Out Now Fantasian (by Mistwalker)

Discussion in 'Apple Arcade' started by Boardumb, Sep 19, 2019.

1. Mike Kurrle

Mike Kurrle Active Member

Sep 18, 2019
    Male
    April fools?!

2. agreen437

agreen437 Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2014
    April fools?

3. agreen437

Jun 12, 2014
    Ok cool gotcha

4. Stronsay

Stronsay Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2015
    I’m confused. Is this in process of being released or not?

5. agreen437

Jun 12, 2014
    In the process

6. DonnyDJ76

DonnyDJ76 Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2011
    Male
    Teacher
    Hackensack, NJ
    This was pushed back in the US to July.

7. agreen437

Jun 12, 2014
    He’s joking it’s out

8. oh god...the game is beautiful and the gameplay really follows the classic jrpg roots. 1hr into the game and so far really loved it!

DarthTigger likes this.
  9. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    I'm so jealous you people get to play this. I still won't get an Apple Arcade sub but they do have some incredible games like this one.

10. Stronsay

Stronsay Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2015
    Ok, not a joke then, Fantasian arrived here this morning :)
    Seems like an instant classic already, effectively adapted for mobile. I think the model diorama surroundings give it a distinctive look; a refreshing change from the usual computer graphics. Battle analytics contain a lot of information so I can see combat becoming quite involved as the story continues.

11. Wicked8146

Wicked8146 Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Nov 17, 2009
    Dinosaur hunter
    Los Angeles
    I love this game so far. The graphics are so awesome and the controls are clearly designed for mobile. It's just awesome. Way better than those JRPG's the are retrofitted for mobile. Fantastic!

12. DarthTigger

DarthTigger Member

May 13, 2015
    I am just blow away. Played it in bed last night until 3am. Couldn’t put it down. Definitely instant classic!

This game is how I would imagine Final Fantasy would have evolved if QE had stayed the course after VII instead of constantly changing gameplay and storytelling style like they did, especially post FFX.

and what a steal - I’d happily pay $5 to play this but didn’t even have to as Apple’s still offering the first month free on Apple Arcade subscriptions. And I’m sure you guys saw they’re now adding “classic” games to arcade. Added 30 new games in total today. What a value!

13. tinkie277

tinkie277 Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2013
    Male
    Street Cleaner
    Scunthorpe, United Kingdom
    This is by far the best title on Apple Arcade so far, this is exactly what we needed, a more engaging title with much more depth. It’s got a strong storyline, excellent graphics, incredible music and i just cannot put it down.

They just need a floating control stick, rather the tap to move, to make it perfect. It’s excellent with a PS4 controller though.

If for whatever reason you have not downloaded this yet, do it now!

DarthTigger likes this.
  14. DarthTigger

DarthTigger Member

May 13, 2015
    Yes, agree completely about the tap-and-go controls. A virtual control stick would be much better.

tried the PS4 controller and it works much better, although it’s not always convenient to use a physical controller. Hopefully, the devs are ready these kind of comments and will a v-stick in an update soon.

tinkie277 likes this.
  15. Probably it’s me that prefer tap control. I tried my ps4 controllers but it didn’t feel at home. I like tapping and swiping to aim at multiple enemies

tinkie277 likes this.
  16. tinkie277

tinkie277 Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2013
    Male
    Street Cleaner
    Scunthorpe, United Kingdom
    Definitely each to their own, but the option to have both would be great for me… but I know what you mean.

17. its great that they let us choose how we play it.

18. Kevo

Kevo New Member

Apr 6, 2021
    This game is truly a masterpiece, already at level 30 and can't put it down, the scope of the gameplay just keeps growing. By far the best game to land on Apple arcade and could easily have been a console release. Only issue is I've had several crashes (on an older iPad) so always save at each checkpoint

Alkaline Trio likes this.
  19. Alkaline Trio

Alkaline Trio Member

Feb 21, 2010
    yeah, thanks god It's still Apple exclusive. Time to beat up that game before released elsewhere.

20. DarthTigger

DarthTigger Member

May 13, 2015
    My Android-using friends are so jelly right now - it’s great! I’m trying to convince them it’s time to buy ab iPad