Universal Fancy Pants Adventures - (by Over the Top Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Echoseven, Feb 29, 2012.

1. frankthechicken

frankthechicken Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2011
    I love this game.

It has the best platformer controls I've come across on an iOS device.

It has the best feeling of freedom, and movement and come across on an iOS platformer.

It makes my brain feel happy. my eyes feel joyous, and my fingers light, airy, and wanting to sing.

To say I love this game would be an understatement.

Have I played it to the very end, no. Would it matter to me if the game was only an hour or so long? Hell no, for 69 pence I have been treated to an absolute gem of an experience.

These Fancy Pants fit me very nicely.

2. jeffyg3

jeffyg3 Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2010
    Thank god it's universal. This game is even better on the iPad. Feels just like the Xbox 360 version, love this game :)

3. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    Aahhh can't remove enough stuff!! Please update, go live soon!

4. Mr. Grizzly

Mr. Grizzly Well-Known Member

May 20, 2011
    Is the sword/weapon found on a particular level? I made it to the pirate's hideout, and it looks like I'm supposed to use the weapon to break through a wall - got no power/action button or pencil anywhere on the screen and the only buttons I have are for movement.

5. Ghostz

Ghostz Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2012
    Through the rain.
    I love this game!

6. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    What are the details of this first update? I am assuming at least reduced file size, but by how much?

7. atopix

atopix Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2011
    I want to like this game. The animations and graphics are superb, adding an undeniable element of polish. Problem is, the gameplay mechanics/controls are horrific in my opinion.

I find myself struggling and frustrated with the controls, more than any other game I've ever played! Not even two levels in and I just couldn't stand it anymore.

Perhaps they could be more responsive? Bigger buttons? Everything just feels like a loose mess, again causing more frustration than anything else. I'm playing on an iPhone 4.

8. Ghostz

Ghostz Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2012
    Through the rain.
    Have you elephant fingers?

9. CygnetSeven

CygnetSeven Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2010
    Incredible, new standards in iOS platform experience. My only question... Why only a dollar? I feel like I robbed somebody!

10. amusing Grace

amusing Grace Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2008
    Music, Muse, Magick
    Berlin, Germany
    The Sword is
    in that level. Go underwater all the way down and then to the left. There is a door.

11. DrNeroCF

DrNeroCF Active Member

Dec 1, 2011
    Should end up being the same size as the download, around 300 megs. Over the Top has already given the update to Chillingo, but I don't know how long it takes an update to go through the proper channels. Far longer than we all would like, I'm sure, heh.

12. DrNeroCF

DrNeroCF Active Member

Dec 1, 2011
    Haha, well, if you want to help us out, tell your friends to check it out! :)

13. Fireball926

Fireball926 Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2010
    none
    Somewhere
    The controls are ruining the game for me.. give me a jump button and crouch button and when I mean buttons I mean round ones... side by side not any of these arrows top and bottom. I just can't adjust to them correctly. Game is unplayable for me currently :(

14. beast_skillz_86

beast_skillz_86 Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2012
    Atlanta, GA
    Brings back good memories. :D

15. TheBeastlyNinja

TheBeastlyNinja Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2009
    Computer stuff
    Right behind you
    Anyone else having a save malfunction? It seems every time I start the game I am at the beginning even though I was at lvl 5 previously

16. Psykikgmr

Psykikgmr Well-Known Member

Apr 10, 2010
    Controls are perfect and fluid, the way the character moves is fun and well done, nice animations, super fun gameplay. Definitely my game of the week, maybe month

17. DrNeroCF

DrNeroCF Active Member

Dec 1, 2011
    Could you try restarting your device and letting me know if saving works properly after that?

Sorry for the inconvenience!

18. TimEggers

TimEggers Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2011
    Shipping
    Tiskilwa, IL
    So after playing some more the controls are really growing on me. They feel really unique and the free styling running and backflips are really fun and a new thing for platformers. Nice!

Sadly I just replayed the first level, finished with 275 @ (black scribbles?) but my old score of 168 is still displayed. :(

I want to 100% the level, what can I do? What is the second star for? I've done everything else. :-/

19. DrNeroCF

DrNeroCF Active Member

Dec 1, 2011
    Collecting stars will unlock World 1 and 2.

Could you restart your device and tell me if that fixes saving?

20. Dan@Chillingo

Dan@Chillingo Well-Known Member

Feb 22, 2012
    Hi guys

We are working really hard with Over the Top to get the game updated and the size issue fixed as soon as possible. Really appreciate your patience on this!

Thanks for all your support, #8 in the App Store! We know we shouldn't be surprised how awesome you guys are by now, but you surprise us every time! :)

You. Rock.