Universal Fangz - (by Alexandre Ribeiro)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Apr 17, 2013.

1. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    So people download this like hundreds of times a day or how does that work? Sorry I am a gamer and know nothing about making games so it's kind of intresting to see how these things work. It's crazy to think people didnt download it like the first few days then nothing, or when there is a sale it picks up again. I heard something about if you are high on the charts then you get hundreds of downloads every day....?

2. New thread in the price reduction forum. Check it out.

3. Game Whiz

Game Whiz Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2011
    Janitor/Developer/Whatever needs to be done around
    Portugal
    The curve is exponential rather than linear. A game at #1 is probably getting 100k downloads/day. At position #200 overall you get around 1200/day. Then it's an even steeper downhill...

The most worrisome part in this, is that after a certain position sales are... ZERO. I haven't touched zero yet, but I've had plenty of double digit sales, and trying to run a business off of double digit sales of a $1.99 product isn't that good. I need to make more games, and I need to make better games... and smaller in size from what I can see in the app store.

4. masvil

masvil Well-Known Member

Apr 24, 2011
    Do you confirm you'll add iCade support in next update?
    When will it be out (more or less)?

5. Amenbrother

Jun 24, 2011
    Wow 100k downloads a day..... I cant even imagine. Well you definately need some IAP maybe, like there is IAP and then IAP done right. Like coin doublers or whatever are the ones I find myself getting just to show some support for the devs and I tend to enjoy having a bit more coins and such. Redline Rush is a good example of a recent game I spent a decent amount of IAP on.

6. Game Whiz

Sep 21, 2011
    Portugal
    I'm trying to release an update every six weeks. For the next one the most important feature is iCade, so that one will make it for sure.

I'll check Redline Rush. My next game will most likely be something that's a sandbox and multiplayer. I want to allow users to generate their own content and always have a reason to play.

7. November's Chopin

November's Chopin Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2010
    What version do you recommend if I have an iPhone 5 and no iPad, and probably never will have one? Any difference between the non-HD retina and the HD-retina? Oh and I'm pretty tight on space on my 13GB device. 16GB my ass Apple... :rolleyes:
    Yes I also think your game is way too large in size (the 500mb one), usually those games are those full-fledged 3D games, not 2D sidescrollers.

8. Amenbrother

Jun 24, 2011
    Go with the smaller version then... ;)

9. Fangbone

Fangbone Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2012
    Michigan, USA
    Just left Fangz a 5 star review on App Store for both versions (as I have both). Hope this helps out and I hope your game can finally get the recognition it deserves.

10. DSIMPLIFIED

DSIMPLIFIED New Member

May 20, 2013
    Just picked up Fangz HD and can't wait to play it! I'm sure it will meet my expectations and when it does, I'll post a 5 star on the App Store.

11. Game Whiz

Sep 21, 2011
    Portugal
    It's way easier for a 3d game to have a smaller size than a 2d game. In a 3d game I can have much smaller textures that are used in complex objects. In a 2d game everything must be drawn and can't be modelled like in 3d.

Thanks for that :)

I hope it meets your expectations. I'm submitting another update today, to fix some small glitches.

12. 7lilwhitewolf7

7lilwhitewolf7 Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2012
    Male
    Not hear on earth
    Georgia,Cleveland Ohio,Texas,New York
    Thiz game iz amazing juz like tha ppl who support it. There iz a certain feeling i get wit certain games tht i cant pinpoint on tha reaction i get. Like when i 1st played Ico in tha dark wit my Mom Sister 7 Nieces. When tha shadows came after us...I wuz happily fightnd.

"..You are traveling through another dimension,a dimension not only of sight and sound but of mind. A journey into a wondrous land whose boundaries are that of imagination. Theres a signpost up ahead,your next stop, the Twilight Zone!"

13. cabdog

cabdog Well-Known Member

Mar 14, 2011
    Help with aleck Level 5,'lawyer boss

I am hoping for some help with the Level 5/ 3rd round Boss; he' the lawyer looking dude one with no guns and attacks by zapping you.

In looking at his health bar, and hitting him with the flamethrower/ shotgun and Katana word, nothing affects him and I keep dying repeatedly.

At help much appreciated! Thanks in advanced!

14. m44

m44 Well-Known Member

Feb 16, 2013
    There's a trick to beating him. *Spoilers*
    There's an ATM machine at the top of the screen. If you destroy the machine, the boss will run to fix it. He only takes damage while fixing the machine. . . . You will probably have to break the machine a couple times to actually kill him.

15. Captain Murphie

Captain Murphie Active Member

Jan 7, 2013
    Geel, Belgium
    Was a bit late to the party but i am absolutely loving the game so far!
    One question is the levelling system limited or infinite?

16. Amenbrother

Jun 24, 2011
    Just played this after not playing for a while and man its sooooo good!

17. November's Chopin

November's Chopin Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2010
    This game is seriously flawed:
    - Can't replay each individual level - has to play the entire "stage". If you're on level 4 of stage 3 for example, and the stage has 5 levels, if you quit the level, you gotta restart from level 1, wtf?
    - The jump function is a joke... it costs HEALTH points when you jump, wtf? Why would jumping kill you? Shouldn't it waste STAMINA points? This is the only game in the world I know where you could suicide by just jumping a few inches off the ground about 10 times in succession. The recovery after a jump is so slow that you could only jump like once every 15 seconds, which is useless when there are enemies coming from all directions. Yes I know it gets you down to 0.01% health so it's technically not "suicide", but honestly what's the difference?
    - If you die somewhere in the stage and the game forces you to restart, you lose all the experience gained, lol? So basically the only way to pass a level if I put skill points into the wrong areas is to restart the game, since the game doesn't allow me to grind for more skill points? :rolleyes:
    - No confirmation on spending money/skill points, and no way to reset them... I have accidentally spent skill points in wrong areas THREE times within like 10 minutes, because when I use my finger to scroll the page, for some reason it registers as a tap on the "upgrade skill" icon...
    - The game is EXTREMELY hard. It makes Zombieville 2 looks like a joke. I can't even beat level 2 of stage 2 (downtown-2). The time limit for each level is WAY TOO SHORT. What the heck is the developer thinking? I'm left with less than 10 seconds to spare in each level and I'm killing each zombie the absolute FASTEST I can given the current weapons (no I don't have the best weapons since I'm only on stage 1, I just have a bat, shotgun, and handgun), ie spamming shotgun/handgun. You basically die if the time limit runs out and you haven't killed all the enemies
    Other than the fact that this game has more animations and more levels, Zombieville 2 is better in every other aspect. This game isn't really in the same league until those things are looked at.

18. m44

m44 Well-Known Member

Feb 16, 2013
    It's semi-limited. You will always earn brains, but you could fully upgrade all the individual skills.

----////----

@ November's Chopin: The update fixed a lot of the issues you talked about. There's a stamina bar for jumping, and the timers have been removed.

19. masvil

masvil Well-Known Member

Apr 24, 2011
    @Game Whiz: when iCade update will be out?

20. araczynski

araczynski Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2009
    programmer
    omaha, ne
    i'm kind of in the same boat. The multi-stage levels and no auto-saving is a bad design in my book. The game is harder than it needs to be, even on easy you get swarmed sooner or later. Time limits are the suck.

Why not just let those that choose to play on 'easy' have a good time and enjoy the game? I could care less about gamecenter/epenis crap, i just want to unwind and make some gibs fly at the end of the day, and hey, maybe make some progress in a game, not race against stupid timers and be frustrated.

I have plenty of challenge at work, where they pay ME for achievements, don't need/want it in my game time.

Please consider making 'easy' actually easy (aka 'fun' to some), and I'll consider your future offerings as being capable of delivering on some more fun.

Or hell, just put in a 'wimp' mode, turn off all the gamecenter junk/coop junk/multiplayer junk, give me unlimited bullets and say "have a go at it, make them gibs fly". You'd put a smile on many faces, and guarantee return customers. Heck, I might even pay you a buck to get that as an IAP.