Universal Fallen London (by Failbetter Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by TouchArcade Bot, Apr 19, 2016.

1. spader623

spader623 Well-Known Member

Jan 18, 2014
    Idk about the whole time, but when you start the app I ggink it does. It needs to sync up with the servers to check for updates and stuff.

2. theblackw0lf

theblackw0lf Well-Known Member

Feb 18, 2009
    I've played this game on my phone just through Safari for the past year or so and have found it totally serviceable. If you want to play the game but are frustrated with the app, just check out the browser version.

http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/

3. Themagicjesus

Themagicjesus Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2012
    Servers down?

4. Greyskull

Greyskull Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Photographer/Social Sciences adjunct/sweet sweet l
    Fort Lauderdale
    A subscription which enables further purchases? um...yay? Some people may look at a subscription price and say to themselves, eh, that's only 3 lattes a month! It all adds up. I'd be more inclined to make a one time, 20 dollar payment for one year's worth, but a) thats just me and b) its an awful lot less than 7 per month.

I will recklessly spend money-but I'm a tightwad when it comes to adding any new monthly subscriptions. Hell, I saved for 10 years so I would have no mortgage.

5. rezn

rezn Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Mar 8, 2014
    Male
    Coder/Keyer in medical ICD 10
    Reno, NV
    Definitely looking forward to playing this when they get the server issues taken care of. Might have to check out the browser version after work too. I'm intrigued to say the least.

6. spader623

Jan 18, 2014
    #66 spader623, Apr 22, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2016
    Yeah, I'm really enjoying learning about London. Well, London in the game. I just seduced a jewel thief who then had an affair with some lady where I then spread rumors about her and he got all pissy. So I was like '#### you' and then I wanted to learn more about the great game (spy business) and I can learn about tattoos but I need my fascinating quality at 0 :( so I gotta seduce another lady, then break it off to reduce that. So much to do. Edit: game just got updated :D

7. currymutton

currymutton Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2008
    Update is out

Still cannot sync my character properly

No fate points left some how even I have not spent any

Change the subscription model to 4 subscriptions where monthly subscription starts from US$5.99...

Good-bye.

8. Dankrio

Dankrio Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jun 3, 2014
    Gonna give it another try.

9. Ayjona

Ayjona Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Freelance journalist and writer, amateur musician
    Stockholm, Sweden
    While the patch notes didn't speak clearly to this effect, loading times are improved considerably for me.

10. Dankrio

Patreon Silver

Jun 3, 2014
    Please, add me: Dankrio.

11. cragganmore

cragganmore Member
    Patreon Bronze

Aug 30, 2012
    Since the update, loading times have improved on my end, too. I've also had no further issues with syncing, and the addition of a manual sync capability has greatly improved the experience for me.

12. Greyskull

Greyskull Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Photographer/Social Sciences adjunct/sweet sweet l
    Fort Lauderdale
    Ditto. Also, no need to log out of the account to make sure the sync "takes". As long as I click the round button in the middle bottom and select sync, I can force close the app, no issues.

13. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    Now that all the quirks are solved I put some serious time in the game and it's really awesome.

Anyone knows how I can make contact with revolutionaries by any chance?

I'm closing various minor storylines before sinking my teeth in an ambition one and I need to make contact with revolutionaries to fully explore the poet one.

14. spader623

Jan 18, 2014
    I actually just completed a storyline with the poet and revolutionaries though it was as a detective. The way I completed it was I needed to draw a specific card, which I did (idk if it was luck or it would always draw). I did the card twice, picked it once completed it then again, then it let me complete the storyline with the revolutionaries. But... In general, it may just be cards or random storylines you do. I've gotten involved in countless areas just by focusing on a quest in say... Hells denizens. I may be working in helping them, then i can choose to help the constables (and get more acquainted) or the nobles or whoever.

15. spader623

Jan 18, 2014
    On a side note, any ideas on how to leave London? I know there's a few islands, and possibly the surface, but I need map fragments for the islands and idk how to get them. Also, keep in mind your lodgings, when you get them, lets you do stuff. There's at least 4 more areas you can unlock on the map, but only one is easy enough early on, the rest want your stats to be like 60+ and mine are only 40ish for the ones I use a lot

16. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    Thanks.
    I can complete that quest already but there is one option I can't chose because I miss one more revolutionaries connection.

This game is absolutely awesome.

17. spader623

Jan 18, 2014
    Yeah idk if it's the exact uh quest you have but I think it's the same guy. Yeah I haven't found much on them or the church sadly. I also really wanna go to the ball but it's hard as balls. Also, yeah agreed. The writing for this and sunless sea is fantastic. I don't like the actions or monegization scheme in FL, but I can deal with it.

18. Dankrio

Patreon Silver

Jun 3, 2014
    Please, put the usernames to add in-game.

19. spader623

Jan 18, 2014
    Uh.. Where's our username...?

20. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    I *think* I'm Pitta.