Universal Fancy Cats in fancy hats (by Genix Lab and Channel 4)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by wenix, Jun 30, 2016.

1. Halu

Halu Member

Dec 23, 2014
    Game Developer
    Viet Nam
    Hi Taoyingying,

I'm the game designer of this game. I will give you answers to these questions:

1. I'm really sorry that you can't do it now. We will add this function in upcoming update.

2. Each garden can be extended to pet up to 7 cats, please check. New gardens will be coming soon. Anyway, more cats will be coming too so you have to choose which cats you want to put in your gardens.

3. Siberian is currently on the game. Please check the shop daily because each day it will sell different cats. You can also play match-3 to find him. Birman is another story. You can only breed him, you can't find him by unboxing. Anyway, you can't breed cat right meow. It will come in our big update.

There are so many exciting features we want to put in Fancy Cats, but all of them need time to be implemented. So keep calm and pet fancy cats.

2. sigillum

sigillum New Member

Jul 15, 2016
    @wenix Thank you for your answer! ;)
    I already enjoy again with my cats!

(sorry for my bad english... I'm french)

3. taoyingying

taoyingying Well-Known Member

Jul 15, 2016
    Hi Halu, thanks for taking time answering my questions! The update sounds exciting! Can't wait to see what else is in the update! Once again, thanks for developing such an ameowzing game!

4. wenix

wenix Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

@sigillum merci !
    @taoyingying thanks

Good meowning everyone. Version 1.2 has been pushed out on the store by Channel 4. This is a bug fix release but it worths an update if you haven't done it yet.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/fancy-cats/id1116046099

Changelog:
    Actually we also optimized the game a bit so hopefully there will be less crash for some users.

Stay stunned for our August release!

5. taoyingying

Jul 15, 2016
    Hello! I'm reporting that I'm unable to play the game after the update :(
    I did the update yesterday morning, and played a few sessions. All was fine except the game crashed once when I was browsing the shop (it never crash before the update). Restart the game and all was fine.
    However, in the afternoon when I want to play again, I cannot get into the game anymore. I get to the first screen (all 4 games logo), then it's a white screen. Waited a few min and nothing happened. I tried force-close the game and restart, also tried restart my phone, but neither helps. Would you recommend a reinstall? I'm afraid I would lose all my progress if I do that :(
    I play on iphone 6s, system 9.3.2, if it helps?

6. wenix

wenix Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Hi @taoyingying

I can understand how frustrating it is when you encountered such a bug. We are very sorry about this.

The information you reported is very helpful for our programmer to debug. Thanks!
    In the meantime, I suggest you temporarily stop playing the game (and do not delete and reinstall it yet).

I'll try to get back to you tomorrow or the next day to update you with any solution that could help you.
    (Please make sure you subscribe to this thread for easy follow-up)

7. antony.thai

antony.thai Well-Known Member

:) it's great to see the dev's always here to support their players.

8. taoyingying

Jul 15, 2016
    Thank you Wenix for the quick response! I'm glad I didn't try reinstall the game before asking :) I guess my cats will stay hungry for a few days, but they will survive~

@antony: Yes I absolutely agree! Actually these days I don't play a game that doesn't have way to directly contact their devs (facebook, forum, etc.). There was one game I played for months and suddenly couldn't connect to their server anymore. There was no way to report to devs except sending an email to their generic address (and never heard back from them). I learned my lessen and pick my games more carefully now :D

9. wenix

wenix Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

@antony: Thank you for the nice words, dude ;)

@taoyingying: Thank you. I have a good news for you: we've got a green light from our publisher allowing to submit a quick update to hot fix this serious bug. It's very likely that we'll submit for review today and the update will go live around Sunday.

I think it's a pretty rare case, but I know when it happens it's a disaster thus worth a very special treatment, otherwise we would feel very guilty disappointing our fans like you :)

10. wenix

wenix Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

A quick status update: version 1.3 has been submitted for review, hopefully it will go live in next 24-48 hours.

11. taoyingying

Jul 15, 2016
    That's fantastic news Wenix! I can't wait to tend my cats again. Thanks a lot devs for the quick update :D

12. wenix

wenix Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Version 1.3 is out today to address game stuck issue for some users. Please update and try again. Hope it will work :)

In any case, you can also contact us via [email protected]

Have a nice weekend playing with your lovely cats. Meow ^_^

13. taoyingying

Jul 15, 2016
    Thanks Wenix for letting me know! But this is a perfect good news, bad news situation.

Good news: After installing the update, I can get into the game again! Yay!
    Bad news: This is the first message I got when I get in: "Some naughty cat caused the game data corrupted"
    Good news: I was given 260 diamonds as compensation
    Bad news: I lost almost everything. Coins from thousands down to 150; Cats from about 10 down to 4 (and they are all level 1); All costumes are gone; The 2 gardens I unlocked are locked again; I was level 9, but now level 4. Worst of all, the unlimited storage I unlocked with 150 diamonds is now back to 15 items max :( And one more weird thing: I'm immediately on day 3 of daily reward. The day 2 reward is a football helmet, but I don't see it in my storage?

Anyway, I still love this game and I will work on rebuilding my cat paradise :) Hopefully in the future, you can add cloud save, so I won't need to worry about losing progress anymore. Thanks again!

14. wenix

wenix Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Hi taoyingying,

Thank you for your love [​IMG]

By the way, we'll have a new icon for the game in next update. What do you like the most? :)

[​IMG]

15. taoyingying

Jul 15, 2016
    Hi Wenix, sorry I was on vacation so didn't check the forum these few days. I'm still playing the game though! Back to level 9 now and got some really adorable headpiece :D

I like all 3 icons, super cute <3! My personal favorite is #1, but I guess if you want it to be more Olympic-ish, then it would be #2. Can't wait for the new exciting update!

16. wenix

wenix Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

#36 wenix, Aug 3, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2016
    Meow-hoo! Version 1.4 is out today, and welcome to Rio 2016 :D

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/fancy-cats/id1116046099?mt=8

[​IMG]

17. wenix

wenix Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

It's International Cat Day today!

[​IMG]

18. CatLady404

CatLady404 New Member

Aug 16, 2016
    Game is up to date but I'm stuck on level 10 (is there a level 11?) and I have chillies that I can't seem to get rid of. They just keep reappearing. I really don't want to lose my cats by starting over. Any ideas?

19. wenix

wenix Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

#39 wenix, Aug 17, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2016
    Hi :)

Thanks for your feedback. We expect to have an update by 1st week of September that have more User Level (11, 12,...).

There will also be a post-Olympics update that should go live by early next week with more gardens, more cats, and some other stuff.

Stay tuned. Meow.

20. wenix

wenix Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Hi everyone,

An update is out today!

Enjoy ;) https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/fancy-cats/id1116046099