FaceFudge - fudge your face :)

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by physmotone, Sep 10, 2010.

1. physmotone

physmotone Active Member

Jun 7, 2010
    Hi,

I've got a new app out called 'FaceFudge' that lets you see how you'd look as a criminal, a victorian or even as a 50's geek :)

It's a free download for the iPhone/iPod touch and a mere 59p/99c if you want to buy extra face templates to use. You can also post your results to facebook or twitter.

Here's a link to the itunes store:

http://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/facefudge/id382427944?mt=8

And a youtube video if you want to have a look before you download:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dSLPEBFJIrs

Thanks!
    Tone

2. LonERecoN

LonERecoN Well-Known Member

Take this as constructive critisism, because that is what it is;

I wouldn't buy this app. The reasons are because there are other alternatives out there, that possibly are even free, and they also offer more options and templates. From the looks of the youtube video, there are 6 templates overall. Male and Female for the actual three templates.

Is this really worth 99c? I dunno, but even though your app contains style, it lacks content.

Anyway, don't let my opinion put anyone off, but I personally wouldn't be buying.

3. physmotone

physmotone Active Member

Jun 7, 2010
    Hi,

Thanks for the feedback, the free version has 6 templates and the 99c upgrade has over 40 so I don't think its particularly bad value for money. I think it's nicer to have a 'try before you buy' and that's the reason its a free download.

The software also does a lot of background work to reposition and match the face shades so you don't have to modify it yourself - a lot of other apps (such as oldbooth) require you to do a lot of that work yourself.

Thanks,
    Tone

4. DexT79

DexT79 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2010
    Looks like it might be fun on the video, gonna get it now and try it out but this doesn't sound that good:

"Rip off

by TongueJedi
    Paid the 99 cents for extra templates. Never got them and male no longer works. Of course like most apple devs no response just take the money and run."

Of course not all iTunes reviews are 100% serious and the base game is free so ill try that atleast :)

5. physmotone

physmotone Active Member

Jun 7, 2010
    Yeah, I think that guy just didn't realise he'd bought it - he left another review underneath that one (4 stars) that says he enjoyed it.

6. DexT79

DexT79 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2010
    You are right, my bad! And it's a fun app gonna grab the other templates aswell ;)

7. physmotone

physmotone Active Member

Jun 7, 2010
    Great, glad you liked it :)

Thanks,
    Tone

8. caterpillar

caterpillar Member

Sep 11, 2010
    nice little app, could maybe do with a few more free templates but fun apart from that

9. badmanj

badmanj Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2009
    Software developer
    Reading, England
    Looks good but if you'd produced two versions, a Lite with the In App Purchase and a Full with everything included, then you'd make more sales.

The reason is that anyone who has a Jailbroken device cannot make In App Purchases... so can't buy your product. This is why it's best to produce both a Lite and a Full rather than do it how you have...

I would definitely buy the full version if you ever decide to do this!

Jamie

10. deputy

deputy Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2009
    New York
    But also creating a "full app" opens the doors to the possibility of piracy. Is this a new problem with Jailbreaking to prevent users from making in-app purchases? I Jailbroke my iPhone ages ago and had no problems with the iTunes store.

11. physmotone

physmotone Active Member

Jun 7, 2010
    Thanks for the info Jamie, I didn't realise you couldn't use the in-app purchase system on jailbroken phones - I'll definitely look into doing a full version without that.

Thanks,
    Tone

12. caterpillar

caterpillar Member

Sep 11, 2010
    got a quick suggestion - it would be nice if you could maybe pick the face from a list instead of going through them all?

13. physmotone

physmotone Active Member

Jun 7, 2010
    We did think about that when we were making the app but thought it would be a bit simpler if it just chose them at random. We're going to be adding new face templates in the future so we'll definitely look into adding a list option too.

Thanks,
    Tone