should get that if you haven't, like yesterday! Also Tactics Maiden! Both have story, but not driven by it though.

4. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    No its Fallout 4 and I am absolutely besides myself waiting for it!

5. geidsvig

geidsvig New Member

Dec 7, 2011
    Graphics are great. Story is funny, but I had a lot of WTF moments. I agree with the cat...
    Game is too automated for me. You can win by spamming the attack buttons. Movement and attack done for you... 30min in and ready to delete. Was soooo hoping for something more involved because the production value was so high...

6. ScotDamn

ScotDamn Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jul 8, 2013
    Wireless Sales
    Happy Daddy
    I feel exactly the same. I was hoping it would get more difficult/ more involved... Maybe it does?

7. RinoaHeartily

RinoaHeartily Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2010
    I hope they bring fallout 4 to ios so those suckers who bought the 16gb version of iphone will feel stupid.

8. RinoaHeartily

RinoaHeartily Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2010
    I agree with you wholeheartedly.. People who play mobile games don't have social life and friends.. What friends..

9. Based Xatu

Based Xatu Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2013
    I don't know what's dumber-- buying a 128 GB iPhone and filling it with games you'll never touch, or your statement about FO4 coming to mobile.

10. Spartyfan6262

Spartyfan6262 Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2015

I'd recommend checking out Templar Battleforce too.

11. kenken11

kenken11 Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2012
    Add me guys.

Global Server: FanAngeL

Don't bother playing Asian Server, all flooded with Chinese and Korean weird characters names lol.

12. CoreyFox

CoreyFox Well-Known Member

Jul 4, 2015
    #32 CoreyFox, Nov 7, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2015
    I am having a lot of fun with this one.. There is a strong player base for this game already. It is a typical ftp mmo in many ways, so that has to appeal to you in some manner.

Devs are communicating and working hard to keep the game going smoothly. They effectively rushed in a patch last night for a fix that had temporally broke the game from a monetizing standpoint, so thats good.. Speaking of which, the noob pack is only $2.00 and will get you off to a good start..

The beginning characters are great, and there are 50 more characters to collect that can all be had by completing the storyline.. The story is done very well, and seems to be moderately deep and interesting.. There are 120 cut scenes that can be unlocked in the "storybook"..

- Story Mode includes 12 regions and 180 dungeons (max of 500 dungeons if you include easy, normal, hard, hell modes)..
    - Daily dungeons
    - PvP
    - lots of good weapons, gear, and evo materials..

13. maxbrickem

maxbrickem Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2009
    Is there anyway to move out of order? For example, can I make the "fourth" guy move first and then the first? Or is the order always set in stone? Also can you move and then attack, or attack and then move away afterwards like FFT? Is there any place to see a numerical value for mana or is it just the blue bar?
    Those are all questions I've had while playing- I am at the second area level 25 so far. It's fun, but would be much more fun if I had more control over the battle like FFT regarding my earlier questions. thanks for future answers :)

14. Enker

Enker Well-Known Member

May 15, 2014
    I'm still trying out to work out how to recruit monsters - I have monster 'materials' but using them just sends me to the dungeon level where they can be found and nothing happens in that battle to gain one when I play it.

Love the game though - it's Disgaea levels of quality.

15. CoreyFox

CoreyFox Well-Known Member

Jul 4, 2015
    If you want to recruit Big Shot Carrot, for example.. She needs six gene fragments for recruitment.. You just go to where she can be found, which is Tezen-4, and play the "hard" mode. Her fragments will drop.. You get a limited number of daily runs on any given dungeon that drops fragments..

16. Praetorian

Praetorian Member

Aug 11, 2015
    Wow this surprisingly good game just came out of nowhere. I highly recommend trying it out

17. Bone16

Bone16 Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2012
    Lovin the story and the tactics so far#.
    Add me: BIGGESTB0ner (cause everyone needs some B0ner in their lives#

18. rangent

rangent Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2009
    I am absolutely having a blast with this game! Please add me: Brizzle

19. BlazeLee

BlazeLee Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2010
    singapore
    Love this game! Kinda like disgaea graphics.
    Ign: KingAbuse

20. Gilgilad

Gilgilad Well-Known Member

May 15, 2013
    #40 Gilgilad, Nov 9, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2015
    New patch notes are up for maintenance tomorrow. Looks like they are going to make the game a lot less grindy. Looks good.

https://m.nexon.com/forum/thread/1365-Patch-Note---1110(Tue)

Highlights:
    1. Energy timer going from 7 mins to 4 mins.
    2. Free energy flask giving 50 energy instead of 20.
    3. Gene requirements for gaining all Heroes greatly reduced.
    4. 2 Star Hero rebirth takes less mats.