Universal Fancy Pants Adventures - (by Over the Top Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Echoseven, Feb 29, 2012.

1. KushyKush

KushyKush Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2010
    Los Angeles
    Does this game have a random/endless mode or is it a purely level-based deal? Sorry I'm totally ignorant about this. That's why I come to TA :)

2. 0-FeliX-0

0-FeliX-0 Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2011
    So, the game finally finished downloading and all. IT IS AMAZING! Even if I was low on space, I'd still get it! It is just that good.

By the way, I freaking love the house and all the customization. Gonna try the arcade later.

3. DrNeroCF

DrNeroCF Active Member

Dec 1, 2011
    It's a more traditional platformer with set levels, but there's challenges, and an arcade to go for high scores in, which could be kinda endless :D

4. Drexiel

Drexiel Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    Commercial Diver
    Ponce, PR
    just to say something that's actually useful(since i haven't said anything useful on this thread thus far ._.)

anyone looking for a "real" platformer, and not a time trial platformer like League of Evil, should DEFINITELY pick this one up...

i had tons of fun with this on my ps3, and it's following suit with the iOS release... Fast, Fun, Fluid and controls like a charm... it also has time trial races in case someone is wondering :D

5. ninjackid

ninjackid Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    So, I know it doesn't say it supports 2nd gens, but had anyone trying running it on a 2nd gen to see it if works? *fingers crossed*

6. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
    #86 Echoseven, Mar 1, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2012
    I'd try, but that would require buying it, but it really isn't my kind of thing. >_<

My sister would enjoy it, but it's her on the 2nd gen iPod and if it doesn't work I won't be playing it... >_>

Edit: Didn't the developer say a page or two back that 2nd gen definitely isn't supported?

7. nfong

nfong Well-Known Member

Aug 30, 2011
    You wouldn't even be able to install it on a 2nd gen device...just click the iTunes link and look at the requirements, where it specifically lists out which devices you need to run the game.

8. 0-FeliX-0

Sep 25, 2011
    How do I save in here?

9. DrNeroCF

DrNeroCF Active Member

Dec 1, 2011
    I asked the lead programmer at Over the Top about it, he said, in more technical terms, that the GPU couldn't handle it.

Don't know what would happen if you forced it on, might run really slow, might just crash...

10. DrNeroCF

DrNeroCF Active Member

Dec 1, 2011
    Should save every time you complete a level.

11. 0-FeliX-0

Sep 25, 2011
    Thanks!

12. EfratBarTal

EfratBarTal Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2011
    Female
    CEO
    Tel-Aviv
    Will buy as soon as a file size reduction update is live

13. Jdragoon19

Jdragoon19 Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2010
    TouchArcade Forums
    Area 51
    Does anyone else find this game kinda slow? I've only completed the first level but still.

14. TheFrost

TheFrost Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    Play a bit more, you just scratched the surface

15. Jdragoon19

Jdragoon19 Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2010
    TouchArcade Forums
    Area 51
    Yeah, just played a few more levels. Not that slow anymore, lol.

16. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    LOVING this ! Did seem to have an issue with saving before, completed the first level and turned it off. Came back and i had to restart from the initial house again ?

Anyway played much more later on, reached some later levels, seems like theres a lot of content here. The levels are really well designed, some are basic platforms, others seem like Sonic. Love the mini games inside it as well. Controls work well, one of my favourite platformers at the moment, ton of content for 69p, amazing

17. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    Yeah at least the flash version had amazingly detailed graphics so I bet this one has too.

Thank god it's not final!

Phew. I'll now make room for it and already buy¸ I guess, too excited to wait!

Yeah when?

18. devensega

devensega Well-Known Member

Feb 28, 2011
    #98 devensega, Mar 1, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2012
    Played it for ages earlier then came back and all my progress is lost. I have to start at the first level. I will try a reset but if you can't save the game is pointless.

Edit : That seems to have worked as I am not forced to do the training level anymore. I would recommend you reset the device before you start to play this.

19. ninjackid

ninjackid Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    Yeah, I just remember certain games like I thinking Aralon was one, 2nd gen wasn't on the list but it still ran... Albeit not without crashes and slowdowns.

But it seems so far that this one won't run... :( oh well..

20. oooooomonkey

oooooomonkey Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    Just finished the first level or two went off to play something else and wen I came back I've had to start all over again?
    I think it needs to auto save more frequently as this isn't to good.