Universal Fable Age (by Blue Tea Games US)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by TouchArcade Bot, Apr 14, 2014.

1. fableageparmenion

fableageparmenion Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2014
    #1361 fableageparmenion, Jul 27, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2015
    Chromatic Elixirs are very tasty. I need to find some more maxed Merlin buddies (I only have 2). I do have one Fairy Godmother buddy, but I'm hesitant to experiment until I gain a level because of the high stamina cost. Fairy Godmother is good for Heroic difficulty, just not sure about Godly difficulty.

You have an extra Goldie? I have two. After selling 2.

I was thinking about good uses for the Elixir of Wisdom. Maybe like the Archmages or something? Normally getting your active down 1 or 2 steps isn't that significant -- arguably if there's a way to get multiple King Thrushbeards and get him to a level 5 Active, then the cooldown is 21. If you could get a Level 6 enchantment from the Elixir of Wisdom (= cooldown is less by 2), then his cooldown would be 19. Still, it's not that great.

Now with the Archmages, if you get them to Level 5 Active, that would be a cooldown of 4. Their ability isn't that good -- destroy gems in the color of weakness (i.e., Flame Archmage destroys Water gems). But with a cooldown of 2 (i.e., Level 5 Active plus Elixir of Wisdom Level 6 enchantment), destroying gems every other round might significantly reduce damage in limited situations.

2. qq28

qq28 Member

Jun 27, 2015
    What team do you use for the chromatic quests? And how often do the chromatic quests come around?

I tried with King Midas, Jack, Thrushbeard, BBW, and Fairy Godmother (friend) and barely won in heroic. I don't think she's suitable for Godly either.

3. fableageparmenion

Dec 20, 2014
    Chromatic Elixirs are every 4 weeks only Monday/Tuesday.

Chromatic Elixir, Heroic, I usually do:
    max Rose Red, max King Midas, max Snow Queen, max False Prince and a friend like max Fairy Godmother or max Guinevere.

Chromatic Elixir, Godly, I move to more defense:
    max Rose Red, max King Midas, max Snow Queen, max Goldilocks and friend Merlin.

4. fableageparmenion

Dec 20, 2014
    Drat, I tried :)

To: [email protected]

Howdy --

I assume this is going to Steven Zhao. I am trying to find the contact information for you / Blue Tea Games as I don't think there has been much web content development as well as development for Fable Age.

I am a software engineer who enjoys playing Fable Age but I've largely exhausted the game. On the toucharcade forums, I am known as fableageparmenion (my handle in Fable Age is parmenion) -- I've completed all 23 fables released to date, plus gotten a ton of heroes up to their max level.

I was wondering if I might be able to do some development on Fable Age.

There are certainly a number of misspellings and defects that could be easily fixed, and then some new development could be done.

Compensation, we could discuss. In terms of bug fixes, I could settle for the time in my work in Fable stones -- thus no cost to you.

Let me know,
    --me
    [My name and contact info]

--------
    Reply:
    To: me

Hey (fableageparmenion),

Thanks for your email, and your support. We're not as actively supporting Fable Age these days, business has been tough with that genre. However we are working on a live pvp card game and should be out in a couple of months. If you're interested in that type of game I can keep you in the loop as the game comes closer to launch.

Steve

5. qq28

qq28 Member

Jun 27, 2015
    #1365 qq28, Jul 30, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2015
    Darn. That's too bad because I do think with some bug fixes and minor developments, income stream could improve for Fable Age. Nonetheless, it was a valiant effort.

I was only able to snatch one chromatic elixir this time. Heroic difficulty is still pretty hard for me, especially with those skeleton mages hiding behind the blockers (whatever those are called). I noticed they are mostly or all nature elements, and my team lack strong fire element heroes. I'm guessing the element theme switches each time it comes around?

6. fableageparmenion

Dec 20, 2014
    I think I can insist with Steve ... been thinking about this. I have enough money from my job and can't promise a ton of new stuff, but even like 1-3 hours a week, about the time that I spend playing Fable Age, would be worth it. Even if it gives them like bragging rights that they finally finish.

7. blueteagames

blueteagames Well-Known Member

Apr 4, 2014
    Thanks guys.

To further explain our decision, the amount of features we need to add to Fable Age to make it a viable business is beyond what we could handle - and even if we built it, we weren't sure the game would be able to support our team. The reality is we launched Fable Age at a time when the PAD genre was hugely competitive, and still is. As lucky as we were able to have fans support us in TouchArcade, we couldn't compete against the larger titles out there, and as of result Fable Age had very little visibility despite our marketing effort. What we could do at that point was to commit our remaining resource and focus on our next game.

Steve

8. fableageparmenion

Dec 20, 2014
    Legionaire [sic] Elixir and Level 6 (Greater Legionaire) Enchantment

Okay, so I don't generally get Legionaire Elixirs. But just out of kicks, I did manage to get the Level 6 (Legendary) Enchantment.

Like the Chromatic Elixir and the Elixir of Wisdom, the Level 6 (Legendary) Enchantment is about 10%.

Here are what I've seen:

LEGIONAIRE ELIXIR
    Level 5 (Legionaire) Enchantment: +1-3% critical chance, +10-58% critical damage
    Level 6 (Greater Legionaire) Enchantment: +5% critical chance, +65% critical damage

Note this is less than the False Prince, the Mad Knight's passive (+8% critical chance, +200% critical damage).

However, if you wanted a truly strong offense hero, you could enchant False Prince, the Mad Knight with Legionnaire Elixir.

CHROMATIC ELIXIR
    Level 5 (Chromatic Resistance) Enchantment: +4-9% resist all
    Level 6 (Greater Chromatic Resistance) Enchantment: +11% resist all

Note this is less than Goldilocks, Master of Bears' passive (20% resist all) -- and is a bit buggy. The resist all for Chromatic doesn't apply to Dark opponents or bosses. It does apply for all other elements.

Some combination of Blocking and Resist all is necessary for higher levels.

ELIXIR OF WISDOM
    Level 5 (Skill Up) Enchantment: Reduce cooldown by 1 turn
    Level 6 (Greater Skill Up) Enchantment: Reduce cooldown by 2 turns

1 turn over 18-25 turns is highly negligible. It's just not worth it. However, reducing cooldown by 2 turns if your cooldown is already pretty low could be really interesting.

9. fableageparmenion

Dec 20, 2014
    So for the Mages, whose ability is to destroy gems of weakness, the maximum Active is 4 (not 5), or Cooldown=5 turns. With the Greater Skill Up, you would only lower that to 3. Not that great.

Destroying gems of weakness isn't that good of a skill anyway.

Additionally, the archmages only max out at level 50.

Verdict: you're better off spending experience and potions and your time working on other heroes.

10. turfburn2001

turfburn2001 New Member

Sep 14, 2015
    Rose Red

How do I get Rose red? Does she drop in a quest or is it from the random oracle draw?

11. fableageparmenion

Dec 20, 2014
    Rose Red is either 1) a rare draw or 2) upon the completion of the "Rose Red and the Seven Rubies" Fable, i.e., The Field of Thorns -- there is a random event.

Meaning, usually when you finish the Field of Thorns for the first time, you'll get offered to buy Rose Red for 20 Fable stones. Personally I think it's worth it -- Rose has the biggest critical percent in the game.

If you completed all the fables before this point and saved the Fable stone, and played about a month, you should have enough Fable stones to buy her.

12. blueteagames

blueteagames Well-Known Member

Apr 4, 2014
    The next game from Fable Age's creators: Mavenfall

Hey everyone! I just wanted to pop in to thank you all for your love and support for Fable Age. We've just announced our next game, Mavenfall. You can learn more about it right here in the TA forums: http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=271260

[​IMG]

13. fableageparmenion

Dec 20, 2014
    couple more bugs this week...

The weekly announcement says Great Wicked Fairy -- but the weekly quest is actually Belle, Princess of Beauty.

The daily announcement says Chromatic Elixir but it's Legionaire Elixir.

I'm definitely winding down on this game -- have max'ed out 31 heroes out of 44 that I have and am in progress with 6. 3 of them (all the mages) are probably not worth leveling up as they max out at level 50.

I think it would be nice to get Fairy Godmother, Guinevere and Merlin, but that's about all the heroes I'd really like. I tried hard to ask Steve in offering my services for Fable stones and doing like 2-3 hours a week, but to no avail. So my prediction is: 6 months tops, I'll be headed to a new game.

A number of my heroes are already Active level 5 (including Phoenix Prince, Great Wicked Fairy, all the Savages)...

14. fableageparmenion

Dec 20, 2014
    #1374 fableageparmenion, Oct 1, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2015
    Extended Mathematic Analysis (Rose Red, False Prince)

Just out of personal curiosity, I was looking at my team with and without both Rose Red (actually Rose Red, Lady of the Flame) and False Prince (False Prince, the Mad Knight).

So just for sake of argument, all of my characters do about 2000 damage. Fire characters at level 120 do a bit more, around 2500 for False Prince; just shy of 1900 for Rose Red. Midas does 2158 and Snow Queen does 1948. But just rounding, 2000 seems good. Assume also I'm using a Fire hero friend like Phoenix Prince or Merlin.

If I have no bonuses to critical percent and critical damage, the base is 6% critical percent with 200% bonus damage.

Translation:
    Expected damage base and ranges -
    Nature 2240 (i.e., 94% normal damage of 2000, 6% triple damage) (range = 2000-6000)
    Water 2240 (range = 2000-6000)
    Fire 6720 (range = 2000-6000 x3)

Adding just Rose Red (+20% critical) jumps me 22% critical chance. Seems like a bug. (6% + 20% = 26%, not 22%)

Okay ... let's go with the 22% critical chance.
    Expected damage with Rose Red, Lady of the Flame -
    Nature 2880 (i.e., 78% normal damage of 2000, 22% triple damage) (range = 2000-6000)
    Water 2880 (range = 2000-6000)
    Fire 8640 (range = 2000-6000 x3)

Now let's add in the False Prince, the Mad Knight. That jumps me to 30% critical chance and +400% critical damage.
    Expected damage with Rose Red and False Prince -
    Nature 4400 (i.e., 70% normal damage of 2000, 30% quintuple damage) (range = 2000-10000)
    Water 4400 (range = 2000-10000)
    Fire 13200 (range = 2000-10000 x3)

This is kind of important for the heroic and godly difficulty elixirs and XP Tomes/Fableton Library quests. I think I need something like 10-11k damage in a strike (including chain bonuses) against the defenders in Heroic difficulty and 16k damage in a strike against defenders in Godly difficulty.

Toss in a Level 6 legendary enchant for Legionaire [sic] Elixir. Say an additional 5% critical and 65% damage:
    Expected damage with Rose Red, False Prince enchanted with Legionaire Elixir -
    Nature 5255 (i.e., 65% normal damage of 2000, 35% chance of 565% total damage) (range = 2000-10000)
    Water 5255 (range = 2000-11300)
    Fire 15765 (range = 2000-11300 x3)

Verdicts:
    1. Adding in just Rose Red and False Prince do increase your damage considerably (especially False Prince) -- calculated +28.6% with Rose Red, Lady of the Flame and +39% with just False Prince, the Mad Knight.

2. Adding both False Prince and Rose Red add for considerable damage (+96% expected damage and potential damage to go up to 5x normal damage).

3. Adding in a Level 6 Legionaire [sic] Elixir jumps up your expected value of damage quite a bit higher: +135% with a maximum range of up to 565% damage.

4. Of course, as mentioned before, if you can add in a Merlin, the All-Powerful Wizard, your damage grows geometrically faster the longer the chain.

For instance, if you took in a 11-gem chain with 3 of every normal (not burst) gem and 2 heart gems, expected elemental would have looked like:
    Nature 5255 * 1.1 (3 gems, each at +5% beyond first) * 1.5 (11 gem chain, each gem beyond first adding 5%) = 8670; range = 3300-18645
    Water 8670; range = 3300-18645
    Fire 26010; range = 3300-18645 x3

If you add in Merlin,
    Nature 5255 * 1.2 (3 gems, each at +10%) * 2 (11 gem chain, each gem adding 10%) = 12612; range = 4800-27120
    Water 12612; range = 4800-27120
    Fire 39836; range = 4800-27120 x3

I think this is why for godly difficulty, Rose Red, False Prince, and Merlin must be 3 of the 5 heroes.

15. fableageparmenion

Dec 20, 2014
    Another terrible bug

Most of my friends aren't showing up when I go to quests. (That and I can't delete the first person I friended.)

Only have a choice of 3-4 friends is kind of silly. The game is trying really hard to get rid of me... and I might take the hint!

16. fableageparmenion

Dec 20, 2014
    Well, it looks like the end of Fable Age.

Yesterday, I could log in, but there was no News and trying to get into any quests crashed the app.

Today, I can't log in.

17. fableageparmenion

Dec 20, 2014
    On the Fable Age facebook group, it was announced officially on December 19, 2015 that they would continue operations of the game at the end of 2015.

So R.I.P.

18. Vendince

Vendince Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 17, 2013
    I'm sorry to hear it, I loved the game a lot.

19. Kaboobie

Kaboobie Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2015
    I discovered much to my surprise that Gogii Games has re-released Fable Age. It seems to be a simplified version but I am having fun with it so far. It is available in the iOS App Store.