iPad Fall Guy - By Ian Zeman (v1.0.0)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by BeardFace, Oct 5, 2010.

1. BeardFace

BeardFace Member

Oct 5, 2010
    #1 BeardFace, Oct 5, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2010
    Hi Everyone. Please allow me to introduce myself first of all. My name is Ian. I'm a lone developer working on a few projects for the iPhone/iPod touch.

[​IMG]

Fall Guy is my first venture into the App Store. Fall Guy a simple pick up and play game, but gets very addictive when you get into it. The basic premise: You help Fall Guy avoid approaching barriers while activating his protective bubbles to pass through the colored platforms. Sounds simple enough but once the game starts speeding up it gets mighty challenging!

If you'd like a fun new game to try out why not give Fall Guy a whirl?

Features include:
    • Three game modes, increasing in difficulty (Classic, Pit Fall and Pit Fall Extreme)
    • OpenFeint integration for Leader boards and achievements

iTunes link: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/fall-guy/id394734118?mt=8#
    Price: $0.99

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

If you have any comments at all about the game, good or bad, please do let me know. I will be updating it regularly and any feedback or suggestions would be very much appreciated! Thanks for looking :)

2. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    What? Where's Lee Majors? And Heather Thomas (the real reason for liking the Fall Guy)?

3. Howlingwolf

Howlingwolf Well-Known Member

Feb 18, 2010
    Uk
    Bought this a few days ago great little game and getting good reviews in the uk app store .
    Congrats too the developer :)

4. BeardFace

BeardFace Member

Oct 5, 2010
    Hey Howlingwolf, thanks mate I really appreciate that :) I've seen you on the leaderboard, not bad at all! ;)

5. Howlingwolf

Howlingwolf Well-Known Member

Feb 18, 2010
    Uk
    No problem its a great little game only tried the classic so far will try the other 2 when i get a chance

6. acrotran

acrotran Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2010
    How does it work? Let me guess. The guy in the bubble is falling. You have to guide him through the non-solid part of the barrier and you have to press the button of the same color as the barrier. Close?

7. BeardFace

BeardFace Member

Oct 5, 2010
    Yes sir, thats the basic premise of the game :)

8. sammysin

sammysin Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2010
    Government Official.
    Swansea, UK
    Love the icon, very amusing!

9. BeardFace

BeardFace Member

Oct 5, 2010
    Thankyou very much sammysin :)

10. First thing the subject made me think of too.

11. BeardFace

BeardFace Member

Oct 5, 2010
    Just IMDB'd the fall guy and it makes sense now, whoops. I havnt ever watched it, is it any good? I may have to add some sort of bounty hunting in a patch ;)

12. It's very much 80s camp, much like Simon & Simon, Cagney & Lacey, Heart to Heart, The Dukes of Hazard, etc. Lots of cheese and stuff that makes you cringe when watching it nowadays (though not as bad as re-watching The Greatest American Hero, as I did recently), but it was tha shizz back in the day. But it had Heather Thomas and Markie Post (Night Court) and that's what matters. :)

13. BeardFace

BeardFace Member

Oct 5, 2010
    So many shows that I'v missed. I grew up in South Africa, so I'v not seen most of those..

14. BeardFace

BeardFace Member

Oct 5, 2010
    Just changed a couple of screenshots on the first page :)

15. Well, I'll say they were fun and entertaining back in the day, but watching through a lot of those these days you really notice how much better TV shows have gotten in terms of acting, cinematography, script writing, etc. It's actually kind of surprising how much things have changed in what doesn't seem like that long a period.