Universal Fable Age (by Blue Tea Games US)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by TouchArcade Bot, Apr 14, 2014.

1. fableageparmenion

fableageparmenion Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2014
    Oops, I didn't reply?

Belle's drop rate as with the others is about 25% on Heroic and 10% on Hard. Of course you could get lucky.

I think I usually sink in something like 800+ stamina over a week on these and I usually average getting around 8-10 drops in Heroic. I think it averages that I get my active up 2 levels.

2. fableageparmenion

Dec 20, 2014
    Hey Vendince: Legendary Fable Queens is this week, with Fairy Godmother as the Friday "very rare" draw!!!

3. fableageparmenion

Dec 20, 2014
    #1343 fableageparmenion, Jul 8, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2015
    Fairy Godmother

Since Friday is the very rare draw of the Fairy Godmother, here's my PSA (as in public service announcement):

Fairy Godmother and Fairy Godmother, Granter of Wishes
    Max level = 120
    Max Health = 3803
    Max Power = 1793
    Alignment: Lawful
    Element: Water

Passive Skill: Fairydust Shield II: +40% chance to block to a max normal of 50%. (You can increase max block only if you have Defensive aura which increase max chance to block.)

Active Skill: Healing Wish: Full heal / recover full health

Fairy Godmother is a great add to a majority of teams (except maybe Dragon Prince). The major downside is she is a defensive character -- which means that while she has a ton of health and she provides blocking and healing, she doesn't do a lot of damage. Damage tends to be geometric based on gems you take in as a factor of your base damage (although you can amplify that damage with Merlin).

In terms of say fighting the Godly difficulty Chromatic Elixir, I was using a base team of
    1. Midas, King of Gold,
    2. Rose Red, Lady of the Flame,
    3. Snow Queen, Regent of the Ice
    4. Goldilocks, Master of Bears [in Heroic difficulty, I don't need as much resistance so I use False Prince, the Mad Knight in this slot]

And friend:
    5. Merlin, the All Powerful Wizard

Definitely the best combo. I could sub in my friend who has 5. Fairy Godmother, Granter of Wishes -- however, every battle took longer (so there's more potential to make mistakes), sometimes a lot longer -- especially the boss battle. The trade off is that you will get hit a lot fewer times due to the higher blocking.

By the way, for intermediate battles before the boss battle, sometimes it's necessary to use up some heart gems *even if you don't need healing* as this increases the potential number of non-heart gems i.e., increases your offense/damage.

Fairy Godmother doesn't combo with other characters (unlike say, Snow Queen + Rose Red + Guinevere).

4. qq28

qq28 Member

Jun 27, 2015
    That's exciting! Knowing my luck, I'll probably draw squires, Druids, or enchantresses. Regardless, I'll give it a shot. Legendary fable queens will be a nice addition too. Hey, one can only hope right? :)

5. qq28

qq28 Member

Jun 27, 2015
    So I was under the impression that skill merge lvl is carried over when the hero is evolved. Had a red riding hood with a maxed out skill lvl 4, evolved, then goes back to lvl 1. Grrrrr...

6. fableageparmenion

Dec 20, 2014
    There's a bug, or maybe it's a feature. I dislike it too. If the *name* of the skill changes (sometimes to reflect that it's a different damage or different whatever) -- then the level of the skill does NOT carry over and resets to 1.

Examples:
    Robin Hood
    Beast
    Snow White
    Sapphire Alchemist (becoming Sapphire Master Alchemist)
    etc.

I used up my stockpile of Fable gems this morning (35 of them, 7 draws):
    Queen Rapunzel x2 (the only good one) --> I used one and a Fairy I was saving and got level 2 Active.
    Flame Enchantress
    Fire Sage
    Nature Squire
    Nature Enchantress
    Nature Druid

Grunt.

Incidentally, I can see someone who has "Arthur, King of the Round." Wonder how this person got this hero?

Passive: +100% damage if you take in 20 or more gems
    Active: Ignore all linking effects (i.e., linking cost 0) for one turn

I think it's time to save up Fable gems for another few months...

7. qq28

qq28 Member

Jun 27, 2015
    #1347 qq28, Jul 10, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2015
    That sucks. Seems the draw rate of the good heroes are really low. On the bright side, you did get a rapunzel and merged to lvl 2.

Perhaps King Arthur was available at one point or maybe is still available now just with .001% draw rate. Active skill is not useful if the team has link makers. Passive seems pretty
    good though.

I'll be rare drawing later today and will post my results. Fingers crossed. Wish me luck.

Update: I got

Shaman
    Water Druid
    Briar rose
    Cinderella
    Sorceress

Sigh...

8. fableageparmenion

Dec 20, 2014
    Yuck. Well, Briar Rose and Cinderella are good. Sorceress and Shaman you can get from the quests (unfortunately). Although the news page says 350% chance of getting (whatever), I think that's only about a 10% chance that it drops any particular hero in that set.

9. fableageparmenion

Dec 20, 2014
    #1349 fableageparmenion, Jul 14, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2015
    Weeding out heroes

So I think I'm in the end game ... only have Elixir of Wisdom - Godly left as an unfinished quest.

I've contacted Blue Tea Games to see if I can do some development/bug fixes.

Currently I've been selling off some lower level heroes to maintain a limited space (I got rid of the Elf Lords and Marksmen).

I currently have:

List of maximum level heroes (max level)
    Snow White, Master Sorceress (50)
    Sapphire Master Alchemist (60)
    Raiding Pirate (60)
    Water Savage (60)
    Storm Sorceress (80)
    Snow Queen, Regent of the Ice (120)
    Goldilocks, Master of Bears (120)
    Rose Red, Lady of the Flame (100)
    Ruby Master Alchemist (60)
    Fire Savage (60)
    Blazing Witch (80)
    False Prince, the Mad Knight (120)
    Nature Savage (60)
    Robin Hood, the Master Archer (50)
    Ivy Shaman (80)
    Midas, the King of Gold (120)
    Dragon Prince, The Breath of Flame (120)
    Sheriff of Nottingham (100)
    Little John, the Mighty (100)
    Friar Tuck, the Devout (100)
    Mountain Dwarf Master (100)
    Apple Witch Queen (100)
    Huntsman, Warden of Ice (100)
    Phoenix Prince, Lord of the Ashes (120)
    Big Bad Wolf, Tyrant of the Woods (100)
    The Great Wicked Fairy (100)
    Belle, Princess of Beauty (100)
    Castellan, the Beast Guardian (100)
    Rapunzel, Queen of the Tower (120)
    Sea Commander (60)
    Nature Swordmaster (80)
    Forest Druid (80)
    Cinderella, Princess of Crystals (100)
    Forest Enchantress (80)
    Ruby Sage (100)

I am in progress with the following heroes (current level):
    Siren Princess (40)
    Sapphire Sage (66)
    Fire Swordmaster (60)
    Frost Druid (60)
    Flame Enchantress (39)

I have these I haven't started yet:
    Wood Mage
    Frost Mage
    Flame Mage

I think over the next 4 months, I'll probably continue getting my Active levels up and maximize the levels of key heroes. Might do a rare draw again when the Legendary Fable Queens comes up. Hopefully it will also be a Merlin or Fairy Godmother Friday.

10. qq28

qq28 Member

Jun 27, 2015
    That's quite an accomplishment. Congrats!! Yes, we def need someone in Blue Tea Games to fix bugs and maybe even provide additional game updates.

Briar Rose and Cinderella are both good, except I have Cinderella already. I think I ended up merging her and successfully increased the skill lvl.

I still have quite a ways to go. Just finished book 23. Seems goldilocks is the next legendary fable so trying to gear up for the battle. I don't think it's doable though with my heroes given she's the hardest of the 4.

11. fableageparmenion

Dec 20, 2014
    I think it's actually Dragon Prince starting Sunday, but we'll see.

Dragon Prince does 13k Nature damage every turn.
    The main trick is to poison him (any character that poisons, including Shaman/Ivy Shaman/Nature Shaman available today) to prevent his regeneration.
    Being that he does 13k damage, you have to up your resistances (Ivy Shaman offers 35% Nature) and have enough health to survive the attack. Blocking is useful.

If it's Goldilocks, she does about 15200 Water damage every other turn and you lose 3 links per Water gem you took in every turn. Storm Sorceress with a 35% resistance and then 20% damage reduction is helpful. So you do need heroes that restore links, and preferably more than one.

12. qq28

qq28 Member

Jun 27, 2015
    #1352 qq28, Jul 19, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2015
    Ok, now that Goldilocks is out, I need some advice on taking her down. I saved up about 3000 x 500 exp in preparation for the legendary hero. I'm thinking of using the following team:

King Midas lvl60 (fully potioned)(not evolved, need to wait till Tues to get evolve material)
    Big Bad Wolf, Tyrant of the Woods lvl80 (not potioned)
    Storm Sorceress lvl60 (not potioned)
    Jack, Slayer of Giants lvl80 (half potioned)
    Maxed out Repunzel as friend
    Side note: will be spamming water resistance elixirs to maximize water resistance

Other possible options include as follows:

Red Riding Hood, Tamer of Wolves lvl65 (not potioned)
    King Thrushbeard, King of Ax lvl65 (mostly potioned)
    Geppetto lvl50 (not potioned and not evolved)
    Frog Prince lvl1
    Princess Ivy lvl1
    Constable of Nottingham lvl1

So that's what I got. I do have many exp books saved so it will be easy to lvl up unused or current heroes, but I do want to lvl the right heroes to take her down. I realize this is going to be a long battle because I don't have any heavy hitters. But in this case, survival is my strategy. Would having Midas and Jack be enough for link generation? I could bring a max'd out Snow Queen to whack her with implosion instead of Repunzel which might be a good idea and saves more time, but survival will be tougher. Thoughts on team make up?

13. fableageparmenion

Dec 20, 2014
    Rapunzel and Storm Sorceress are a bit redundant -- do you have a friend who is say Guinevere, Queen of the Round (the higher level the better)?

Actually, this might be useful -- if people could post here if you have say
    Merlin, the All-Powerful Wizard
    Snow Queen, Regent of the Ice
    Guinevere, Queen of the Round

(And also level and your friend code) -- that would be very useful.

I'm a bit dismayed that Goldilocks, Master of Bears' active is "Mighty Hammer of Vengeance" where as Goldilocks' active is "Hammer of Vengeance" -- meaning I can't merge skills. Or I could, if I level and evolve Goldilocks, except that seems excessive.

If you can use defensive elixirs and get somewhere like 10-13% water resistance above the 35% Storm Sorceress passive and you can add some water resistance on some characters to get yourself up to around 50-60%, you'd need 6000-7000 total health to survive one hit. Give yourself some margin of error, if you can double that, say 12000-14000 total health, that would be better.

My mental estimate is for a level 100 character, that averages around 2500 health and level 120 characters are around 3000 health.

Two link restorers are definitely good -- so I would take Jack. I like Midas.

I believe max water resistance in the Elemental Elixir quest is only like 8% (Defensive Elixirs max to 13%).

My usual team of max Midas, max Snow Queen, max Rose Red, max Storm Sorceress, plus friend max Guinevere with a total team 60% water resistance has never lost to Goldie; the team just takes a long time to take her down. Like 35 minutes.

14. qq28

qq28 Member

Jun 27, 2015
    #1354 qq28, Jul 20, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2015
    Thanks, very useful info! I didn't know defensive elixirs allow higher element resistance. This changes my elixir use strategy. Good thing I didn't sell those defensive elixirs. :O

I like the idea of bringing Guinevere and have a friend at lvl 82 which is decent. Her passive and active would improve my survival chances drastically. I also agree that Rapunzel is redundant. Given that my team lacks heavy offensive, like Merlin or Rose, I'm anticipating this battle to last hours. I may try bringing a Snow Queen for first attempt for implosion and see if I can survive.

Yea, it's definitely annoying that skill merge doesn't work like that. But hey, if you have extra Goldies and exp books, why not. :)

Just a random thought. I noticed that when I bring the the same hero as a friend, such as 2 Jacks, their passives stack. Links recovered would be 14 versus 7. Seems like a bug. Maybe this would work bringing 2 Goldilocks, but haven't experimented with 2 same heroes on a team.

15. fableageparmenion

Dec 20, 2014
    Some passives stack. Some don't. Ones that definitely don't include Rose Red and Snow Queen. Sometimes the passive mentions that it doesn't stack.

16. qq28

qq28 Member

Jun 27, 2015
    #1356 qq28, Jul 22, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2015
    Just dethroned Goldie!! Thanks fableageparmenion for the tips!!

The battle took an hour and a half, but would have been 100x longer if I didn't bring a Snow Queen friend. She did 95% of the damage. It took me a fable stone, but it was well spent because I was 75% into the battle and got the stone back after the win. I was definitely lucky in the battle give the amount of hearts I received throughout. Here is my team:

King Midas lvl90 fully potioned 12% water resistance
    Jack lvl 80 mostly potioned 3% critical chance
    Big bad wolf lvl100 half potioned 10% water resistance
    Storm Sorceress lvl80 not potioned 7% max water resist, 2% max water resist (seems to be a bug because my resistance was capped at 60% without the max increase and confirmed during the battle)
    Friend: Snow Queen lvl85 enchanted with power increase

At 60% resistance, she dmg was 6,142 which is 15,355 unresisted. After the 20% Dmg reduction, her hit was 4,913. If I had 62% resistance, it was very possible that I didn't have to spend the stone, but then again I was pretty lucky throughout the battle. Now knowing that my resistance is capped, I would have traded storm sorceress' water resist enchantment for critical chance. Before I forget, here are my strategies and tips given my team:

-Limit link use and maximize passive link bonus especially before storm sorceress' damage reduction. This means only link once per turn for green gems. Even with 2 link makers, I was still hurting for links throughout the battle.
    -Before using active to restore links, get rid of all the water gems! You will save links this way.
    -Space out link actives of 2 heroes to limit risk of having no links and with no hearts on board, and only restore links if 1. Your board does not have enough hearts or 2. Link restore of another hero is spaced out enough in turns.
    -When low on links and there is a large amount of water gems on board, link as much as possible because Goldie will absorb any unused ones anyways.
    -Delay heart use as much as possible until isolated hearts are adjacent for potentially higher heal bonus. Try to eliminate gems between hearts. Sometimes this may cause heart gems to connect but at a greater % bonus.
    -Ration heart use. Do not over use hearts if there are plenty on board although it's tempting. Save those for the next round of attack.

That's all I can think of for now.

17. fableageparmenion

Dec 20, 2014
    Congrats.

She is tough and Snow Queen does do most of the damage (and specifically Implosion does most of the damage) if you don't have Brownweave Bear. I do have a Bear friend with a level 100 Brownweave bear, but I'll do that a little later today.

I have a level 120 King Midas (Blocking 8%) and Level 120 Snow Queen (Chromatic Resistance 11%) if you need (both fully potioned):
    RHSGzVKmQi

18. qq28

qq28 Member

Jun 27, 2015
    Added you. If you notice a Midas in training, that's me. Your Snow Queen would be really helpful to me! Thanks!

I took a snapshot of the implosions and here's the breakdown:

Total dmg from implosions is 26,058k and I estimate that she has about 34 million hp. So implosion did 77% of the dmg. Took 238 turns. Crazy.

19. fableageparmenion

Dec 20, 2014
    So I did a Bear run of Goldie last night -- had a friend with a level 100 Epic Brownweave Bear.

The Brownweave Bear does a lot more damage and gives you a lot more health as compared to any other character (350% bonus vs. Goldie) so I think I was finishing in about 30-35 minutes. It's not a significant boost. Most of the damage was still done by Snow Queen's Implosion. Because of Brownweave Bear's huge bonuses, I was sitting up at 27k health, so I was never in a pickle in terms of damage. However, links were still a problem and having two link restorers is still good (used Midas' full restore 2-3 times still).

All of the legendary quests have some kind of "trick" or you need two things to deal with them successfully:

False Prince - fire resistance, block (if you successfully block, False Prince stops his heart-gem attack)
    Dragon Prince - nature resistance, poison (poison stops him from regenerating)
    Phoenix Prince - fire resistance, healing.
    Goldilocks - water resistance, link restoration (and maybe healing)

Sometimes it's necessary to pull in the water gems for Goldilocks -- largely to extend your combo bonus (which also applies to healing). All things being equal -- say you had two different scenarios with the same result, which do you choose:

Scenario 1:
    Round 1 - no water gems
    Round 2 - 6 water gems (18 links lost)
    Total: 18 links lost

Scenario2:
    Round 1 - 3 water gems (9 links lost)
    Round 2 - 3 water gems (9 links lost)
    Total: 18 links lost

Although you end up losing the same amount of links, it's actually better in terms of the combo bonus if you take in a ton of water gems all at once in conjunction to healing.

When I was a tad lower level, the main strategy against Goldie was: do some damage and stay alive while powering up Snow Queen's active. Mostly try to find link patterns to minimize link usage.

At higher levels (all max levels), it's heal as much as you need, try not to take in Water gems/burn too many links, power up actives.

20. qq28

qq28 Member

Jun 27, 2015
    #1360 qq28, Jul 25, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2015
    Nicely put. I took a Brownweave Bear with BBW to the heroic Goldie quest and got 37K health, ha! What might be interesting is using a bear with all the attack bonus passives. Also, Geppetto could be a good option as his passive adds 75 links to max and compliments nicely with Midas' link restore. Right after the full link restore, Geppetto could hit her with the active for 1mil damage.

Tried Goldie again this evening with the same team, but slightly higher levels and more potions. This time, I conquered her without spending a stone. The biggest difference was the team had 2% less resistance but 3% more critical chance. This translated to more links from Snow Queen's passive which helped. I was still struggling for life and links though, but the battle overall was easier this time and only took an hour. In terms of healing, definitely save those heart gems until they are adjacent to each other for greater healing bonus. I didn't take hearts until I have to.

Now there is a extra Goldie that I don't know what to do with.