Fantasy Mage (by Illogical Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by IllogicalGames, Feb 16, 2016.

1. Unstablefan

Unstablefan Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Feb 22, 2013
    This is why I asked about Battleheart Legacy - it used tap movement and worked great.

Anyone?

2. Scottlarsen

Scottlarsen Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2009
    It does control very similar. Not as fluid, but very serviceable.

3. IllogicalGames

IllogicalGames Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2014
    that would be great addition to an update. thanks for your feedback!

yes this available on pc and mac as well. you can download the pc version from windows store, or mac through our indiegamestand widget at our site www.illogicalgames.com

i thought battleheart control system uses tap and drag. im not sure about battleheart legacy. and yes, the control system has its own fan. what do you think @Unstablefan ? do you like the dual stick or tap to move?

i see a lot of people requesting about the dual stick control. i will research into this more.

4. IllogicalGames

Dec 4, 2014
    HI i understand your frustration. im sorry that the game did not come up to your expectation. i hope i could do better next time. this is my first attempt to make a serious game. and i promise i will keep on improving my game development skill to keep producing more great games in the future. for now, i thank you for your support. because of you i can keep progressing to learn and improving my game dev skill for future games.

5. Scottlarsen

Scottlarsen Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2009
    The tap system fits well with this game. It frees up one thumb so that you can quickly change elements during combat. Can't see it working with a dual stick configuration as individual enemies in groups can each have a different elemental weakness that requires quickly switching elements to exploit.

6. jn2002dk

jn2002dk Well-Known Member

May 22, 2009
    Denmark
    I agree with this

I like this game. Sure, it has some rough edges but once you get the hang of it, it's a lot of fun

I would like an auto target function if you have no target and is hurt by an enemy but maybe that's just me

Keep up the good work

7. WaveLightGames

WaveLightGames Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Nov 21, 2014
    IT / Finance Manager
    Toronto, Canada
    Finally got around to playing this on the weekend. It's good fun once you get used to the controls. I think tap to move works nicely because you need to keep switching attack types.

Any plans from an update perspective? New characters or levels via iap?

8. IllogicalGames

Dec 4, 2014
    Hi @waveLightGames im glad that you liked the control type. yes the control could take some time to get use to. i dont have any plan to update yet but if an update is coming, im planning to upgrade the overall ui and add some fancy new spells and gears.

9. IllogicalGames

Dec 4, 2014
    check out the game now price drop to 0.99 for a limited time

10. Repulsa

Repulsa Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2015
    I really love this game... Still playing it and thinking its great. Don't listen to the haters ...these are people with such high standards, nothing game wise will make them happy. They need to go play consoles and just stay away from the wide world of flawed but wonderful , far from perfect but fun to play games that exist for mobile

11. IllogicalGames

Dec 4, 2014
    Hey thanks Repulsa!

12. Repulsa

Jul 3, 2015
    You're welcome :)

13. Repulsa

Jul 3, 2015
    Just curious but it seems like the version of this game I purchased was pulled from the App Store and replaced with a new version. I really hate that. Why not just update the game?

14. IllogicalGames

Dec 4, 2014
    Hi, we had to remove the current app from sale because of copyright issue and submit a new one. sorry for the inconvenient. i will send you a promo code you can use to redeem the new version. check your inbox

15. stubbieoz

stubbieoz Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    Well it seems the new version is no longer available in the Aussie App store.
    At least I can still play the old version.