Universal Fantasy Maze (by Jacek Zawadzki)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by MiniatureWorlds, Mar 25, 2018.

1. dbagga84

dbagga84 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2013
    I spent a little time with it. It’s interesting to say the least. I like the little pictorial instructions except I really didn’t understand them lol but I sense as you play and figure things out they’ll make more sense. I like the little piggie that helps kill enemies, since it almost feels like when I attack it doesn’t do much of anything but that piggie kicks ass. Plus it seems a lot easier to refill it’s action count then yours as so far all I’ve seen is bread that refills it and it’s been pretty rare, but the meat for the pig is fairly common. It is kind of frustrating how every single thing you do takes away from the count including refilling it and saving. There should definitely be some kind of tutorial in the game at first , with words, at least with a quick and basic way things work and what to do. I haven’t figured out what those potions are for, I can’t use em so, what’s up? Lol. I’d definitely recommend this to someone who 1. Wants a time waster, 2. Doesn’t like tutorials, 3. Like the whole pixel art thing, and 4. Wants something fairly challenging and makes ya think about your actions before you do anything.
    The controls are a bit off, sometimes you move kinda smoothly but then sometimes you’re pushing it and you’re like “move dammit!” I suggest maybe making a virtual thumbstick with 360 degree turn like on a console controller where you can just slide around to move. Might make things a little more responsive. The arrow and X button seem to work ok though but I’d almost be happier if they were just marked A and B instead . Or side by side where the right button is attack/action and left is pick up? Something like that. Anyways keep up the good work, I’ll keep checking things out, and congrats on releasing the game.

2. MiniatureWorlds

Jun 7, 2017
    dbagga84 thank you very much for your interesting observations!

This is an example of the use of this potion.

3. deresi

deresi Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2018
    #23 deresi, Apr 7, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2018
    This game is interesting. The controls seem a little uncomfortable. But if MFI is supported, it would be nice. Dev, Would you like to improve your game control? Even if the users do not know about the game, if the control is smooth, it is fun to play it by itself.

But the game itself seems to have more variety of activities than I think.

This is my first impression of this game. I'll play it a little more. :)

4. MiniatureWorlds

Jun 7, 2017
    Thank you for your advice. I'm going to try to improve the game control.

When it comes to MFI, it is not supported. I hadn't thought about it. :) But in fact, for Fantasy Maze, that has "classical" control, MFI is a good idea.
    By the way, I wonder, how popular are MFi game controllers?

5. deresi

deresi Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2018
    #25 deresi, Apr 8, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2018
    Time has passed, but maybe this TouchArcade article will help you. :)

http://toucharcade.com/2015/07/03/which-mfi-iphone-game-controller-should-you-buy/

And..The following discussions may also help...

http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=274548

http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=296424

6. MiniatureWorlds

Jun 7, 2017
    I thought I could show a map of the whole maze. This map will be added to Fantasy Maze.

Attached Files:

7. nyanpass

nyanpass Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2017
    It looks like the game is steadily improving. :D