Out Now Fantasian (by Mistwalker)

Discussion in 'Apple Arcade' started by Boardumb, Sep 19, 2019.

1. Ghostdog1

Ghostdog1 Well-Known Member

Jan 30, 2015
    #41 Ghostdog1, Apr 6, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2021
    This is the greatest game ever released on Apple Arcade. Its an magnificent Tripple A game. Beautiful animations and design and a touching score.
    I lost interest in JRPGs with all the last Square Enix games that were just remakes. (They are not bad, but miss heart.) But Fantasia is just awesome. The world is so immersive and filled with details, its breathtaking.

For some time i thought Apple Arcade is going the wrong way, but with exklusiv titles like Fantasia they will win big on the App Market. Also the just started release of award winning classic games on Apple Arcade is superb.

yankeeblue000 and Kevo like this.
  2. Kevo

Kevo New Member

Apr 6, 2021
    I just hit the 'End of part 1' screen. At that point you can't continue playing/levelling up

3. Stronsay

Stronsay Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2015
    Interesting. What level did you reach before game ended?

4. Kevo

Kevo New Member

Apr 6, 2021
    33 with the main character

5. Stronsay

Stronsay Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2015
    Thanks. Useful to know. I’ve got some way to go yet.

6. Unknown_user

Unknown_user New Member

Dec 27, 2014
    You can still level up. Max is 35.

After the credit rolls, the game will return you to the last save point.

Only content left for you now is that special encounter pot.
    2 more poison nulls for the boss(es?)

7. tinkie277

tinkie277 Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2013
    Male
    Street Cleaner
    Scunthorpe, United Kingdom
    I have been hammering this game too. About time we had a title this good!

8. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    Haven’t had a chance to get started with this, but my 14 year-old had been obsessed with it and I’m looking forward to getting started.

For now, through, and I am more than amused by the reaction of self-identified “gamers” to this and World of Demons — almost like it’s a personal affront to them that the games are 1) exclusive to Apple devices and 2) on mobile platforms. It’s almost that we don’t “deserve” games by Platinum or Mistwalker, or at least before they are properly released on PCs and consoles. In fact, they think that “nobody” will play them and that the developers are foolish for putting them on Apple Arcade (never mind the fact that Apple most likely cut them a very fat check for the privilege).

Not saying that exclusivity is a good thing, but by their measure, you’d think “gamers” would be up in arms about having to buy a Sony or Nintendo console to play some of the best games of this generation. Seems to me that it’s less egregious to put a game on a 1+ billion unit platform and charging essentially nothing to access them. But maybe I’m just funny in the head.

yankeeblue000 likes this.
  9. tinkie277

Jul 11, 2013
    Male
    Street Cleaner
    I think you make some interesting points. I think as Apple Arcade matures, we will start to see more competitive devices being released, such as bundles of Apple TV's with controllers etc...

Apple have a virtually bottomless pocket and I can see them heavily investing into this service, especially as developers start to see their returns on the games they are releasing. So hopefully we will start to see more exclusives.

Us as gamers are winning though, because we get the games without the IAP and a huge library to choose from, which is expanding fast.

I want to see Team 17 release a 'proper' Worms game, I want to see Feral maybe jump on board in the future, Sega to get some more of their titles back on, dare I say 2k to possibly bring back titles such as Bioshock? AA has so much potential!

Alex DeLargest likes this.
  10. Alex DeLargest

Alex DeLargest Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2010
    Male
    USA/France
    Man, this game starts sloooooow. Please tell me it picks up speed and has options to increase the battle speed.

11. tinkie277

Jul 11, 2013
    Male
    Street Cleaner
    I wonder, if you don't like it so early on, it might not be a game for you. There is an option to 'bank' the battles up until you have 30 monsters to defeat at once, when you get further into the game.

12. squarezero

squarezero Moderator

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    That’s funny. My 14 year old has no problem with the pace of the game. He’s more mature than I thought.

13. Alex DeLargest

Alex DeLargest Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2010
    Male
    USA/France
    Oh, I typically have all sorts of patience for slow JRPGs. Something about this one is just rubbing me the wrong way. I dunno, can’t really explain it but the tutorial presentation isn’t working for me.

14. vonknut

vonknut Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2013
    I must agree on the very slow and boring tutorial.
    Then when you get to the village it seems to open up - initially. But it is very much an illusion unfortunately.

I am several hours in - at Venice.
    so far 0 story choices, 0 ‘where to go’ choices and 0 character development choice (you level up automatically, no choices in skill or stats).
    And in the shops there is a very tiny amount of item variety.
    The battles so far has all been really easy, apart from 3, where the difficulty took a giant spike (worm on the ship and 2 on the Venice pier at arrival).

So I am really confused.
    Is this it? (If so, then its really not for me and I will go to baldurs gate 2).
    Or does it get better?
    - and in what way?

15. tinkie277

Jul 11, 2013
    Male
    Street Cleaner
    It doesn’t sound like your kind of game… I absolutely love it, very fun. It’s supposed to be slow paced as a turn taking RPG with a strong story line.

I have found parts very difficult and had to repeat some battles.

Have you tried Oceanhorn 2? That’s a little more ‘action’ based.

16. agreen437

agreen437 Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2014
    I agree Oceanhorn 2 is excellent for you

17. vonknut

vonknut Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2013
    I actually completed oceanhorn1, but the sequel never catched me.

I actually played a lot of old-school and modern rpg’s (baldurs gate, torment, fallout, divinity etc).
    But I guess there is a very big difference to western rpgs and jrpg’s.

Maybe I will go back to Atom Rpg - the totally opposite of phantasian

18. squarezero

squarezero Moderator

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    “But I guess there is a very big difference to western rpgs and jrpg’s.”

Ding, ding, ding!

19. tinkie277

Jul 11, 2013
    Male
    Street Cleaner
    Just going along with the Oceanhorn 1 isometric style, have you tried Wonderbox? There is also Wonderworlds, which is a little bit (little big planet)ish, but had the benefits of an isometric style. These might be far from what you enjoy, but I thought they might be worth a look for you. Wonderbox is Apple Arcade and the WonderWorlds is a demo with an IAP to purchase the full title.

20. tinkie277

Jul 11, 2013
    Male
    Street Cleaner
    Vam is driving me insane at the end of part 1, has anyone got any ideas, how to easily defeat him? I am destroying the swords when they are summoned, but I am being killed relatively easily.