iPad Falldown - Arcade jumper game (promocodes inside)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by JoãoPereira, Aug 4, 2009.

1. JoãoPereira

JoãoPereira Active Member

Jul 20, 2009
    #1 JoãoPereira, Aug 4, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 10, 2009
    Hello,
    I am here to show my new game, called Falldown.
    Falldown is an addicting game, where you have yo jump from platform to platform without falling down. But be careful, some platforms are not so good. And keep away from the electric fence on the top.
    The controls are very simple. Tap on the right to move the player to the right, and tap on the left to move the character to the left.

There are 5 types of special platforms:
    The orange makes you jump.
    The green slides you to the right or left.
    The red takes 1 hearth.
    The black takes you 4 hearths.
    The yellow gives you full health.

You can buy the application here: (For only $0.99)
    App info is currently processing and/or the app is not yet fully available for sale on the US App Store.

Thanks all.

2. weisome

weisome Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2009
    Behind You!
    Got 49MFME9LJMKT. Thanks! :D

3. cathy

cathy Well-Known Member

Jun 18, 2009
    took 3J4K3HF6AWJM, thanks!

4. PureSkill

PureSkill Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2009
    We will see...
    Flour Bluff
    I got PEAJR9J4ENTN! Thanks!

5. Beans83

Beans83 Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2009
    XH3TMMJH644N
    got!

Thanks and will review.

6. Roxio82

Roxio82 Member

Jul 28, 2009
    Thanks for that awesome game !
    I've bought it and i am really addicted.
    And it really reminds me playing the game NSShaft in school with my friends.
    Thanks a lot, I highly recommend it to everybody that wants a game to play for hours, or just a simple game to waste some time.

7. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    JoãoPereira

Seems like I am always late at getting to try your apps out. Actually, not true - I did manage to be quick and try out 15 Tiles, which I still think is the best tile game out there.

Will look forward to seeing what people say. Hopefully you will not having us RUN for promocodes... That was you with the sequence game? Or maybe it was Felipe - anyways it was very funny.

8. weisome

Jul 9, 2009
    Behind You!
    #8 weisome, Aug 4, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2009
    Falldown is another Doodle Jump-like game. Instead of going up like in Doodle Jump, you go down in instead. You're supposed to avoid getting hit by an electrical fence or lose a life by going on the red platforms. It has different kinds of platforms like in Doodle Jump. The controls are pretty simple, you tap left or right of the screen to move. The scoring is by the number you see in the background. Like if I see a 4 in the background, then, well my score is 4. :p It is very fun. I like it a lot and am going to keep it. :D Also, some kind of music would be great.

9. JoãoPereira

Jul 20, 2009
    Thanks a lot for the simple review weisome. In the next version I am going to put a background music, and probably some simple sound effects when the character hits the platform.
    Also, I am planning of creating a global high score for the game, but I'm not sure.
    Thanks,
    bye.

10. weisome

Jul 9, 2009
    Behind You!
    You're welcome! Putting in a global high score would be awesome. :D

11. PureSkill

PureSkill Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2009
    We will see...
    Flour Bluff
    Falldown has a very simplistic interface and gameplay.
    Only two controls - left and right and a Pause button at the top of the screen.
    There are three difficulty settings - Easy, Medium and Hard. The Top 5 scores are saved for each setting.

The object of the game is to stay ahead of the electric fence that is coming toward you. To do this you just need to move either left or right to fall down to another platform below you before the fence reaches you.
    There are four different platforms that you can fall to, each with its own color and characteristic. Blue is normal, Red takes a life, Orange makes you bounce up and down, and green will slide you off the platform either to the left or to the right.

You can take several hits from the electric fence and the red platforms before its game over.

To increase your score, you have to make it a certain distance which is indicated in the background.

Graphics wise, it is a doodle game. It has the handdrawn paper doodle graphics that a few other games have. I would prefer a new platform look, but I really like the look of this games main doodle character.

So far, I have noticed that I have fell through a couple of the platforms. I am not sure if this is part of the game or if this is an error, but It has also happened to me that the start of a level where I just fall right though the first platform!

12. cranker

cranker Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2009
    Montreal
    With all the competition out there, GLOBAL high scores are a must for me to buy. :) Pick up and play games are all about score and competition or bordom sets in fast !!

13. Roxio82

Roxio82 Member

Jul 28, 2009
    I've never seen an application like that before in the appstore, congratulations João !
    But there are 2 things that I think you could add in an update of the game:
    1.Background Music/Sound Effects
    2.Global Highscores
    Thanks a lot for that game !

14. Clymos

Clymos Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2009
    I agree for a game like this global high scores are almost a must.

15. JoãoPereira

Jul 20, 2009
    Thanks everybody for the ideas.
    I've received many PMs with great ideas for a new update of the game.
    I'll try to implement some,
    Thanks, bye.

16. Roxio82

Roxio82 Member

Jul 28, 2009
    Thanks João for replying my PM.
    I have an idea for your game. You can add some objects in the platforms, like:
    1. A hearth that gives you all the stars (life)
    2. A shield that protects you from getting hurt for a few seconds
    3. A bomb that takes half of your life
    I am sorry to have to post a new reply every time I want to contact you, it's because I don't know how to edit my post.
    Thanks.

17. JoãoPereira

Jul 20, 2009
    Thanks everybody for the great ideas.
    I'll be sending to apple the new update of the game probably next week, so the update will be online in about 2 weeks.
    If you have any ideas, please reply to this post.
    Bye.

18. João,

I'm surprised nobody has called you out on this, but it's obvious you are using stolen art from Doodle Jump for your platforms. I suggest you replace them with original art before you get yourself in legal trouble. At the very least, your app will be pulled from the App store if you don't.
    :eek:

19. cathy

cathy Well-Known Member

Jun 18, 2009
    I feel bad... I took a promo code and then found out it needed OS 3.0. Are you planning on making this 2.2 compatible later?

20. Grubjelly

Grubjelly Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2009
    Absolutely stunningly gorgeous hand-drawn graphics. I'm sure the original makers of "Jumpman" from the early 80's would have given anything to be able to make use of such technology to render their own visions in such an inspirational way. Kudos.