Out Now Fantasian (by Mistwalker)

Discussion in 'Apple Arcade' started by Boardumb, Sep 19, 2019.

1. ImLegend

ImLegend Well-Known Member

Jun 26, 2010

2. Alkaline Trio

Alkaline Trio Member

Feb 21, 2010
    anyone played the 2nd part now?
    the quest driven, how was it?

3. siroja

siroja New Member

Aug 14, 2021
    Male
    #63 siroja, Aug 14, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2021
    Installed update, teleported to Cid's bar at En, then tried to pay a visit to Owen, and go about the world in general, game keeps turning into BLACK SCREEN. Sounds during black screen suggest that the game is not frozen, but wtf it is BLACK SCREEN and that just makes playing impossible. Excitement was short lived. Humongous MEH so far. Seems like version 2.0 means "NOT YET PLAYABLE", and we are up to wait for the update to fix inhumane glitches. @Hironobu Sakaguchi, what did you do there with your Part II ??? Fix it! That's not funny.

4. Tef

Tef Member

Oct 3, 2019
    Male
    is 2.0 the end of the story? or there,s a 3.0 coming? I'm waiting for the whole story to be done before jumping in

5. Solarclipse

Solarclipse Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2012
    This is the second half, so this completes the game.

about the black screeen, you may have tried this but a few suggestions: try offloading and reloading/reinstalling, turning the iPad off and back in before playing. It’s working for me on my iPad Air 2nd Generation.

siroja likes this.
  6. alphaonethree

alphaonethree Member

Jan 31, 2020
    Male
    Yeah the black-screen issue happens to me as well. The problem is, it happens randomly and there is no way of knowing whether you'll get the bug in the next loading screen/area. My suggestion: save often, at least until the next update.

I also noticed some random slowdown in some of the cutscenes (I'm using iPhone 7 plus, so maybe a little outdated in terms of hardware).

siroja likes this.
  7. Alkaline Trio

Alkaline Trio Member

Feb 21, 2010

I'm past that black screen
    currently taking a quest about bird or something....

siroja likes this.
  8. siroja

siroja New Member

Aug 14, 2021
    Male
    Thank you for all responses, yes it happens occasionally and randomly, so saving often definitely is a workaround, and now it seems as a minor issue to me, hopefully it will be fixed in coming updates, I wrote about it in AppStore review, so Mistwalker team likely will be aware and work on that. So yeah, game goes. The bosses can be real pain, they all tend to turn on GOD mode half way down their HP bars. Can be quite challenging, for those who are like me can sometimes be disheartened after numerous attempts to beat bosses without success... don't give up trying different solutions, which very well may include putting unbeatable at the moment boss on a shelf, and exploring elsewhere. Namaste and good luck in your battles!)

ImLegend and Alkaline Trio like this.
  9. Alkaline Trio

Alkaline Trio Member

Feb 21, 2010
    yeah bosses here can be a real pain....
    even like me who usually try to the same pattern against many enemies, haha

10. ImLegend

Jun 26, 2010
  11. Alkaline Trio

Alkaline Trio Member

Feb 21, 2010
    ImLegend likes this.
  12. ImLegend

Jun 26, 2010
    Defeat Jas and I’m done:

great game and look forward for VOID realm open in part 3

13. kozz84

kozz84 Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2012
    I watched couple of Fantasian reviews and all of them praised part 1. However it seems like they dropped the ball in part II and the game is infamously difficult.

Is it true? Do it turn into the most difficult rpgs ever made?

Did any of the updates addressed that issue?

Also how does the game compare to other modern/retro rpg like Bravely Default, Octopath Traveler, dq 11 (2d version) etc.

14. Skall

Skall Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2009
    It is indeed super difficult in part 2 hence I just gave up. And no idea if any adjustments have been made since then

15. Rocco SE

Rocco SE Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2020
    Male
    Modern Mime Artist
    Austria
    Same here. While I loooved the first half of the game, I couldn‘t get into the second and quickly dropped the game. Which is super sad. I wish they would have simply continued the dense first bit.