Universal Fallout Shelter by Bethesda Softworks LLC

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Based Xatu, Jun 15, 2015.

1. Mess

Mess Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2013
    Guys, don't forget what actually makes money on iOS. Simple Free to play games rule at the moment.

I am sure there are lots of people that want the fallout games, but based on the likely player base, this is actually what ALL players want. In this case ALL is basically the higher percentage of players.

It was quite clear to me when I saw the videos and screenies that this was basically another tiny tower or whatever style game. If that's not you thing then that's absolutely fine, just move along. And let those that are enjoying the game talk about that instead.

So on the game, I have worked out the resource
    Management side of it at the moment, but here's a tip - don't get 7 women pregnant at the same time - all the babies will come at the same time and your food stash will get absolutely destroyed :)

Another tip is to do the challenges and make sure you claim the prizes, you should get about 4/5 lunch boxes which with some luck will give you a couple of high spec'd people, which can really help early on.

2. HLW

HLW Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2010
    UK
    oh dear, I didn't think of that. Oh well, that's something to look forward to...

3. Menel

Menel Well-Known Member

Mar 29, 2012
    Engineer
    TN
    Fallout Shelter by Bethesda Softworks LLC

Ive been really unlucky. Got 4-5 packs in game. Was enjoying this so much, turned on inapp purchases and tossed 3.99 their way. Still no super peeps :(
    Just lotsa armor and weapons. Though useful...

4. Kenan2000

Kenan2000 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2013
    #85 Kenan2000, Jun 15, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2015
    My boy,look:

I know exactly that kids these days don't wanna spend money on anything,that's why the majority is satisfied with such games made with no effort of whatsoever,but i don't see why we,the toucharcade users,would be happy more about this game (which is a crappy spinoff which appears to be a ripoff of tiny tower) than about an actual Fallout port on ios.

I'm not gonna lie - Gta series on ios,Bioshock,KOTOR - all these ports are cash grabs too,but these are the cash grabs that were made with an actual effort while THIS game right here has been made with no effort since it is an actual ripoff,you cannot argue with that.

The effort is dedication,it is when you put a lot of time into something and you expect to be rewarded at the very end - a completely different case,the developers of this game have no dedication at all,it has copied too many elements from other,similar ios games,you put no effort if you copy something else.Dedication,putting effort is NOT copying.

If you like Free2play then cool,very cool,I'm not gonna argue about that since I too sometimes play free2play games.

Ios gamers already have too many 2-5 minute games and I am sure that they won't need more,especially games like this that are made by well-known,famous,great developers that just copy almost everything from the other 2-5 minute ios games.

OFF TOPIC:

Eventually all of you,premium/free2play/no matter what players,will understand that free2play CANNOT deliver the same experience that premium delivers,that is the exact reason premium games cannot die but that is a completely different topic.
    I'm done,gentlemen.

5. sakara

sakara Member

Oct 5, 2010
    #86 sakara, Jun 15, 2015
    So to like the game i must be one of the devs!! Wow!!!! Smart thinking

6. Mess

Mess Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2013
    #87 Mess, Jun 15, 2015
    Get stacking the diner, or upgrade if possible :D

Waiting on one more resident before I can start training my guys up a bit :)

7. slammajamma28

slammajamma28 Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2013
    Software Developer
    'Murrica
    Woops... Goodbye food!!!

8. Wemac

Wemac Well-Known Member

May 24, 2011
    Game Reviewer
    Wow, entered the game, infestation everywhere. Only 3 out of 16 still alive. Glad I didn't spend any money on this. Lol

9. Menel

Menel Well-Known Member

Mar 29, 2012
    Engineer
    TN
    Fallout Shelter by Bethesda Softworks LLC

Dang! Sounds like surviving a nuclear aftermath could have challenges.

10. Kenan2000

Kenan2000 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2013
    Oh and also,this game copies not just "tiny tower" but also "this war of mine",very interesting,eh?Anybody else noticed this?

11. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    Man I am loving this so far. I did a few missions that reward coins or lunch boxes and got 2 awesome survivors! Both are like level 33!

12. stlredbird

stlredbird Well-Known Member

May 21, 2009
    Can i reject prospective residents and banish current residents?

13. Snotty128

Snotty128 Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2013
    I woke up to a water shortage and promptly failed multiple rushes for water. I ended up with none at all. All my residents, including children, ended up with 50% radiation sickness. Once i got the water crisis under control i threw the lab into overdrive and things are slowly getting better. I dropped to 10% happiness at one point! I cant blame them.

You could send them into the wasteland to die i guess

14. Taeles

Taeles Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Aug 5, 2011
    Thankfully Beth didn't copy This War of Mine's oppressive depressing your going to lose atmosphere. Man I walked away from that game so damn depressed. Never, ever enough food, water always short, folks always depressed, not enough entertainment. Suicide's happened frequently in my home, God my best man for resource gathering got shot in the leg, he's sick now, not sleeping because he's hungry... -

-.-

This war of mine is the first post apocalyptic game to ever likely be spot on regarding what awaits us heh.

15. sapphire_neo

sapphire_neo Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2011
    And that's why it's going to be the prime GotY contender for me when it releases in a few weeks. Also, it's not post apocalyptic... just war torn. It's easy to forget what modern conflicts actually look like on the ground.

16. phred

phred Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2010
    How do I delete vaults from save slots? I see I can create new games, but I'm not sure how to delete them.

17. makedamage

makedamage Active Member

Apr 15, 2014
    I'm really having mixed feelings about this game. It could have been so much better of they just gave more info as you play.

I have several questions. Maybe someone can answer them. I have moved vault dwellers from room to room and it doesn't seem to affect the room's production level, so what is a dweller's effect on a room? Does it produce faster? What are each room's power demand? And how much water/food does a dweller cost? Why is it impossible to control the resources if they all generate at pre-determined rates? Does upgrading a room increase the power demand? Why does the game say that distance is a factor in resource usage? Does having people in the Living Quarters speed up the rates at which the children grow up? If a dweller influences a room in a value of 2 what does this mean in practical terms?

For a management game there's a whole lot of information missing for you to plan accordingly.

18. It also seems that if you try to move a person to another room to help with a certain production, then someone else will leave the room. So you can't really move people around?

19. phred

phred Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2010
    Aha, you need to highlight the saved game for the trashcan to appear.