iPhone Fairy Knights : Puzzle RPG (by WIDStudio)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by nyanpass, Jul 17, 2018.

1. zeroex

zeroex Well-Known Member

May 20, 2014
    Still looking for help getting past the water temple...

2. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    You may want to do a bit of grinding. I got slaughtered the first time I faced the water fairy, but after I went back to the start of the level, I was able to level up enough to survive the first attack. You still have to be tactical about your matches. Also, pick up a water shield for your priest.

3. dbagga84

dbagga84 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2013
    I can’t get through the underground tomb. It’s kai and digi. Everywhere I go is just a big circle, so on each floor (which just goes until you can’t go then you turn around and it repeats) he says “which way do I go?” I looked at digi but he doesn’t do anything so how can I tell which way is the right way on every new floor?

4. squarezero

squarezero Moderator

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Keep going in the direction that you were already going when you started the floor. After a few floors, you will run into an NPC who knows his way around the cavern and will join your party. When he does, he will tell you which direction to go and get you out of the maze pretty quickly.

5. dbagga84

May 22, 2013
    I did that. And I didn’t come across anyone. All that happened was I hit a wall and it wouldn’t let me go anymore so I turned around and went back the other way. But I always go the direction the party is facing, I learned very early on the hard way to do that. But since I entered the place I’ve died twice, which in case no one knows it saves then kicks you out of the dungeon with everything you have at the time of death. Mostly died because the enemies in there hit hard as f**k and no healer anymore and can only carry 5 of each potion. I’m currently using lvl 3 fire sword and lvl 3 fire shield (I felt there was no point in using a different weapon because kai at this point has access to only fire magic so, why use a weapon that increases water or wind when he can’t use it yet?) the fire sword is maxed at lvl 3 so it can’t be upgraded anymore and kai and digi are somewhere in the low 30s in lvl. But again I just can’t get through this place and I’ve only really died because of running out of potions going back and forth between floors b and e because a wall won’t let me continue passed either of those.

6. arkrian

arkrian Member

Mar 10, 2012

1) Underground Tomb A => to the left.
    2) Underground Tomb C => to the left.

At the left end of Tomb C you can see an NPC.
    When you talk to the NPC, he tells you how to get out of here.

Tip)
    Underground Tomb A Left => Undeground Tomb C
    Underground Tomb A Right => Undeground Tomb D

Underground Tomb B Left => No
    Underground Tomb B Right => Undeground Tomb C

Underground Tomb C Left (You can meet NPC here.) => Underground B
    Underground Tomb C Right => Undeground Tomb D

Underground Tomb D Left => Underground E
    Underground Tomb D Right => Undeground Tomb B

Underground Tomb E Left => Underground D
    Underground Tomb E Right => Exit! (If the NPC is in the party)

7. dbagga84

May 22, 2013
    I haven’t tried yet cause I’ve been out all day but thanks in advance! I’ll come back and thank again if I’m smart enough to get it right lmao.

8. dbagga84

May 22, 2013
    It worked. I’m just surprised I didn’t run in to him on my own. The first time I ran through I just went from A-B-C-etc then back down, but the second time I went through I went in different directions

9. crinoline

crinoline Member

Jan 24, 2015
    There's an NPC in the town before you get to the underground tomb who tells your fortune and gives you the hint "left, left" and that's how I found the Man in there, I just went left twice after entering.

10. dbagga84

May 22, 2013
    Huh. Good to know. I usually don’t pay much attention to npcs as far as I can tell it’s just filler there’s no like side quests or anything . I only
    Run through them once to make sure I pick up whatever continues the story :p

11. squarezero

squarezero Moderator

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Just beat the game. Easily my favorite RPG on mobile since Djinn Caster. The puzzle combat system gets more interesting and challenging as your characters get stronger — it really rewards skill. The story may not be quite original, but it has a few surprising twists, and the emotional beats feel earned. Great ending, too.

Oh, and before anyone asks, I’d say it took me about 15 hours to beat the game. Maybe more.

L.Lawliet likes this.
  12. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    Just bought this on a whim.
    In case noone mentioned it yet in this thread, it's not optimised for the big iPad Pro, I am getting the "1x/2x" viewport enlarger.

Will contact the developers and ask if they can change that.

13. nyanpass

nyanpass Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2017
    Fairy Knights has been around for less than a month since its global launch.
    (ver 1.061, Jul 17, 2018 [Added] English translation. Until July 17th, the game was a game in which developers locked up areas because English was not supported.)

If this game get the review from TouchArcade, it would be great for this developer.

This developer is in the process of developing his next game to make a better game. :)

L.Lawliet likes this.
  14. squarezero

squarezero Moderator

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
  15. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Slightly off topic but how is Djinn Caster? I personally am not a fan of the aesthetic. However if it's a good game then it's a good game. Do you recall how long it was? I heard it's like Zenonia which I loved but I can't tell if it's worth the purchase. I could play the free one but I don't like ads at all and would prefer to hear about it from someone else.

16. squarezero

squarezero Moderator

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Well, it’s another ARPG, so that’s a connection to Zenonia. The storytelling is more sophisticated and the combat/magic system is pretty different. It’s nowhere near as grindy.

Best thing I can say about it, though, it’s that, like Fairy Knights, it’s a labor of love. The characters are memorable, the story goes to interesting places, and the art direction (which I get may not be your thing) is really inventive. Took me about 20 hours to beat it and it was entertaining throughout. Highly recommended.

L.Lawliet likes this.
  17. arkrian

arkrian Member

Mar 10, 2012
    A new update has just been released.
    - New character controller (no more arrows for character moving controls on the screen)
    - After ending, you can play the game again from the beginning while maintaining the magic and equipment.
    - Add Equip button in Shop
    - Some sound fixes / bug fixes.

1_en.PNG 2_en.PNG

nyanpass likes this.
  18. Jorlen

Jorlen Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2009
    IT
    Canada
    I'm looking into this game but I am curious about your comment. I'm also looking for a good match-3 RPG and the recommendations have been all over the place. Do you have a few to recommend?

19. ramzarules

ramzarules Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2014
    Greece
    Except the ones above that are tied for spot n.4 here is my personal ranking
    1) Hero Emblems and Marvel Puzzle Quest 2) Super Glyph Quest 3) Guardian Sword 5) Puzzle and Dragons USA. Most of the rest online are usually too greedy and the offline have something missing for me.

20. stubbieoz

stubbieoz Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    #60 stubbieoz, Sep 23, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2018
    I inherited an iPhone 6 Plus from the misses (I tend to get my iPhones from family when they upgrade). :D
    It's about the minimum screen size I can cope with at my age.

Got to say I'm very happy having purchased this game after a couple of hours playing.
    The translation is quite good with only a couple of minor grammar errors. The story is nothing inspiring but it is decent rpg standard.
    Love the combat mechanics, a nice change from normal turn based stuff.

Very good crystal clear graphics, and the music is reasonable at worse and quite good at best. Sound effects are well made.
    However I don't like that the only audio options for music and effects are seperate on/off switches, just a pet hate of mine. I wish devs would always include separate volume sliders.

I installed it on my large iPad Pro and of coarse it is a x1 screen, but it's not too bad. Great to see the game has cloud saving so it is hassle free swapping my save from iPhone to iPad.
    All in all this is a really good rpg, good for long and short plays.

Oh and of coarse it is without any iap's and plays offline so the dev really deserves your support. ;)

edit:
    Oh and know that this isn't really a traditional rpg, more like an adventure game. All levelling up stats are automatic, and you have no character customising. You can choose what items/equipment to have though. So when it comes to character building it's more like a Zelda rpg rather than a Baldurs Gate style.
    It's still pretty darn :cool:

nyanpass likes this.