Universal Fallout Shelter by Bethesda Softworks LLC

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Based Xatu, Jun 15, 2015.

1. addink

addink Well-Known Member

Apr 24, 2013
    Wait, what?!

How on earth does anyone in their right mind come up with a "cute" and "adorable" game set in the Fallout universe? It's almost like they did some research and found that people that like Fallout don't play a lot of cute, social micro-management games.. whooaa, just think of the untapped potential :rolleyes:

Up next: My Little Pony armor IAP for your wasteland explorers. You know you need it.

2. Menel

Menel Well-Known Member

Mar 29, 2012
    Engineer
    TN
    #42 Menel, Jun 15, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2015
    Fallout Shelter by Bethesda Softworks LLC

I have two preggos... been that way a couple hours. How long til they pop?

Edit: i missed a comment where someone said 4ish hrs

3. Damn. I feel bad for the women in this game.

4. Menel

Menel Well-Known Member

Mar 29, 2012
    Engineer
    TN

Im at 12 people. No more are lining up outside the vault... But I need to populate more rooms with workers.

Are babies the only way?
    Or is it happiness related, happy vault gets people? Sitting around 77%

5. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    How does it have so many ratings already? Well I'm downloading to give it a go anyway as for me not enough Tower or city management games are made and my Towering Oceans has been waiting 5 days for the devs to fix my account : (

Thinks like Tiny Tower, Lil Kingdom, Small Street and Happy Street I want more of them but want them to be supported in the long run also but most never seem.

6. SwipeNova

SwipeNova Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2015
    #46 SwipeNova, Jun 15, 2015
  7. gmattergames

gmattergames Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2013
    Ok, I now have 16 dwellers, one old Bill Cosby looking dude, with15 females all to himself, two currently pregnant, three of them his own daughters from various vault wives. Two new dwellers just showed up, of coarse, both female (I'm sure he'll be pleased.) Unfortunately, the dude is my only "S" dweller and is critically needed in the power plant, but I have to keep pulling him off the job to have orgies with his haram, but doing is causing power shortages. As interesting as this vault is turning out, I'm worried that if he doesn't get backup soon I may need to restart.

8. I just played for 45 minutes that I wish I could get back. I really don't get the appeal of these games.

9. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    So how do you guys chain 2/3 of the same together or are you building them seperate at the minute? Seems hard to get them all together at the minute

10. Based Xatu

Based Xatu Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2013
    It was announced at their conference, on twitter, on every website that has any gaming news, and on their FB.

Seriously I don't get how people are calling this a cash grab; just because it's free does not mean it forces you to spend money. You people who see a free game with IAP and immediately delete are hilarious, because the only thing you buy on here is cards. If you're into base building and sim management, play this game.

11. Menel

Menel Well-Known Member

Mar 29, 2012
    Engineer
    TN
    #51 Menel, Jun 15, 2015

Chain what? Rooms? The help panel says multiple is more efficient.

Had to delete a couple, and re-org. Was easy once had second elevator path.

[​IMG]

12. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    Wow its pretty addicting!

13. sapphire_neo

sapphire_neo Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2011
    You lasted longer than me. I knew this was just another mobile base builder when the first icons to collect resources popped up. It's the cookie clicker formula to an extent.

14. Greengas

Greengas Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2009
    Paper Shuffler.
    Long Island, NY
    I'm enjoying it so far.

15. I was hoping it would get more interesting, but I spent most of my time staring at the screen, waiting.

16. Wrath

Wrath Well-Known Member

May 26, 2011
    Seattle
    So far still haven't been able to determine if progress transfers between iPad and iPhone, so if that's not possible, I won't spend too much time on this game... but I love the retro grahics for the menus, etc.

17. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    The idea is to play in small bursts just come back to manage it occasionally not sit there staring at it. Generally with these anyway.

To the other person, that base looks well organised how did you get to the second elevator path? Just build?

18. sapphire_neo

sapphire_neo Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2011
    Yeah, games like cookie clickers and base builders are generally designed to be played either in the background or with very little attention. Like this game has the sending out dwellers to explore, but you only get their stories in a progress quest sort of way. Your direct interaction with the game isn't the focus of the design. It's something to visit every now and then, which is where timers generally come into this formula as well.

19. Yeah, I prefer to to play my games. :) That's why I don't understand the appeal of these. But with all the hype, I figured I'd at least try it out.

20. YouGotHeadshot

Dec 1, 2013
    Not impressed, just seems like a big cash grab. Perfect example of branding - all they had to do was put the name fallout on it and millions will download.

Not very fun, tons of waiting, I gave it a try but I think I'll just uninstall now.