Universal Fallout Shelter by Bethesda Softworks LLC

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Based Xatu, Jun 15, 2015.

1. xerosided

xerosided Member

Jun 20, 2013
    Heh. No frequent changes, just giving as little info as possible on that other person (who nightly demands sleep sounds from me even though they can do that themselves on their own phone...)

But yes, I am lucky. I know.

2. kyoukusanagi

kyoukusanagi Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2010
    i always play this game like i would create a happy family. a happy vault. the best place for everyone

after actually playing fallout 4... i feel horrified for playing this game now

3. Taeles

Taeles Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Aug 5, 2011
    Update hit:
    . Pets, equip able like weapons and armor on your citizens, grant various bonuses. Purchasable with real money, not sure if their obtainable any other way like exploration
    . Can now kick citizens out of the vault
    . Christmas themed cafeteria and outside is covered in snow
    . Can now sell all button when citizen returns from exploring or from inventory screen.

Lunchboxes and animal carriers are all 50% off atm.

4. Dueler

Dueler Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2012
    So came back to check out the dogs... My vaults currently being murdered by death claws and all my guns are on dead body's now. Soooooooo do they get bored and leave or am I going to have to Frankenstein my save game back to before this happened?

5. baelnor

baelnor Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2012
    Nominated for pocket tactics GoTy!!!!

Go vote now :)

6. priyaaggarwal

priyaaggarwal New Member

Jun 7, 2016
    I played this game, it was impressive, but I'm still stuck with my addiction for Slither snake game. You can read the details for the same here, Slither.io

7. Samurix16

Samurix16 Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2013
    Male
    USA
  8. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    The update is live. Any impressions on exploring outside the shelter? I haven't got it installed, but if the exploration part is worth it, I'd possibly reinstall to play it :)

9. Dankrio

Dankrio Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jun 3, 2014
    Same.

10. forsakenxe

forsakenxe Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2014
    yeah same here, I'd have to start over but I'd do it, if it's worth it. Once everything was maxed it was pretty bad :/

11. davidovich

davidovich Well-Known Member

Sep 26, 2008
    I just got back into this. The update definitely makes it more robust of a game. Before the update, I felt like it was just a clicker with not much to do other than click on full rooms and ward off raiders and radroaches. With the quest system, it feels like you have more control over the individual characters. You send out a team of up to three people to explore each quest. Once you reach the destination, you explore each room individually, tapping on foes who may stand in your way in order to fight them. Also, many of the rooms you enter have items you can bring back as well. Each quest has a main objective. I've completed two of them without much resistance from enemies. I'm not sure how quickly I'll run out of nuke cola which seems to be a new form of currency that allows you to speed up travel times to and from quest destinations.

12. Samurix16

Samurix16 Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2013
    Male
    USA
    It's worth a download, it's pretty fun.

13. BTNLegend

BTNLegend Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2012
    Canada
    I always hoped that one day they'd add something like this to the game. It's fantastic. I love going on quests using Three Dog and Bittercup and exploring new locations and bringing back gear. It adds more depth to the game. It feels more like a Fallout game now than before. I'm still trying to figure out how exactly to use the new combat system. When I try to drag a chosen character towards an enemy, it has a nice green cross-hair line that turns red and nothing happens. But, when I'm not doing anything, sometimes the character will get that V.A.T.S chime while attacking and I'll be able to inflict big damage. I kind of don't get how that works. Anyway, this update is fun.

14. VirtualBoyFreak

Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain

Thanks, will do so then :)

15. HippoHumper

HippoHumper Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2013
    Can anyone tell me the full install size? I'm really thinking of downloading this now after the update seems to actually give you things to do but I'd have to delete a few others to make room for this.

16. Taeles

Taeles Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Aug 5, 2011
    Fantastic update but caution on the weapon and armor rooms in your vault. I suspect they tied the level of your shops to the difficulty of random wasteland exploration encounters (not the overseer office ones). Each time I upgrade the weapon shop the difficulty of random encounter exploration jumps.

A cool new feature, when your people return from exploration their remaining stimpaks and radaways are restocked in your vault!

The overseer office offers three types of expeditions. 1, a daily with better than normal rewards. 2, storyline type, with actual narrative and conversation options and whatnot. 3, a randomly generating type that reappears when you finish the current type 3 with random requirements and random rewards. The size of type 1 and 3 tend to be quite large. Type 2's size depends on the story point your at.

Fantastic update!

17. ceszar

ceszar New Member

Jul 18, 2013
    Can't play, keeping crashing on iPhone 6 Plus

Only me?

18. VirtualBoyFreak

Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    Only you what?

19. Taeles

Taeles Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Aug 5, 2011
    He wrote half his sentence in the title of his post -face palm-

20. Dankrio

Dankrio Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jun 3, 2014
    Wow, just got back to the game and the quest system is really cool. A nice addition. I hope Bethesta keeps expanding things and gives us more to do (especially pieces of story), since now it feels a lot more Fallout-like.