Universal Fallout Shelter by Bethesda Softworks LLC

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Based Xatu, Jun 15, 2015.

1. baldeagle86

baldeagle86 Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2013
    Is there any way to move rooms to combine them? Or are you stuck destroying/rebuilding them? I might just restart since I just finished the tutorial.. Also has anyone tested if this transfers across devices?

2. geno11233

geno11233 Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2013
    How the hell are you supposed to keep water and food levels at max? Without rushing it depletes way too fast for me and I can't rush because the failure 50%+ after the first time rushing. Everyone is depressed.... Lol any pointers?

3. Press2Play

Press2Play Well-Known Member

Mar 28, 2012
    Bussinessman
    Philippines
    I know this is not a good start for Beth on mobile at least it's a start wait till they drop the Big Motha Bomb on coming months or maybe weeks.Fingers Crossed (toes too)

4. Septim

Septim Well-Known Member

Jun 15, 2010
    I only have a hard time keeping power well supplied. I just put workers who specialize in that field. Equipment with stat boosts help. And as many as you possibly workers as it fits, so for instance for a 3-block keep the max of 6 workers.

What I wanna know is how these pregnant chicks go into labor. Got a bunch of preggo females about but have sat here for a couple hours and no babies yet! My population is almost at a standstill. Seen one new guy show up in that same amount of time.

5. Piph

Piph Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2012
    It's a cute game, but you'll end up spending a lot of time waiting to collect more dwellers so you can expand your base. It'd be nice if there was more to do or interact with while waiting.

6. makedamage

makedamage Active Member

Apr 15, 2014
    What a disappointing game. I was excited to try it out but after a few hours, you realize that this is just like every other fremium game.

You have to constantly be checking your vault to click every resource generating room otherwise they will drop quicky.

There doesn't seem to be an option to move rooms, and since you can't make plans in advance because of immediate needs of power/water/food, you are left with destroying the room in the future if you want to merge or change the layout.

I get that they wanted to keep the S.P.E.C.I.A.L. system from Fallout but it's way too confusing needlessly. You have to keep memorizing what attribute each room prefers.

I think the worst part is really how quickly your resources deplete if you leave the game unattended for more than a few hours. You have to check the game constantly. I'm sure it gets better once each room is upgraded but it's a frustrating beginining.

The game is most definitely geared for the iPad. It's a little awkward to play on the iPhone, especially when you have to drag and drop the tiny vault dwellers into each room.

All in all, more of the same. If you like these kinds of games, this one is top notch, if not, you will be happy to avoid it.

7. Based Xatu

Based Xatu Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2013
    I spent $3 on lunch boxes and I got some really good stuff, including Moira Brown! I can finally get revenge and make her do stupid fetch quests! #

8. oldsnake

oldsnake Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2012
    Male
    Impiegato
    Bologna italy
    Come on Bethesda,do some serious Game,maybe Start with Fallout 1,2?

9. Oldgamer

Oldgamer Well-Known Member

May 22, 2015
    I have loved all the Fallout games (fallout 2 still remains my favourite despite how good 3 and NV were)

I was very excited when in heard about this, dashed to grab it oh and then such bitter bitter disappointment as I find out it's simply more wallet mugging freemium muck. I don't do freemium and won't have it on my ipad, very disappointed over this, superb idea thrown away :(

I'll go frown over my cup of tea now, bye.

10. speedyph

speedyph 🌊🌊🌊🏃🏃😂😂😂⚡️⚡️⚡️

Feb 3, 2013
    i feel the same way #

11. Snotty128

Snotty128 Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2013
    I was wondering the same myself. I got a few knocked up (mostly by the same guy lol) and then sent them back to work

12. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    You'll have to wait 9 months I guess... :D

13. Septim

Septim Well-Known Member

Jun 15, 2010
    #33 Septim, Jun 15, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2015
    Haha same. To prevent inbreeding and sorta as a meta game while waiting, I sent different couples up there. But I made sure the guy w my last name inpreganted a few floozies. Spread those seeds lol.

Lo and behold, the first baby was just born. Nothing special had to be done. The ladies were all just workin and there was a pop-up for it. Took nearly 4 in-game real time hours!! Sheesh. Hopefully that will set off a chain reaction and the rest will pop shortly. Update: Yes, it did. As soon as I loaded the game back up minutes later, a few pop-ups for more babies. I'm guessing it's timed based, roughly four hours. Probably doesn't have to be in-game hours though and can just boot it hours later.

14. RinoaHeartily

RinoaHeartily Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2010
    Seriously a game from them?

15. Mess

Mess Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2013
    OK it got me!!

Played a game for about 5 minutes and realised how badly I had it set up. Started a new one, about an hour later and I am at 94% happiness :)

16. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    Btw, description says iPhone 5 or newer, but I'm on a 4S and it seems to run just fine. I've just played a short session though. I'll try longer tonight and see if it crashes or not...

17. Kenan2000

Kenan2000 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2013
    Installing but seriously,porting fallout 1 and fallout 2 would be definitely awesome.

18. taiga97

taiga97 Well-Known Member

Mar 18, 2014
    For someone who hates f2p games, I'm enjoying this game for now. It's simple enough to learn but a little annoying on an iPhone screen.

19. Nonstickron

Nonstickron Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    Graphic Artist / Pre-Press
    Central Florida
    I ran out of women to impregnate. I never, ever, thought I would type that.

I wonder if stats of breeding pair has any impact on stats of child.