Universal Fairystone (by odenis studio)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by touchy85, Jun 24, 2015.

1. stainboy

stainboy Member

Aug 3, 2010
    Wage Monkey
    thank you for your response! it is great to see you are actively reading and responding to this forum.

when you say "clean your memory" i believe you are referring to making more free memory available? i did notice i was down to less than 1 GB available space (about 750 MB). so i deleted some music to free up 4 GB space and restarted the iPad. that appears to have been the problem as the game is now performing much better. i am hoping my nieces' iPad 2 will be able to play the game well enough.

is there a recommended amount of space one should have free? perhaps mentioning the need for a minimum amount of free space on the device for gameplay would be useful on its App Store information page.

2. odenis studio

odenis studio Well-Known Member

Jul 16, 2014
    #22 odenis studio, Jun 25, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2015
    to palletguru. That's so nice. Thank you very much. Feel free to share this awesome comments on the AppleStore. As user, I always value the other opinions. For now you cannot see yourself. Because something magical is planified with this idea. And it will be really nice, trust me. But I have a hint for your family. Invite a lot of fairies. Some could raise fish and other species. You could transform in this specie using the magic. It's a nice feature ;)

3. odenis studio

Jul 16, 2014
    #23 odenis studio, Jun 25, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2015
    to stainboy. That's great. Yes memory could be a issue. You could remove some app in the background too. Fairystone tryes to use the best of your device. But trust me it you experience again some troubles, we are here for you. And check your private message ;)

4. Papa Deuce

Papa Deuce Well-Known Member

May 15, 2013
    But really, this game is meant for pre-teens, correct?

5. odenis studio

Jul 16, 2014
    Yes absolutly correct. And in the same time, it has been created to feed my imagination too ( as a father). There is natural tension in that. So you won't find any Zombie or dynamite. At the opposite you will find with the tiny creature a living world that I really appreciate. Invite them and yes your world will be full of live. Everything will interact with everything, it's the pulp of the game. After that, the construction tools are - I hope - a great iteration in term of performance.

6. icepulse

icepulse Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2008
    If you could incorporate an online multiplayer aspect, even if it would allow 1or 2 people to visit your world, w/ chat, etc. it would be perfect.

A few surprises as a reward for digging would be nice, too.

7. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    Even local multiplayer would add a lot to this for my daughter and I.

You should be able to dig for glitter, even if all it does is go POOF! and disappear... ;)

8. odenis studio

Jul 16, 2014
    #28 odenis studio, Jun 26, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2015
    Hello early users. Thank you to give a chance to our game without any reviews !!! The first news on this game are awesome but the firsts explorators of fairystone will stay the first forever !!! We are working on a very local multiplayer mode ( same iPad split in two parts ). It will take some time but it will be a nice start. We have seen with fish & shark that a lot of kids loved to play on the same device. Do you see that you can create a ride with the game block mode? Just create a start ( with a fish ride by example) and insert some path block to change direction.

9. patricioestrellablue

Jun 7, 2014
  10. palletguru

palletguru New Member

Jun 23, 2015
    I like all the building options

Be sure to check out all the tutorials that Odenis has posted. The rolling block copy and paste is really cool - you can lay down walls and sections very quickly this way - although finish the side facing you last, as your viewpoint is locked in rolling block mode.

The architect tool is great for building smaller items like furniture, as well as digging through walls and sections to make tunnels.

For younger kiddos, the "Big Block" tool is great - you can build a large castle in a small amount of taps. You get instant results pretty quickly, and they look great.

I can't wait to get home from work to show my kids the added depth of the building system. So far, they have focused on packing their worlds with fairies and haven't tried much building (some pregenerated worlds already have very nice buildings at start up).

This game is a gem - would have never found it if not for toucharcade. Per the dev's comments, multiplayer (two kids on the same ipad) would be amazing; local multiplayer a la minecraft would be just great in the future. The visual style is beautiful - this is *not* just another Minecraft clone, but something very unique.

11. toddfsu

toddfsu Well-Known Member

Mar 17, 2010
    From the 'upcoming' article:
    I mistakenly took that as local (wifi) multiplayer. I can't even imagine what a feature implementation like that would entail, but I hope the developer seriously considers adding local multiplayer in an update. My daughter is enjoying the app, but she does prefer to explore and build with me, so we still play Minecraft. This is definitely a more child friendly game but still has depth and better building options, overall this is a great game. Hopefully one day my daughter and I will be flying around the same world.

12. Shifaan

Shifaan Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2013
    Hey guys just one more question thanks. Anyone have any idea how smooth would this game run on iPod touch 5g? I think it's an A5 processor.

13. Glorkbot

Glorkbot Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2013
    Cartoonist
    My sons were interested in this game but are likely to be offended by the apps opening description "My little girl".

14. odenis studio

Jul 16, 2014
    Don't forget to share some pics of your creation! You could save a screenshot with tapping the home and on/off button at the same time !

15. odenis studio

Jul 16, 2014
    #35 odenis studio, Jun 27, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2015
    Dear Glokbot ;) You won't find any dynamite or zombie in this game. The pulp of the game is to gets a living world. As you can read from above reader here, you should be surprised by the efficiency of the tools to create this world. The game will continue to evolve but the life will stay the center.

16. sabahdattu

sabahdattu New Member

Jun 27, 2015
    Would like to review the game
    [​IMG]

17. odenis studio

Jul 16, 2014
  18. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    I think Glokbot might be referencing the fact that his young son would enjoy the game, but put off by the language used in the app description. Perhaps a gender-neutral "my child" would be a trivial change that would fit better. Any kid that would enjoy a cute, non-destructive Minecraft clone could enjoy this.

That being said - the building methods used here with a bit more simulation could make for a great city builder game, Minecraft style - I don't think I've played anything quite like that. Think classic SimCity or Tropico gameplay built around this game engine - you could even fit it the fairy theme in there and have the player be a fairy queen/king instead of a mayor/dictator! ;)

19. odenis studio

Jul 16, 2014
    Yes you are correct. I will strongly re-think on these first words again. for the future of this engine, we have a lot of idea here and I'm sure that you will be surprised too.

20. shining jade

shining jade Well-Known Member

Apr 1, 2013
    Replying to a very old thread x.x
    This game just went poof ..
    Was waiting on a VR feature in the iPod side of things & after doing a update reinstalling apps I noticed one app missing I couldn't get back Not even through the cloud ..FairyStone is gone ...why you were so neat !
    Is there any hope for it to make a comeback maybe a sequel??