Fallout New Vegas Thread!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Booch138, Nov 4, 2010.

1. Booch138

Booch138 Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    So I had to make this because I am having a hard time playing any other game but New Vegas right now. Who has it? Who is playing it? I'm about 14 hours in and effing LOVING IT. There is so much to do.

You can discuss experiences in the Mojave Wasteland, ask about quests (Though I would suggest looking at the Fallout Portal) and other bugs and fun stuff you have found. Favourite weaps so fan and all that good stuff.

Fallout FTW!

2. iphoneprogrammer

iphoneprogrammer Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2009
    Financial Analyst for Baines and Ernst
    London, UK
    Do you play this on Steam?

3. Booch138

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    Nah I have it for the 360. Would have gotten it for the PS3 (which is what I played FO3 on) but my PS3 was, at the time, inoperable with my TV.

4. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    I've only put about 45 minutes into it so far. Shameful I know, but RB takes priority for me, then Vanquish, then Fallout. I've got forever to play it so no rush ;)

Oh, also Sports Champions and PSP2! I'm drowning in games.

...and Castlevania.

5. Booch138

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    I know how that goes dude. Especially since Amazon has a buy 2 get one free thing going on right now. Drained my bank account. Not to mention the shit I have on Gamefly. I havn't even touched PSP2 since New Vegas came out though. So many good games!

6. iphoneprogrammer

iphoneprogrammer Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2009
    Financial Analyst for Baines and Ernst
    London, UK
    Fable 3 has consumed my life at this time...that an left 4 dead 2 on my mac.

7. Booch138

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    I've been waiting for Fable 3 but its availablility is much too low on teh Gamefly. I want to play SOOOOOO badly. But I figure that Fallout New Vegas has consumed my soul enough as well ^.^

8. I've been waiting for this since I first learned of it, but still haven't picked it up. I gotta get it though, possibly this weekend. I shouldn't though, I got too damn much work to do.

9. Booch138

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    Get it anyways, it's a blast. It'll make you forget all about your stupid work. :rolleyes:

Nah but seriously it's really addictive. I'd wait. LOL

10. I know it'll be addictive as hell -- Fallout 3 and all of its expansion packs were. I obsessively bought each one the moment it came out. That's why I know it'll just utterly consume my entire weekend and I won't get a single note written.

I think I'll buy it, like, Monday or Tuesday. That way I'll actually be productive over the weekend and then can dick around in smaller quantities during the week.

Wait, no. I'd never get any sleep. DAMN YOU, BETHESDA!

11. Masmo

Masmo Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2009
    Overlord
    In your pants
    Just curious, I plan to pick it up on either the PC or 360 but I'm leaning towards the PC because I heard it's not as buggy. So I'd like to ask, how buggy is the 360 version?

12. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    They're all as buggy as hell. The PC version will no doubt be fixed a lot quicker, but all versions are enjoyable enough to overlook the flaws.

13. Electric_Shaman

Electric_Shaman Well-Known Member

Jul 22, 2009
    I wasn't going to get FO:NV at launch, cause I was going on a trip, but it got postponed. Yay silver lining!

Clocked up about 12.5 hours now (but probably more like 16 in total), nearly finished I think. Having trouble with a boss character though, will probably have to go back and level up a bit, didn't do that many side quests really.

On the bugs, my game really hasn't been to bad. Maybe I just don't notice it as much, but the only really annoying bug that keeps cropping up is when my gun raises itself up (screws up VATS, can't see what your aiming at). Normally fixes itself quickly though

14. ShadowsFall

ShadowsFall Well-Known Member

May 15, 2009
    Summer job soon
    TA 09'
    L4D2 has major replayability, I've had it since Christmas of last year and it's still awsome, plus getting all the free DLCs on Steam is a bonus :D

15. Booch138

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    Like Electric Shaman said, the gun keeps riasing itself up when you are close to anything for some odd reason so that's a tad weird but other than that it's not bad.

But I see that you already got it on the 360 (saw you playing the other night) so it's all good. How you liking it so far? I didn't get to play a hell of a lot this weekend but I am about 15 hours in still soaking up side quests and venturing around. I hate Cazadors though... wait till you have to fight those little buggers. Ugh...

16. super6ft7

super6ft7 Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2008
    embarrassing but I have 50 hours :/

probably my third favourite game ever

17. Booch138

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    Nice man! If I didn't have a kid and job I would easily be at 100. LOL

18. Zoet

Zoet Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2010
    Newcastle, Australia
    Ordered my copy the other day from the UK ($60 au from there vs $90 here).
    I have been waiting for this game for soooo long but unfortunately its launch has coincided with my Uni exams.:mad:
    At least I will have something to fill up all the spare time I will have in a couple of days!

19. Booch138

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    It will do that too.

I got to playing the other night and man I got pissed off at it for the first time, mainly my fault. I went in the wasteland scavenging for new places and what-not and hadnt saved in a while and a group of like 10 cazadors destroyed me and my followers. Gah...

20. Booch138

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    I Run Barter Town! Yeah!